Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Auction Listings / Classified Ads/ Jeeps for Sale Sightings!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1948 Willys CJ2A | Wonderfully restored

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowenuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec. 2018 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by Ol' Unreliable Ol' Unreliable wrote:

I'm looking for the seams on the tub sides below the seats.  Can't see them.  Driver's side step looks like it's not completely connected.  I wouldn't use the word "restored" for this Jeep.  I'd call it repaired, and nicely too, but not "restored".

Those are all traits of an aftermarket tub...
45 #10012
45 #10033 ACM #47
45 #10163 ACM #188
57 CJ5    Dauntless V6, T-18 4-speed, D-44 rear/D-30 front, D-20 twin stick

Greaser007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greaser007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec. 2018 at 3:01pm
   Dang _ _ _ what a cream-puff of a Flat-Fender.
   If that was 'gifted' to me, i'd sleep with it the first night. :)

I hope someday my engine compartment looks that Clean and Orderly.

Originality aside, someone has put some elbow-grease into the resto.
And, they had better purchase "Stated-Value" insurance for it.

Please clue me in about the Coil-under-dash mounting for the coil !

I noticed the last time I was snooping around under the hood of my '46 that the coil is mounted under-dash. Is that a stock mounting point ?

When I completed the resto of my first '46 back in 1985, it looked as clean as this yellow willys, but I added power-steering for convenience and drive-ability, and when my son was delivered (1989), I sold it for $3k and had rebuilt everything.
   After our second summer through the Rubicon (loon lake to rubicon springs, and back to loon lake) my wife and I drove to South Lake Tahoe (in the blue willys) and got Married ! (August 30,1985).

Back then I was young and full of energy, and the $3k didn't cover the birthing costs, and had to take out a loan at the bank to pay the Hospital.
That really Sucked. pardon the pun.   I have missed that Willys ever since, but my Son is worth so so much more.

RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec. 2018 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by lowenuf lowenuf wrote:

Originally posted by Ol' Unreliable Ol' Unreliable wrote:

I'm looking for the seams on the tub sides below the seats.  Can't see them.  Driver's side step looks like it's not completely connected.  I wouldn't use the word "restored" for this Jeep.  I'd call it repaired, and nicely too, but not "restored".

Those are all traits of an aftermarket tub...

The posting states the SN and body#'s match.. The tags mebbe..Confused
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec. 2018 at 6:51pm
IInteresting,I wonder how my "48" ended up with smooth pedals. I know they have been with it since at the very least 1972 (first time I drove it). It's possible they were there  as early as 62 when dad got CHUG.
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec. 2018 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by Greaser007 Greaser007 wrote:

Please clue me in about the Coil-under-dash mounting for the coil !

Originally these things had a coil/ignition switch combination commonly referred to here as the “keyed coil.” Pretty hard to find original piec these days.

Check out this thread in the parts project for pics and info.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec. 2018 at 2:04am
Originally posted by Greaser007 Greaser007 wrote:

If that was 'gifted' to me, i'd sleep with it the first night.

Well, if it were gifted to me, I'd certainly keep it, but I'd let it be known that it's not "restored" by my definition.  Plus, I'd paint it Normandy Blue and drive the wheels off it!  Smile
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12