Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1948 CJ2A

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 15>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arsene Wenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 4:35am
Originally posted by damar2yxr damar2yxr wrote:

You need the passenger seat cast seat brackets? If so, consider them found. I can send them to your Canadian brother. I would put your list on the “wanted to buy” section of the forum or just post it on your thread.
Please PM me an address that works for you.Big smile

Thank You sir.. 

Appreciate your help. 

I will PM you his address. 

I will also start putting things that i need for the fine touches on the I want to buy section and see how i go. 

The Deeper the Foundations , The Stronger the Castle.

Arsene Wenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arsene Wenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 4:43am
Another important step taken where we were able to prepare the Jeep for the Paint shop. Sharing some photos of the progress

Securing the engine mounts. This is something that i will buy from the US because none are available here and what i have are really worn out. 

Placing the Engine - we did not have an engine mount with the chain so we had to use the one that came with the truck and it was very cumbersome but we got there. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arsene Wenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 4:56am

Using a broom to remove accumulated dust. 

On it's way to the paint shop - we painted the parts at home but decided to paint the body at the work shop. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arsene Wenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 5:18am
My next challenge is to fabricate the front and rear seats. This is what i have for the front seats and i never got the rear seats 

Are there any detailed drawings that i could use for the front seats. I have the drawings for the rear seats 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arsene Wenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 6:59am

At the Paint Shop

Removal of the Rubba Seal from the rear floor - It was often used for rust prevention back in the day. 

Hot day - 100 F 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arsene Wenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 1:29pm

I had got these uni joints from the US from RFJP - since they could not be found locally - they came out well !! 

Rubba Seal removed by hand. . . Body looks good... Small bits of rust fixed .. body had been lying for a couple of years. 

Fender ready for being primed. We had given strict instructions that we gotta get to metal.. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arsene Wenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 2:14pm

So we had to finish the hand brake 

So we did not find the right bolts in the entire town. The fear that my father had was that 2 bolts were completely gone and rounded but luckily the guy who is working on removing the rubba seal had 2 in his old stock. 

The other two had just about started to round off and my father feared that in the future if there is any rust or for whatever reason they get stuck and get rounded off - we will be in big trouble. So he added a thin layer of copper weld which will act as "stoppers" and will lock the bolts and prevent them from rounding. I hope my explanation made sense

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arsene Wenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 2:20pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arsene Wenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 2:27pm

And we are done 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arsene Wenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 3:58am

Red oxide primer next. We have cleaned the surface rust the best we could with hand.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arsene Wenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2019 at 3:11am
Not too far away from painting the body - Sharing more photos of the preparation work before the final paint 

We are trying to find the right shade for the Emerald Green. We were unable to create a nice paint sample so running a bit behind. 

If you guys spot anything wrong on the body, please let me know. Now is the time for last minute corrections. 

Thanks 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arsene Wenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2019 at 7:15am
The paint work has got delayed because i had to make the necessary corrections to make it a lefty. I also had to fabricate the top bow pockets that were missing on my Jeep all together

I was not convinced about the last bit fabricated. I thought the angle was wrong - Did not like the slant 

However look at the image below and that shows our folly

The original bracket was there - we just needed to remove the after market bow pipe that was inserted. We never needed to fabricate the square bits at ll. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arsene Wenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2019 at 7:22am
Spare Tire bracket added

Added this horizontal hat channel 

I had to do this work because of the lefty mystery - Please refer to the thread here - https://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/lefty-or-not_topic44904.html

Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2019 at 2:58am
Originally posted by Arsene Wenger Arsene Wenger wrote:

Oops, the hat channel is supposed to go all the way to the seam there where the brake light panel meets the curved back panel.  I just went out and looked to make sure.  Still, it's nice work!

Edited by Ol' Unreliable - 18 June 2019 at 3:00am
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arsene Wenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2019 at 5:24am
Originally posted by Ol' Unreliable Ol' Unreliable wrote:

Originally posted by Arsene Wenger Arsene Wenger wrote:

Oops, the hat channel is supposed to go all the way to the seam there where the brake light panel meets the curved back panel.  I just went out and looked to make sure.  Still, it's nice work!

Thank you for letting me know - Will get that fixed. !! 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arsene Wenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2019 at 6:41am
Hello All 

Been some time since my last update. The changes i had needed to make delayed the paint. By then the monsoons came and it is impossible to get a good paint job done with 90% humidity 

Posting some updates 

Extended the channel as per recommendation by Dave Smile

Fabricated the L shaped bracket and the Exhaust support 

Fabricated battery tray that got rid of the really good but incorrect Bubba tray. 

Base coat  has gone in .. The dust accumulated quickly 

And that is all for the time being !! 

mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2019 at 11:36am
Nothing more frustrating than a delay you can do nothing about Wacko
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2019 at 3:09am
I see another flatfender tub there.  So you won't have the only 2A in the neighborhood?  Darn!  Big smile
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 15>