Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

16th VA4WDA Annual at Lovingston VA - Event Date: 19 Sep. 2008 - 20 Sep. 2008

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: 16th VA4WDA Annual at Lovingston VA
    Posted: 11 Aug. 2008 at 4:24am
Hey folks!  Thought I would pass along this opportunity to wheel on the private property of Oak Ridge Estates, near Lovingston, VA.  This is the site where numerous Camp Jeeps and Jeep Jamborees have been held also. This will be our 3rd time attending the Annual, and my 5th time wheelin' at Oakridge.  Awesome trails, people, and food.  Totally doable in a stock Jeep as there are bypasses.  It's in Arrington, just South of Lovingston off 29N.  It's $100.00 for vehicle and driver and a can of chili.  You can purchase extra meal tickets for $5 each.  Trust me, if you can make it you won't regret it.  I would suggest that you get the Registration in as soon as you can, as even though registration closes Sept 1, it always ends before that, as they only take 250 vehicles. Tent camping is available as part of the charge, at the Main Site, but as it stands right now, no motor homes, campers or pop ups. There will be alternative sites available.

16TH Annual Virginia Four Wheel Drive Association Trail Ride

And

Poker Run

Hosted By TIDEWATER FOURWHEELERS

SEPTEMBER 19-20, 2008

Oakridge Estate, Arrington, VA

VA4WDA MEMBERS = $60 per vehicle + 1 Can of chili.

ALL OTHERS = $100 per vehicle + 1 Can of chili.

INCLUDES: TRAIL RIDES FRIDAY AND SATURDAY, 1 DASH PLAQUE, 1 POKER HAND, 1 DRIVERS RAFFLE TICKET, 1 MEAL TICKET (FOR SATURDAY NIGHT), CAMP FIRES BOTH FRIDAY AND SATURDAY, A GREAT TIME WITH FELLOW FOUR WHEELING ENTHUSISTS & LAND USE FEE. 

ADDITIONAL POKER HANDS ($5), MEAL TICKETS ($5) AND T-SHIRTS ($15) WILL ALSO BE SOLD AT THE EVENT.

ALL PROCEEDS TO BENEFIT THE VA4WDA

The following are required, NO exceptions:

Valid drivers license for each driver.

Valid state registration for each vehicle driven on the trails.

Tow hooks or tie points on the front and back of vehicle driven on the trails.

There will be vehicle inspection each morning prior to registration.

THERE IS A 250 VEHICLE LIMIT!

****Registration form must be postmarked by Sept. 1, 2008 or it will be returned to you.****

One registration form per vehicle please.

I'm sending links for the 2008 Annual Registration form in two different formats, as I don't know which suits you better, and the Release Form too which you and whoever is riding with you sign and return with the Registration form.  If you can't do the Waiver due to it's format, which is also a pdf file, no problem, as you can do it when you get there.

Follow this link to download the Liability Waiver:

Any questions, just let me know.  Hope to see some of y'all there.

Be well,
Richard

Edited by RichardD - 30 Aug. 2008 at 2:16am
'87 YJ Laredo My DD
'02 TJ X Fiancee's DD, and our Trail Rig
'65 M-416 Trailer

Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause you just never know.....
RichardD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug. 2008 at 6:01am
UPDATE:

As of today, 110 registered, 140 left.

Be well,
Richard
RichardD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug. 2008 at 2:17am
UPDATE:

8/20/08 140 Registered / 110 Left

If you're thinking about going, you better get your registration in the mail ASAP.

Be well,
Richard

Edited by RichardD - 21 Aug. 2008 at 2:31am
RichardD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug. 2008 at 6:12pm
As of 8/26:

175 Registered, 75 spots left. You have to have your registration postmarked by September 1st, only 5 days left, and that's if it doesn't get to 250 first.

Be well,
Richard
RichardD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug. 2008 at 2:00am
LAST CALL!

Hey again folks. Since Monday, September 1st is a holiday, and the Post Office will be closed, you have tomorrow (Saturday 8/30) to get your registration postmarked and in the mail if you want to attend the event.

The camper/popup/motorhome issue is still being worked on, answers will be sent with the confirmation email September 2nd.

Be well,
Richard

Edited by RichardD - 30 Aug. 2008 at 2:11am
 Post Reply Post Reply