Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Auction Listings / Classified Ads/ Jeeps for Sale Sightings!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1949 Willys CJ3A for Sale S.E. Iowa

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEJCJ2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1949 Willys CJ3A for Sale S.E. Iowa
    Posted: 27 Oct. 2021 at 1:26pm

1949 Willys Jeep

Mileage unknown

Have owned since 2009 and has only seen limited, light use around our land pulling a chipper/shredder, hauling chain saws, etc. over level ground. We have started working on more rugged parts of our land and I cannot bring myself to risk damage to this Willys and, as attached as I am, just don’t have room to keep it along with a UTV.

I was fortunate to purchase a rebuilt 48 motor from Louis Larson of Minneapolis. In 2010 the jeep received the rebuilt engine, rebuilt carb, new clutch, key start replacing foot starter, and correct wheels and tires replacing the wide tires on white spoke wheels.

Recent work includes replacing grease zerks on suspension, a new (never used) Warn 8000 winch, rebuilt starter, radiator re-core, new gas tank, fuel filter, fuel pump, fresh oil change, tune up.

Has a 12 volt system. Has been garage kept and well cared for as long as I have owned.

Sale includes a box of parts from the engine swap including the original foot starter. Also have a new fuel line in the box and a correct spare rim and tire.

Asking price WAS $11,500 or first reasonable cash offer. NOW revised to $10,000

Serious inquiries only please. Located in S.E. Iowa

See pictures at (11) Marketplace - 1949 Jeep Wrangler | Facebook

Note that Marketplace makes you list mileage, make and model but doesn't have selections for unknown mileage, Willys or CJ3A

JohnJanosik1954@GMail.Com

Edited by JEJCJ2A - 01 Nov. 2021 at 11:41am
JEJCJ2A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEJCJ2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct. 2021 at 2:53pm
By the way....I set the price based on some internet searches, my $ invested, time invested and my assessment of the condition of this 1949. I would appreciate any constructive comments as to a reasonable asking price for this Willys. 
bight View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct. 2021 at 6:43pm
in light of what it would take to get a CJ-2A or 3A to the apparent condition of yours (without close inspection) i would say you have a very attractive price. especially considering what i have seen available lately. if you were anywhere near me i probably would have snapped it up already. the experts here would at least agree, i think, that a running, titled, ready to go 2A or 3A is well worth your asking price.

you may want to consider putting it up in the for sale section of this forum following the rules established for price/description, etc. this seems to be a nice vehicle that one of the devoted forum members would be best suited to take ownership of. it would suck for it to get into "the wrong hands".

IMO, FB is not the place to advertise something of this nature. i am not a FB user, nor will i become, nor can i really see the pics well. this forum would allow you to post the pics (there are discussions here on how to) that may better represent your Jeep.

Edited by bight - 28 Oct. 2021 at 7:39pm
CJ-2A 72586 tan (stock)
CJ-2A 197624 green (resto-mod)
the wife abides (def: to bear patiently; TOLERATE)
3A Steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3A Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct. 2021 at 8:45pm
Couple of thoughts, you are listing it as a 3A. It has a 2A windshield and a top mount radiator (more 2A). I once purchased a "3A" that had a top mount radiator so I'm not sure about that. Also, has a new tailgate without the "Willys" and the passenger side rear quarter panel doesn't seem to have the spare mount (new metal?). Looks very good otherwise and the winch is nice. Try pricing at 9,500 and put it for sale here and/or on eBay. Good luck.
JEJCJ2A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEJCJ2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov. 2021 at 10:50am
Thanks for the information. Although I have enjoyed owning this Willys, I confess that I have not been active in the "hobby". My knowledge of Willys differences is very limited and I have a good garage (The Scout Connection) that appreciates older vehicles and has performed the major servces. The titles says 1949 so I assumed CJ3A although I know that it has a 2A windshield. Also, I was not aware that there should be a spare tire mount on the body and "Willys" on the tail gate so I wonder if it might have had an aftermarket body kit installed at some point. I will ajust the price and certianly hope that a real enthusiast purchases this Willys.

Edited by JEJCJ2A - 01 Nov. 2021 at 11:17am
Stropp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stropp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2022 at 4:00pm
Email sent
Scratch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scratch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2022 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by Stropp Stropp wrote:

Email sent
I'm pretty sure this one was sold at an auction.

Originally posted by JEJCJ2A JEJCJ2A wrote:

Have had some positive comments about this Willys; however, no in person viewings or actual offers other than inquiries about trades. Unfortunately, I am in need of $ and space so trades don't help with either priority. Will be trailering to an auction company on 11/16 if no positive action before then. Thanks for letting me use this forum to advertise.

Edited by Scratch - 27 Jan. 2022 at 4:53pm
43 GPW 93487 Blk
44 GPW 230283 OD
46 CJ2A 50100 Tan
46 CJ2A 77632 Wht
47 CJ2A 141681 Grn
48 CJ2A 156240 Red/Yel
48 CJ2A "Lefty" 181341 Red
61 CJ5 123120 Tan
03 TJ Inca Gld
Stropp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stropp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2022 at 5:13pm
Well. If it isn’t sold….512.970.5321
Stropp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stropp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2022 at 5:14pm
I am interested 512.970.5321
Stropp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stropp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2022 at 5:32pm
Ah yes.  November… thank you.  I am in the market.  That was a clean Jeep.   Was going to buy a mule or honda pioneer but a Jeep makes much more sense. 
 Post Reply Post Reply