Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Research & History
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1944 Article

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote all4jpn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1944 Article
    Posted: 02 June 2012 at 3:50am
mods, put here as it pertains to 2a history..if wrong please move

i got this article off epay last month because i liked the art....scanned in for all to enjoy..i like how almost 70 years later some comments are still true...
large so can be saved with good quality/able to read

zoom in

someone look up the 16 year old...it would be funny if he has a jeep...
46 cj/06 lj/ and mb/2a/38 hybrid project
Joe Frazer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Frazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2012 at 5:32am
Thanks for sharing!

What is the month/year of the Popular Science issue? I ask because it will give me
something to keep an eye out for at garage sales and the like!
Collecting any/all Kaiser/Frazer/JEEP literature/handouts/toys etc.
46 CJ2A
50 Jeepster
51 Pick-up
54 Willys Aero Hardtop
54 Kaiser Willys Darrin
56 Wagon
56 Factory Proto-type FC 170 Truck
Joshuatwatson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joshuatwatson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2012 at 8:10am
Awesome!! Thanks so much for sharing!! I really like the idea on page 3.. the Fishermans Folly!! Looks like I may have an idea for my jeep down the line!
www.RealDealRealty.com
archerace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote archerace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2012 at 8:40am
Appears to be the February 1944 issue.  The article is on page 80.  Very cool.

http://goo.gl/njL5u

Edited by archerace - 02 June 2012 at 8:41am
sibaropsis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sibaropsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2012 at 8:26pm
Wonderful reading. How many of the folks who responded to the Popular Science contest would have imagined that 1) the basic vehicle would still be in production nearly 70 years later, and 2) would enjoy passionate followings ranging from those interested in the most accurate restoration of civilian and military versions, to the most hardcore high tech rock crawlers, trail jeeps, and everything in between?

Edited by sibaropsis - 02 June 2012 at 8:29pm
Steve
Abend View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2012 at 2:20am
Very cool article, thanks for sharing.  The fishing jeep was cool - the part on the back of the jeep reminds me of the patrol boxes we had when I was in Boy Scouts.  It's got me thinking of building something like it that could be set in place in the back for camping, using the tailgate as a door.  I'm certainly glad Mr. Edwin T. Brown didn't get his way and Willys continued making them after the war.
Joe DeYoung View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2012 at 5:07pm
That is an awsesome ad that I haven't seen before. I really appreciate you sharing it. Clap
Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

Post Reply Post Reply