Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

#178350 in Action.......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb. 2007 at 10:36am
Skip, well it's a new day today and I still can't get over this story, this is just too cool!!!
Just wanted to say when you get ready to start modifying/rebuilding and have any "what did that come off of?" kind of questions you're wondering about, feel free to email me.   rocnroll at prodigy dot net

The picture used in your avatar was the picture Tom used when he tried to sell it on eBay before your dad bought it I think.

Edited by rocnroll - 23 Feb. 2007 at 10:45am
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
westforkboyd View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westforkboyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb. 2007 at 11:36am
This is cool!

Never consideded how this site could evolve like this. If it stays up and  available in fifty years maybe someone will say "Oh that's WFB's  old Mule".

And to think you turned every nut and bolt on the thing!
'48 CJ-2A #184135 Lefty
'49 CJ-2A #219719 Mule
'39 Ford 9N
'55 Oliver Super 55 Ollybelle
samcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb. 2007 at 11:51am
The other thing that strikes me about this is that it reinforces the notion that as obsessive as many of us are about restoring our current Jeeps to one definition or another of how it rolled off the factory line, it is, in fact, all those unique characteristics/modifications of our first Jeeps that allows us to ID them if they ever turn up.  I know the stuff that I did to my first one would make it easy to recognize if I ever came across it as a whole vehicle.
Sam

1946 CJ2A   15292 ACM    6678

1947 CJ2A 122031 ACM 111989

Are Glass Bowl Fuel Pumps OE?
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb. 2007 at 12:17pm
Just to add another cute little irony to this.......Sam, I notice you're in Arlington, wanna guess where I hauled it to in VA when I sold it?!!!! Big%20smile
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

samcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb. 2007 at 12:27pm
Uh, Bristol?  Tongue
Sam

1946 CJ2A   15292 ACM    6678

1947 CJ2A 122031 ACM 111989

Are Glass Bowl Fuel Pumps OE?
47Willys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47Willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb. 2007 at 1:47pm
Roc,
The picture was given to my Dad when he bought the jeep. I loved the picture so much, I scanned it and now use it for my wallpaper on my work and home computer! I think I also have a video of the jeep the came with it! I think it is the trail ride of the 1st picture that you posted earlier. I will have to search for the video now. Thanks for the information on the wheels and tires, I now know what to look for when I get mudders for it. I would like to talk to you about the header. The manifold on the jeep has a small crack. Looks like it was repaired a few times in the past. I would rather put a header on it than repair or buy a new manifold. I will try to dig up some pictures on jeep when I get home tonight and post them. I showed my boys the pictures you posted last night and they could not believe it! If you have any other photo's of the jeep, let me know. Talk to you later.
Skip

Woods Family

1946 CJ2A

1947 CJ2A

1949 CJ2A

1957 CJ5

1984 CJ5

2000 Wrangler

2004 Grand Cherokee
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb. 2007 at 3:17pm
The video is not the same place as the pictures. That's in NC before I sold it and he wasn't there.

I met him on the Rubicon Jamboree in '97......I went back in '98......then again in '99. He and a buddy and their two wives showed up at the '99 one just coincidentally. We started kidding around with him saying "I'm gonna buy that jeep this weekend".........once we realized we were both serious, the talk really began......We stayed in touch when we got back on 'this side of the world' from California and I delivered it to him in I think Feb. of 2000.

The video you saw was either the storebought tape put out by the Jamboree (it was on all three of those years tapes)or some footage he took of me on that trip......would be interesting to see if it's home footage, haven't seen that, but I've got the Jambo footage.

So tell your boys that it's been over the Rubicon three separate times (and actually impressed some o'them California boys to boot!!!.... did my heart good)........It's also been on the slickrock of Moab,UT

Pictures? I got all kinds of pictures.....Thumbs%20Up

Edit.......I went back and went through some tapes and found I DO have one that Tom sent me of home footage.....so I bet that's what you've got. Nevertheless, it's on the Rubicon....Sierra Nevada Mtns. in N. California....
How old are your sons?..............P.S. I sent my girlfriend a link to this post last night after I found it........let's just say we both wish it was still in Alabama......But I'm glad you and your family are enjoying it!!

