Forum Home Forum Home > Bantam Trailer - Discussion - For Sale - Wanted > Bantam Trailer - Your project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1965 Parkhurst M416A1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrhamilton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1965 Parkhurst M416A1
    Posted: 14 Mar. 2010 at 12:41am

To start off ... yes it's not a Bantam but hopefully some day I will own one. I'm currently rebuilding a 1953 CJ-3A (Link: http://www.cj-3a.com/1953_owners_photos.htm scroll down to Hamilton) and if I can find a Bantam / TC3 I will restore it to orginal to tow behind the 3A. This website has been a huge inspiration for me (and a special thanks to Gale for his work and input he puts to the site). But until then enjoy this ...

I bought this M416A1 (M416 with surge brakes) last year from a local seller on Craigslist. For $500 bucks it was a no brainer. He had a new brake cylinder, 3rd military tire, new OD green cover, and a ring receiver he threw in with the deal. I tore it down to the frame over the fall and POR-15'd the frame and underside of the body. I managed to fine a set of 5ea JK 17in rims with tires to match the jeep for another $200 (got to love Craigslist). I added new shackles, data plate, flipped the axle, swapped the brake plates to the opposite sides, and added spacer/adapters to accommodate the JK rims. To keep a little bit of its originality I used silver paint and added the Army unit data numbers to the front wall. It's all done for now except the hand brake and surge brakes. This will leave me another project to do over the next winter.   :wink:

With the JK:

Before:

After:

Some father and son time:

tappel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tappel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar. 2010 at 2:31am
Nice job on the trailer!

I'd say you got a good deal also, It looks like it was in pretty good shape.
ndrtkr View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndrtkr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar. 2010 at 2:35am
Originally posted by tappel tappel wrote:

Nice job on the trailer!

I'd say VERY NICE!, and looks great behind the jeep!Thumbs Up
mjohnson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjohnson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr. 2010 at 5:45pm
That fits behind your jeep very well.  I liked the story behind your 3A too, wonderful to see one that has been in the family since new.
M Johnson

47 CJ2A #140984
48 CJ2A #183562
48 T3-C #6328

Post Reply Post Reply