Forum Home Forum Home > Other Vehicles Area > Other Vehicles - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1942 GMC 6x6

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec. 2013 at 4:13am
F Bill, all I need to do now is get the CJ finished and it will get plenty of work carting the diesel and petrol to site to feed the other toysLOL

The excavator is late 80's , early 90's and with the GMC being 71 years old between them they are nearly a combined 100 years old  

I like to see gear being used, not sitting in Museums gathering dust.

Its great fun to be able to give them a good work out and with several kms of roads to build I think they will be busy all summer.....whish being Dec 1st here started today.

I'd like to get an old bulldozer up there as well, I did have a BTD6 a few years ago and wish I never sold it now.

If you have  nothing to do, come and drive them.........I am only 12, 000km away...

Adrian 
1946 CJ-2A Column Change 14605
1973 Saab 96
willys54wagon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willys54wagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec. 2013 at 9:26am
You reminded me of when I got a load of sand with my jeep.   With truck, I am warned to stay in the vehicle and NOT get out when they load the trailer.   With the cj, they didn't quite know what to do with me so them gave me a bright green helmet and safety vest to wear so the pay loader wouldn't dump the sand on me I guess.
Two jeeps on the road, one is close and the rest are dreams.
Adrian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec. 2013 at 9:42am
I fabricated the big headboard knowing that the canvas roof was not going to stop too many rocksTongue

The truck has a heap of logs to move as well, so sometime soon I will make up a frame to sit on the deck to enable me to get a good load on it.

Its a great old truck.....it was either this or an articulated dump truck, so history wins....  
1946 CJ-2A Column Change 14605
1973 Saab 96
F Bill View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec. 2013 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by willys54wagon willys54wagon wrote:

You reminded me of when I got a load of sand with my jeep.   With truck, I am warned to stay in the vehicle and NOT get out when they load the trailer.   With the cj, they didn't quite know what to do with me so them gave me a bright green helmet and safety vest to wear so the pay loader wouldn't dump the sand on me I guess.

How much sand could you get in your jeep with the loader at the gravel pit? Sounds like a good challenge for the loader operator.

Really got me thinking about finding a surplus truck around here, Adrian. I need a dump truck to clean up my property, or a dump trailer. Driving from one end of the property to the other with a bucket full of whatever is hard on a loader. And SLOW.
If you haven't checked out the tech FAQ section, go to:
http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/tech-faq_forum57.html
for a lot of great stuff you need to know!!

willys54wagon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willys54wagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec. 2013 at 6:49pm
It is just a 4x8 trailer but I get a ton of sand on it for short distances.   I have 11 inch brakes so that helps.   I always amazes me that I get within 100 lbs of what I ask for.   Do they have scales on those payloaders or is he that good?
Two jeeps on the road, one is close and the rest are dreams.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12