Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1946 CJ2A restoration complete

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug. 2017 at 7:53pm
Very very nice!, now start clocking up the miles.....
1946 CJ-2A Column Change 14605
1973 Saab 96
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug. 2017 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by Handler1 Handler1 wrote:

... when I was given a CJ7 as a relocation incentive (Those days are long gone).  

I sure wouldn't mind an incentive like that!
leecarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leecarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug. 2017 at 12:02am
Beautiful job,your organization skills have me jealous, I'm sure you've been asked over and over but what kind of tires are those and what size?
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug. 2017 at 2:35am
Super nice job Don on your restoration.Thumbs UpEnjoy driving it.
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug. 2017 at 2:48am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

I hope to finish mine this fall/winter

"Finish" this?  What could it possibly need besides a passenger seat cover??
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Handler1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Handler1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug. 2017 at 1:42pm
Actually, you're the first to ask about the tires, although almost everyone that sees the Jeep comments on how great the tires look.

They are Toyo 215/85R/16.  I paid $926.60 CDN all in, including taxes, mounting, balancing, dismounting, and disposal of my old tires.  From that, I got a $70.00 mail in rebate so ended up paying $856.60 CDN.  I bought them at a small Tire Discounter shop, but when I phoned around the prices were all the same.  The service at this shop though was second to none.  My priority was to get the highest possible profile in the most narrow width and a look that was between off-road and street.  I would have preferred a 205 with, but couldn't get the 205 in an 85R profile.

At this early stage, I couldn't be more pleased with the ride.  Turning feels like power steering.  A much softer ride than my CJ3B that had beautiful 10 X 30 mudders that looked absolutely magnificent but the Jeep turned like a tank regardless of how I tweaked the steering box.

Take care and thanks again for your comments,
don

Willy M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willy M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug. 2017 at 3:42pm
Thanks for the info on the tires.  I haven't been a fan of NDTs since driving my Dad's wrecker that had them all around on an icy road.  Almost got to call a wrecker for myself that time.  
leecarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leecarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug. 2017 at 9:38pm
I think those are about the nicest looking tires I've seen on a 2a, are you running tubes ? Once again
great job.
Handler1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Handler1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug. 2017 at 9:53pm
Hi, I went with tubeless.  Even though the rims were well sandblasted before painting, nice and clean and appeared to be in great condition, I just could bring myself to trust 70 year old rims to hold air.

don
Handler1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Handler1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug. 2017 at 6:32pm
Hello again, I had a memory fart on the tires.  They are in fact tubeless.  Sorry about that,
don
leecarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leecarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug. 2017 at 8:45pm
I have been told that they won't work tubeless, but that's what I plan on doing with mine, glad to hear that, I hate tubes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12