Forum Home Forum Home > Bantam Trailer - Discussion - For Sale - Wanted > Bantam Trailer - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1946 T3-C may be mine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11B40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1946 T3-C may be mine
    Posted: 11 Apr. 2012 at 10:51pm
Hello All, About a month ago a fellow stopped by telling me he has a trailer for sale I might be interested in. because he saw me working on my M37B1 Dodge. He told me it was military. I finally got over to see it and then went back after doing some research to tell him "no not military, no not even the right size for my 3/4 ton" It needs work but decided my son could use it. I should get it in the next week or two and then there will be pictures for comments, and of course questions from me.

My Life, Past& Present
www.crayonmedia.com/wayne/
11B40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11B40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr. 2012 at 1:41am
Retrieved the trailer tonight. I'll take some pics tomorrow of it and post here and let the website use the data. The reggy shows 1946 serial # 21725 as does the data plate. The trailer needs help but my Lady thought it was a good find for the bucks. Then again I would expect nothing less from a women that let me build a vintage Triumph in the den Wink
My Life, Past& Present
FlaJoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlaJoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr. 2012 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by 11B40 11B40 wrote:

Then again I would expect nothing less from a women that let me build a vintage Triumph in the den Wink

I don't know but it sounds like she's a keeper! Big smile
Joe
11B40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11B40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr. 2012 at 7:26pm
Had a chance to snap some pics. I am confused as this rig has features that more resemmble a 47 or 48? They all can be seen here
http://www.crayonmedia.com/wayne/1946_Bantam_Trailer/
But I'll post a few if I can.

My Life, Past& Present
bkreutz View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkreutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr. 2012 at 8:35pm
21725 is consistent with a 47 (as are the features in your pictures, I don't see anything that would indicate a 46) The data plate was originally attached with solid rivets rather than pop rivets so that one had been removed and reattached (not a big deal, just something I noticed). Unusual for a title to be earlier than the production year (seeing it the other way is commonLOL) but paperwork was pretty "loose" back in the day so who knows.

PS It took me a bit to figure out your username and avatar, if it was a snake it would have bitten meLOL
Gale

47 CJ2A 142857
47 Bantam T3-C 16271

Photo page http://bkreutz.smugmug.com/
11B40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11B40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr. 2012 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by bkreutz bkreutz wrote:

21725 is consistent with a 47 (as are the features in your pictures, I don't see anything that would indicate a 46) The data plate was originally attached with solid rivets rather than pop rivets so that one had been removed and reattached (not a big deal, just something I noticed). Unusual for a title to be earlier than the production year (seeing it the other way is commonLOL) but paperwork was pretty "loose" back in the day so who knows.

PS It took me a bit to figure out your username and avatar, if it was a snake it would have bitten meLOL

Yes I agree about the year listed on the registration, usually later than earlier? But I'm old enough to have run into all sorts of typos on early DMV stuff, usually the Vin number though. The PO used this trailer to store coal in, which I'm sure didn't help in the rot department. Also if you look at the tongue you will see two studs and a hole that doesn't belong there. Since he didn't move it he had a large vise bolted to it. So if it's a 47 it is as old as me, and I guess a torse-up to which one is in better shape LOL
My Life, Past& Present
 Post Reply Post Reply