Forum Home Forum Home > Other Vehicles Area > Other Vehicles - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1953 CJ-3A project pics.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared1956 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1953 CJ-3A project pics.
    Posted: 09 May 2007 at 3:36am

I know its not a 2A but I thought some of you may want to see my pile of parts anyway.

Roberto Flores View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Flores Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2007 at 3:54am
Great pictures, Jared!!!! I love the Chevy by the way!!!!!!

Roberto Flores
Made to order cartoons, comics...!
http://www.robertoflores.com
http://www.cafepress.com/robertoflorescartoonist
http://www.cafepress.com/theoutliner
http://www.zazzle.com/flores67

Jared1956 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared1956 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2007 at 4:07am
Thanks Roberto!!  I've had the wagon for the last 15 years......I'm still not ready to start a full blown rebuild on it. It is sitting in the garage taking up space for now. One of these days I'll quit messing with Jeeps long enough to finish it...........maybe!!!!

It has a certain sentimental (sp?) value to it.....or I would sell it and buy an MB!!!  But it was a project that my late father and I worked on together and he really loved the car and TRI-FIVE Chevys in general as you can see by his tombstone in the pics.

I grew up with Jeeps, learned to drive in one, got married and went on my honeymoon in one, driven my 98 daily for the last 8 years.....etc. etc., but I also have a ton of time in hot rodding and 1955-1972 Chevrolets.........Novas, Chevelles, Monte Carlos, Camaros, etc...I guess I just need to make more money so I can have it all!!!!
Oakes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2007 at 9:48am
1952 was the last year for the 3A. If you want an excellent windshield frame w/ window glass I have one for sale, Bill
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES, THEY ARE NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY STILL BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN YOU PUSH THEM DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS
CJ3A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ3A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2007 at 10:07am
Actually, 1953 was the last year for the 3A!  10,617 produced.

Edited by CJ3A - 09 May 2007 at 10:08am
Semper Fi!

Wolf Fabrication - Off Road Welding and Fabrication

Jeep Rescue - Vintage Willys and Jeep Restorations
Oakes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2007 at 10:09am
I just looked it up and stand corrected.Embarrassed
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES, THEY ARE NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY STILL BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN YOU PUSH THEM DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS
CJ3A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ3A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2007 at 11:14am
Although I think you are sorta correct, as I believe 1952 was the last year they were made, they just sold the left over 3As in 1953 concurrently with the new 3B.

Must have been a sad year for the 3A - To be sitting on the showroom floor or out in the back lot while your "new and improved" brother gets all the attention.Cry
Semper Fi!

Wolf Fabrication - Off Road Welding and Fabrication

Jeep Rescue - Vintage Willys and Jeep Restorations
 Post Reply Post Reply