Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

#12054 has arrived in WV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mullen46cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: #12054 has arrived in WV
    Posted: 17 Jan. 2010 at 11:59pm

46 2A column shift #12054 arrived at its final resting place Saturday, January 16, 2010.  It will become a donor jeep so other early Willys can be restored to original. I'm not sure what the rolling chassis is, maybe 3B, as it has an F head motor and date stamp on the T90 is '51.

Couldn't decide whether to call this pic "Willys mating" or "how to haul 23ft of Jeeps on a 16ft trailer".

More pics at:

Commander at right was the tow vehicle. Great ride across the mountains of VA & WV.

Edited by mullen46cj2a - 19 Jan. 2010 at 12:50am
Bruce Mullen   Harrisville, WV       

46 CJ2A column shift SOLD 07-15
48 CJ2A with Newgren lift
55 CJ5

tony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan. 2010 at 1:32am
Cool beans, Bruce if you have not unloaded yet could you get me some photos of that hauling setup as I am getting ready to do the same thing on my 16 ft...Looks pretty legal anyway LOL
Too many jeeps.....GOT JEEP ?
Bobatwarsaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobatwarsaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan. 2010 at 1:41am
Hi Bruce
Good luck with your new project, I have a long ways to go myself
on mine. Did either jeep come with a winch, or overdrive?
Thanks
Take Care
Bob

<
mullen46cj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mullen46cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan. 2010 at 2:19am
Bob - sorry, no nice accessories. Just the basic bare bones jeep with some bubba modifications.

Tony - Not sure how legal it was, but it never moved after strapping it down.
It will be a few days before I unload, and I will take some pictures of the expensive ramp system.
I was more concerned with total weight on the cheap trailer. I kept seeing mental images of the tongue still attached to the commander and the trailer passing me :)  IF you have ever traveled the WV Turnpike, you will know what I mean. It is not known for SMOOTH surface.

55 CJ5

tony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan. 2010 at 2:35am
Thanks Bruce, Not worried about the weight just want to see your hi tech loading system Thumbs Up
I have had 2 on a 18 ft trailer but 2 on a 16 ft now ya talking.....
lowenuf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowenuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan. 2010 at 3:04am
2 jeeps, one 18' car hauler....nothing to it Wink

now back to your regularly scheduled thread topic  Smile
45 #10012
45 #10033 ACM #47
45 #10163 ACM #188
57 CJ5    Dauntless V6, T-18 4-speed, D-44 rear/D-30 front, D-20 twin stick

Bobatwarsaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobatwarsaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan. 2010 at 3:27am
Now thats a nice hauler, I see the hard tops
arent hard to find either
Take Care
Bob

<
Rob H. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan. 2010 at 4:13am
Hey low, is that back one a special "scout" edition Wink
Rob H.

1948 CJ2A
bits and pieces of three 3A's
1967-72 Chevy C/10 kinda combined them LOL

randyscycle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyscycle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan. 2010 at 4:28am
Originally posted by mullen46cj2a mullen46cj2a wrote:

Commander at right was the tow vehicle. Great ride across the mountains of VA & WV.

Nice find!

Did you cross VA and WV on 64? I ask because I did that trip from Rush Ky, back to my place just North of Charlottesville hauling an M715 a few years back. Some of those "hills" on 64 are just a little steep. LOL
It isn't leaking, it's just marking its territory.
Roberto Flores View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Flores Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan. 2010 at 9:02am
Woooohhhhh! I love the shot of the hauler with the 2 "toys"!!! Nice!Wink
Roberto Flores
Made to order cartoons, comics...!
http://www.robertoflores.com
http://www.cafepress.com/robertoflorescartoonist
http://www.cafepress.com/theoutliner
http://www.zazzle.com/flores67

woodshopguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodshopguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan. 2010 at 1:50pm
Bruce, that looks more like a jeep and a half or maybe 3/4  . . . . in any case, looks pretty ingenious how you put that front one up on the tool box . . . probably perfectly legal, as long as it is secure. I've seen people try to hall things a heck of a lot less safely then that!

-Doug.
#33468 Column Shift
42 GPW on the TO DO list
Bantam #259
3.25 @ Bantam Trailers (Also TO DO)
41 Ford Coupe coming along slowly

sean View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan. 2010 at 2:24pm
Bruce:
Quote ... It will become a donor jeep so other early Willys can be restored to original... 
Please collect all the info for our database while you're taking it apart?

Nice find!

Sean
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mullen46cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan. 2010 at 12:38am
Quote from Randy:

"Did you cross VA and WV on 64? I ask because I did that trip from Rush Ky, back to my place just North of Charlottesville hauling an M715 a few years back. Some of those "hills" on 64 are just a little steep"

Yep, I-64 from Beckley, WV to Richmond, VA.  And back.  But I think my favorite "hill" is on I-77 at VA-NC border - where you can see 10 miles on a clear day and maybe 10 feet on a foggy day.
Funny thing - I had just made the deal a couple of days prior to you posting about your column shift 2A aquistion. I googled your location and my sphincter puckered - you were a lot closer that I was and I immediately thought the seller was about to tell me the earth opened up and the jeep fell to China.
Bruce

55 CJ5

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mullen46cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan. 2010 at 12:45am
[QUOTE=woodshopguy]Bruce, that looks more like a jeep and a half or maybe 3/4  . . . . in any case, looks pretty ingenious how you put that front one up on the tool box . . . probably perfectly legal, as long as it is secure. I've seen people try to hall things a heck of a lot less safely then that!

Doug - Never believe everything you hear and half of what you see.  Especially on the internet.
The picture angle makes it appear the plastic "Action Packer" toolbox is supporting the front end.
Actually my trailer has an angle iron headboard and side rails.  The front wheels are sitting on the headboard (with an expensive ramp between them).
Bruce

55 CJ5

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mullen46cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan. 2010 at 12:47am
Originally posted by sean sean wrote:

Bruce:[QUOTE]... It will become a donor jeep so other early Willys can be restored to original... 
Please collect all the info for our database while you're taking it apart?

Nice find!

Thanks. I will document as I dismantle it.  Not sure how soon that will be.
Bruce

55 CJ5

tony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan. 2010 at 1:50am

The front wheels are sitting on the headboard (with an expensive ramp between them).
Bruce

(with an expensive ramp between them).

LOLLOLLOL Now that what I need to see Wink  LOL
randyscycle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyscycle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan. 2010 at 3:51am

Yep, I-64 from Beckley, WV to Richmond, VA.  And back.  But I think my favorite "hill" is on I-77 at VA-NC border - where you can see 10 miles on a clear day and maybe 10 feet on a foggy day.
Funny thing - I had just made the deal a couple of days prior to you posting about your column shift 2A aquistion. I googled your location and my sphincter puckered - you were a lot closer that I was and I immediately thought the seller was about to tell me the earth opened up and the jeep fell to China.
Bruce

I know that stretch of 77 too. LOL

You needn't have worried, my 2A came from Pennsylvania, so I was heading the opposite direction.....
It isn't leaking, it's just marking its territory.
tony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan. 2010 at 2:38am
Bruce,
you the man,,,, ThanksThumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>