Edited by rocnroll - 23 Feb. 2007 at 3:35pm
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

Jeff View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb. 2007 at 5:50pm
I wonder how long ago it was when we discussed your Jeep before?  I remember thinking it was in Chatham.  The point of this that we all have an eye out for old flatties!  Now if someone can only find my old 47 2A.  It was sold to someone in Storrs CT back in 1973.  It was yellow at the time but was originally Normandy Blue.  It also had a Warn OD and a back seat.  Serial number is 94,436.  It was in terrific shape when I sold it and the buyer seemed interested in keeping it that way. 

I will keep my fingers crossed Smile

Jeff

Jeff
Jeff View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb. 2007 at 5:57pm
http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=554&KW=

found the old post, kinda neat it turned up
Jeff
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb. 2007 at 7:49pm
Thanks Jeff, that was a pretty good 'blast from the past'.
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

47Willys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47Willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb. 2007 at 8:02pm
Roc,
Just sent you an email with some photo's, enjoy! Big%20smile If I can figure out how to post photos on this site, I will! My oldest son is now on my case to get Mudders so we can go muddin and rock climbing like your photo's.
Skip
Woods Family

1946 CJ2A

1947 CJ2A

1949 CJ2A

1957 CJ5

1984 CJ5

2000 Wrangler

2004 Grand Cherokee
47Willys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47Willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb. 2007 at 8:10pm
Jeff,
My brother bought a 49 with warn OD and back seat about 6 years ago from a guy on the Cape. It was in great shape and is now in GA were he lives. It is light blue in color. My good friend in Chatham has a 47 (I think) and I will ask him were he got his. It sits in a heated garage and he hardly ever uses it. He did a frame off restoration to it.
Skip
Woods Family

1946 CJ2A

1947 CJ2A

1949 CJ2A

1957 CJ5

1984 CJ5

2000 Wrangler

2004 Grand Cherokee
Jeff View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb. 2007 at 8:20pm
How about a little Willys contingent at the Chatham 4th of July parade?  I would gladly bring mine down.  Heck the Wood's would have enough 2A's for their own parade!
Jeff
47Willys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47Willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2007 at 6:37pm
Jeff,
If we only had kept all the Willys we have owned over the years we could have had one heck of a parade! We have owned 3 CJ2A's, 3 Willys Wagons, 3 or 4 Willys pickups, 2 Willys CJ5's and a FC. Not to mention all the "newer" jeeps we have owned! There is a guy in town (Shrewsbury) who is just finishing a frame off restoration on a CJ2A that wants to put a CJ2A club together for Centeral MA. area. He wants us to bring all our Willys to the big Worcester Car and Hot rod show the week before the 4th so I am bringing my Jeep to that. I am sure I can get 2 or 3 CJ2A's together for the 4th down on the Cape. I talked to my Dad over the weekend and he remembered you! He asked how you were doing and told you to stop by and say Hi over the summer.
Skip

Woods Family

1946 CJ2A

1947 CJ2A

1949 CJ2A

1957 CJ5

1984 CJ5

2000 Wrangler

2004 Grand Cherokee
trader_reed View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trader_reed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2007 at 6:47pm
Let me know when you guys get together! I go to Nauset in my 4X4 Winnabago during the summer. I'm sure I could get my Willys there for a meeting. Hyannis has an excellent car show on fathers day, last year was great.
Jeff View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2007 at 7:52pm
a get together sounds great!  when we get closer I will be sure to remind you two. 
Skip - tell your dad I am doing great and I will look him up for sure again this summer

Jeff
Drifter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar. 2007 at 11:27pm
ok so any kind of reunion planned there Chad? Another chance to press the dummy clutch? and make a pinto roar? Thumbs%20Up
Luke

?? dj3a
-(to be tagged as 48 cj2a)
00 Ford Ranger
07 kia rio

in Ripley TN
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar. 2007 at 9:06am
Nope, that's a little bit out of my neighborhood.
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>