Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1948 CJ2A

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arsene Wenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan. 2020 at 4:11am
Thanks Gents. It is coming home soon. Then we will have to do the temporary 12 v wiring while I search for 6 V parts. 
The Deeper the Foundations , The Stronger the Castle.

Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan. 2020 at 11:39pm
So I guess you'll still be posting photos of it then.  Good!!  Thumbs Up
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Arsene Wenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arsene Wenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan. 2020 at 5:04am
Ah yes. Miles to go before i sleep. There are so many errors in this Jeep. I have to fix them Smile

My 12 volt voltage regulator is giving me trouble (stopped working after 12 months or so of no use) and the battery is not charging. 

hence the delay in arrival .. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arsene Wenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb. 2020 at 7:42am
G'Day All 

The Mighty 2A finally came home after paint and basic electrical work. As mentioned earlier, there is a lot to be done but sharing some photos. 

Edited by Arsene Wenger - 02 Feb. 2020 at 7:55am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arsene Wenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb. 2020 at 7:53am

Edited by Arsene Wenger - 02 Feb. 2020 at 8:01am

Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb. 2020 at 1:47pm
You started your build in Jan 2013 and what a amazing job though out your build. ClapClap
Enjoy your Jeep for many years you deserve it .

Giles
1946 cj2a 59108
1998 Jeep Cherokee 2 doors
2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
willyt View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willyt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb. 2020 at 2:19pm
Oh it's so good looking! Now take it to the outback and get your first scratch on it. lol
1952 CJ3A (Lil'Green)
early M38A1(Ole Green)
1970 Jeepster Commando
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb. 2020 at 2:51pm
Nicely done.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
flattiesrule View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flattiesrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb. 2020 at 3:08pm
Outstanding! This has been one of my favorite builds to follow.
'47 cj2a
'76 cj7
'01 cherokee sport
Flatfender Ben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb. 2020 at 5:20pm
WOW!!!
Those pictures are awesome Clap
What a great Jeep. 
Thanks for sharing your project with us. 
1946 cj2a desert dog
1946 cj2a bulldog
1948 cj2a blue jeep
1953 cj3b yard dog
1955 willys wagon
1955 willys pickup
1956 willys pickup boomer
1960 fc 170
1968 jeepster commando
1990 Grand wagoneer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arsene Wenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb. 2020 at 4:21am
Thanks Guys. Will keep sharing other progress pictures. But man it is great to have it back home. 

Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb. 2020 at 5:52am
Yes, that Jeep looks great!  Thumbs Up  Thumbs Up  Thumbs Up
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arsene Wenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2020 at 4:46am
Ok .. It has been some time since the last update so get ready !! 

Fitted a new gearbox mount. It is from an Indian Jeep so it would work with a check nut. But originals had cotter pins so we had to make our own custom one 

Drilled and fitted the cotter pin. 

This was the tired old mount that was replaced. I am hoping that this can be refurbished. Let's see if it is worth the effort. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arsene Wenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2020 at 4:48am
Fitted the dash light. Works quite well. The cheap after market Fuel gauge will be replaced when i convert it to 6V. 

The King Seeley Gauge  gauge will also be replaced with the correct 2A speedometer now that i have found the speedometer wire. 

Will also eventually replace the faded ammeter gauge which is a Slat Grill 30 - 30 gauge with the correct 50 - 50 one. 

The 50 - 50 type hardly registered any reading (6v gauge on a 12 v set up) but the 30 - 30 showed readings and came with the Jeep so i kept it as is for the time being. 

Edited by Arsene Wenger - 26 Feb. 2020 at 4:50am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arsene Wenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan. 2021 at 8:22am
G'Day Gents.

Hope everyone has kept well during these rather tumultuous times.
Been a long time since my last update.

Due to the spread of COVID 19 , was not able to travel much and make any progress with the Lefty. The next big thing, was to convert to 6 volts and work on the detailing and finally get working on the canvas (the JPET thread is a real inspiration)  but with businesses shut nothing got done.

However Jeep was driven regularly and we enjoyed it heaps. Since the 2A is kind of winding down I also got a September 42 Matching Numbers GPW project which will need heaps of parts and work.

Some photos

The 3B style light will be changed but still searching for a CM hall reflector. If anyone can help, please let me know.

If anyone has spare GPW parts and would like to sell , please ping me. All help appreciated.

Thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arsene Wenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan. 2021 at 8:30am

No Go Pro but managed with the mobile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arsene Wenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan. 2021 at 11:29am

At a famous eating out joint where sumptuous meat dishes are served 

mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan. 2021 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by Arsene Wenger Arsene Wenger wrote:

At a famous eating out joint where sumptuous meat dishes are served 

"The Payoff" LOL
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>