Forum Home Forum Home > Bantam Trailer - Discussion - For Sale - Wanted > Bantam Trailer - Tech Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1 light or 2?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roadcruzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1 light or 2?
    Posted: 19 Nov. 2012 at 5:58pm
I am almost fished with my restore on my Bantam trailer and was wondering how many of you just run the 1 left tail lamp or modify and add one to the right side? I am not sure how the cops would do with only 1 hate to modify the original by ing another hole on right side.
Rus Curtis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rus Curtis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov. 2012 at 6:44pm
RC,
This was asked for the 2A's a while back.  The grandfather clause should apply to trailers (checking your local DMV would be smart), however....

My decision was easy.  The trailer came with a second hole and a bracket (removed to duplicate the original bracket) so I certainly won't fill in the hole.  This also fits with my desire to run turn signals in my jeep.  It also helps with signals if I choose to pull this trailer behind my other vehicle.

You could purchase a set of magnetic "tow" lights for travelling and then have the single lamp for shows.
Rus Curtis
Alabama
1954 CJ3B
Bantam T3-C
Roadcruzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roadcruzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov. 2012 at 12:18pm
I like your idea of the tow lights at least to carry with me in case I do get stopped, I really hate to alter it for another light.that would be last resort. 
Now being my trailer came without the tag I need to figure out how to get it registered for a plate. Just finished the wiring and new set of tires yesterday.  

Thanks for your input Rus
rustygoodness View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustygoodness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2014 at 4:13am
Mines got the whole cut, and I am tempted to fill the hole to keep it original.  Im also warry of getting pulled over for stupid stuff.  If your trailer is uncut I would be tempted to leave it that way. IF you do cut it for the love of god, use a hole saw not a jig saw or plasma cutter like someone did on mine.
 Post Reply Post Reply