Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1947 CJ2A What do I have here?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beebs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1947 CJ2A What do I have here?
    Posted: 15 Oct. 2017 at 5:25pm
I havent seen many with this top on it. What do I have here and whats your opinion on value?

Edited by Beebs - 15 Oct. 2017 at 5:29pm
bverboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bverboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct. 2017 at 5:28pm
you have a very cool jeep.. does it run??
Beebs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beebs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct. 2017 at 5:29pm
Runs and drives stops everything works frame is solid floor pans were just redone

Edited by Beebs - 15 Oct. 2017 at 5:31pm
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct. 2017 at 5:59pm
Welcome. When I lived in Ohio a few years ago I bought and sold  similar tops for $100.  You could try searching for info on the tops. Any tags riveted to the top? 

Data--> http://cj-2a.com/parts_list/CJ2A_data.php
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct. 2017 at 7:21pm
Here you go the best thread I have seen yet on Jeep hard tops old and new

http://www.earlycj5.com/xf_cj5/index.php?threads/jeep-tops-past-and-present-a-partial-list.118356/
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
otto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct. 2017 at 8:42pm
I have a very similar top on one of my jeeps. There’s no tag or identification on it so I’m not a lot of help today. 
47 CJ2A w/fuel injected boat engine
48 CJ2A
64 Ford Econoline Travelwagon
If you can't get there in a Jeep, get a motorcycle!
Stev View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct. 2017 at 8:50pm
Looks like it could be a Sears All State top.  Can you post a photo of the inside of the doors.  Does top have some kind of 1/4" insulation on it?

What year is the Jeep?  1947?
Stev
1946 CJ2A Trail Jeep (The Saint), 1948 CJ2A Lefty Restored
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct. 2017 at 9:41pm
Koenig Ironworks full hardtop . Mfg'd in Texas. Heavy, but nice. They average about 350.00, but shipping it kills the deal. They are way nicer for cold weather than  a canvas top. Noisy. They magnify the transmission noise and rattle if you don't use good rubber seals and run down the problem spots. The mfg. Tag was riveted with 4 rivits on the passenger side of the top at the bottom of the panel directly behind the door on the outside. I own a full and half cab. Roll up windows with decent tracks. One of the better aftermarket accessory tops. Wink
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
Beebs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beebs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct. 2017 at 9:56pm
how much do you think the whole jeep is worth? Trying to sell it just dont know how much I should be asking
bverboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bverboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct. 2017 at 11:26pm
my top was really load till I tightened up the rivets.. mine don't have a tag of stampings that I can find....   might be a sears and roebuck for all I know...
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct. 2017 at 12:37am
It does look like a Koenig top. Mine doesn't have a tag on it either but there are some holes in the right place. You might also check out the CJ3B site. There is several pages of pictures.
uncamonkey
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct. 2017 at 1:31am
Originally posted by Beebs Beebs wrote:

how much do you think the whole jeep is worth? Trying to sell it just dont know how much I should be asking

Where in Ohio?

Does it in run, drive, stop? Do you have the title, in your name, for it? Interior pics, underneath pics?

Beebs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beebs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct. 2017 at 1:34am
Wooster Ohio runs drives stops clear title in my grandpas name floor pans were just redone frame is super solid. this is the only picture i have right now of the inside

Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct. 2017 at 2:23am
Interesting driver's seat.  Talk about your lumbar support, huh?  Smile
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct. 2017 at 8:51pm
I used to live in Lodi and Medina from '08- 2014

I bought a '48 2A out of Ashland about 7 years ago. No top, The "F" head motor didn't run, came with some extras and had the title for I think $1,100.

IMHO, I would think you could get $2,300-3,000 for yours, maybe a little more. I could be way off but this is what I would pay for it based on description and photos.

damar2yxr View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damar2yxr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct. 2017 at 12:01pm
I would say that jeep is a $2000 - $2500 asking price jeep. The guy that wants this jeep will beat you down to $1500 - $2000 cash in hand. Now that is what an experienced jeep guy will do.......the wide eyed new flat fender guy will not see all the work that goes into these things and will pay more.

Edited by damar2yxr - 17 Oct. 2017 at 12:05pm
eat,sleep,jeep

Proud father of a Marine, Army Dentist, Navy Pilot and a Princess. LIFE IS GOOD!
43MB,47CJ2-A,48CJ2-A X2,70Jeepster Commando 1/2 cab,84CJ-7,
cpt logger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpt logger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct. 2017 at 8:30pm
As has been said, it is worth what the buyer is willing to pay. That being said;

Location matters on these things. Jeeps in B.C. will fetch a different price than the same Jeep in Oregon, Colorado, Illinois, Georgia, or Maine.

Condition is a huge determining factor in the value of these Jeeps. It runs, stops, & drives. Good! How well does it do these things? The sheet metal work that was just done, how well was this done, how far did they go? Did they match the original metal, or did they do as I do, they made it work & look good, without worrying about originality? What voltage is the Jeep now? All of this effects the value of your Jeep.

You have a title, very good! If it were in your name that would be a big plus. Make sure that the serial number on the title matches the Jeeps serial number.

You are in Ohio, which is part of the "Rust Belt". The main question that needs to be addressed is how bad is the rust? That top may have helped at keeping the "Rust Monsters" at bay. But the salt on your roads could have had its way with the frame. If Grandpa did not run it on the roads in the winter & early spring, you may be OK. So, how bad is the rust on the underside of the Jeep? Look at the frame as well as the tub, (body). Look closely at the body support pieces IE the "Hat Channels", how bad is the rust there? I would be surprised if they are not almost completely rusted away. Unless this is part of the "floor pans" you were referring to as being replaced. To determine this aspect of your Jeep we will need pictures of these areas.

I know that you said the frame is "super solid", your definition of "super solid" may be different than mine. I have been told by sellers that their frame was in good shape, only to find, upon inspection, that it was rusted very badly in the hard to see areas behind some brackets.  

I am not trying top be mean, I am trying to answer your question as far as value goes. IMHO, Your CJ maybe worth quite a bit of money there in the "Rust Belt", if indeed it is rust free. That is quite a rarity. Again, IMHO, If the frame is almost rusted into two or three pieces, then it is worth what the parts will bring.

IHTH, Cpt Logger.
Beebs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beebs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct. 2017 at 8:38pm
This is a montana jeep and only has been in ohio for less then a year so yes its super solid vehicle. the voltage is original never touched. This vehicle hardly gets driven and specially not in winter it gets put up in storage. Looking to get $4000 for it as is running driving stopping clean title

Edited by Beebs - 22 Oct. 2017 at 8:42pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>