Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1st Annual Mason - Dixon Willys Jeep Gathering

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hillbilly21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct. 2007 at 9:49am
  Wish I could join you guys this weekend...working a shut-down at  UNC...co-generation plant..  I was going to sneak up that way but the rain we got these last three days has forced me to work Saturday and Sunday..

Have a blast  enjoy  !!!!!!!!!   Post Pictures.......
1946 CJ2a POW-MIA
51 M38 ORIGINAL
PRES NCFFC
www.eastcoastwillys.org
hillbillystoys.phanfare.co
Mike Gardner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct. 2007 at 2:31pm
hillbilly, i figured you would be there. sucks you gotta work.  i will be willys-less. i will be driving my jk but the 2a is in a bunch of parts.
1945 CJ-2A 11713
1995 YJ 4.0
RichardD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct. 2007 at 3:57pm

How dare they make you work when there is a Willys Gathering within your range.  What are they thinkin'?!? You will be missed. Will do on the pics.

No Willys here either, as neither one runs..... yet. Traveling by TJ. Guess we gotta drool over sams. LOL No worries sam, I'll bring a towel!

Be well,
Richard

Edited by RichardD - 27 Oct. 2007 at 3:58pm
chasm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chasm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct. 2007 at 4:54pm
Okay guys & gals, there is nothing but sunshine right now at the Mason-Dixon Line! More of the same on tap for Sunday! I hope all of the folks that didn't pre-register cuz they were waiting for the weather forecast will just show up.

Mike G. Why don't you just bring that 2A hood with the Iron Cross on it so you can get into the line-up???Wink

I'm getting some last minute stuff together for registration and then I'm gonna take the rest of Saturday easy!

There will be about 25 event T-shirts available at the show. If you want one, I suggest you get there early. I got a few mediums and larges, as well as some XXL's (one has Richard's name on it) with most of them being XL. Shirts will be $15 each regardless of size. I'm not gonna punish the big boys, even though their shirts cost more!LOL
samcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct. 2007 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by RichardD RichardD wrote:

Guess we gotta drool over sams. LOL No worries sam, I'll bring a towel!

Richard, you're going to have to really like bright red paint for that.  Maybe you should bring a few drums of paint remover! LOL
Sam

1946 CJ2A   15292 ACM    6678

1947 CJ2A 122031 ACM 111989

Are Glass Bowl Fuel Pumps OE?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct. 2007 at 5:45pm
well i had to leave sadly at 11:30am but i took some pics and a few vids. check them out in my photo album. i was great to put some faces w/ names. wish i could have had more time to hang out and see your jeeps guys.
thanks

Edited by Mike Gardner - 28 Oct. 2007 at 6:59pm
1945 CJ-2A 11713
1995 YJ 4.0
hillbilly21 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hillbilly21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct. 2007 at 7:09pm
  DAMN-IT....... Looks like perfect weather for a JEEP GATHERING..........

Leaving early ?????????  at a Jeep function ????????  what gives ??????   Wink

Well as long as everyone was enjoying themselves..

1946 CJ2a POW-MIA
51 M38 ORIGINAL
PRES NCFFC
www.eastcoastwillys.org

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct. 2007 at 7:37pm
well, last night my friend kevin had a engagement party in berkley springs west va. my girldfriend drank a bottle of rumble mintz w/ kevin's wife to be. sarah,  (my girlfriend) doesn't drink alot and doesn't have much of a tollarence. needless to say she was feeling a bit under the weather today. she was sleeping like a baby in the back of the jk. i also drove a friend of mine that wasn't much into the jeep thing and was bi+ching the entire time about getting home to let is dogs outAngryAngryAngryAngry. i decided to leave so i wouldn't have to listen to him anymore. it was the first willys gathering i've ever been to so it was cool just to meet a few guys in person. next year i'll be there w/ the 45 and the jk. i had a great time while i was there. i'm glad i got to be there for as long as i was. next year you'll be here.....right. you better rent a semi to haul all those jeeps hillbillyLOL .

Edited by Mike Gardner - 28 Oct. 2007 at 7:42pm
1945 CJ-2A 11713
1995 YJ 4.0
hillbilly21 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hillbilly21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct. 2007 at 8:17pm
   I would have kicked your buddys A$$ then made him walk home...
( Principle of the matter )..As far as your g-friend goes ..well you know women Big%20smile

I will be there next year ..starting to line up next years Jeep functions while I am at work baby sitting a ........I will leave that alone..

Come get that top leave your buddy home , bring your girlfriend I promise I wont give her any thing that has rumble mintz in it..Let me know..

Cant wait to here some more reports on the gathering........
1946 CJ2a POW-MIA
51 M38 ORIGINAL
PRES NCFFC
www.eastcoastwillys.org
(Name Blocked) View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (Name Blocked) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct. 2007 at 9:45pm
Great show and enjoyed meeting people everyone it was fun. I enjoyed looking at everyones Jeeps. Great show and fun time. Food was good too.
samcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct. 2007 at 9:52pm
I, too, enjoyed meeting everyone.  Say, "(due to possible litigation this name has been blocked)", I forgot to wish you a belated 75th! LOL
Sam

(Name Blocked) View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (Name Blocked) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct. 2007 at 11:48pm
Thank you and I do not feel my age at all.
Alex D. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex D. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct. 2007 at 12:18am
Great show and it was nice meeting the people behind the post that I so much enjoy reading.

(due to possible litigation this name has been blocked), you don't look your age either. I thought Sam was referring to the 75th jeep you finished.
A JEEP IS A SMALL SCOUT CAR...RATHER LOOSEFITTING...
Keith.Tracy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith.Tracy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct. 2007 at 4:35am
It was nice to meet some faces today and see the Jeeps in person. Maybe someday mine will be on the road and be able to make an appearance...

Edited:

Babbled on and didn't realize I was stealing the thread, sorry.

Edited by Keith.Tracy - 29 Oct. 2007 at 10:12pm
chasm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chasm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct. 2007 at 2:34pm
Thanks to everyone who supported the 1st Annual Mason-Dixon Willys Jeep Gathering! Clap

Based on the feedback I have received, I will be making arrangements for a 2nd Annual Mason-Dixon Willys Jeep Gathering.Smile

I'll work on getting some pics posted up at www.jeepchasm.com, and I will post an announcement when I secure a date for next year!

Regards,
Mike "chasm"
samcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct. 2007 at 2:38pm
Thank you for having it, Mike.
Sam

chasm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chasm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct. 2007 at 8:09pm
Here are some pics of the awesome Willys vehicles that attended the 1st Annual Mason-Dixon Willys Jeep Gathering at Union Mills, MD! Grin

Owners & spectators checking out the CJ2A's & 3A's.

A rainbow of Willys pick-ups and Station Wagons!

WW2, Korea, and Viet Nam era military Jeeps.

Best of Class Winners! (Alex Dunkle '46 CJ2A, Tom Firestone '50 Willys Pick-up, Dave Schleicher '43 MB)
Thanks again to all the participants, volunteers, and spectators!
Mike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct. 2007 at 9:38pm
so alex, congratts!!! mike h, (chasm) told me you got a freaken sweet trophy.  i'll be keeping a eye out in jrations and low-range magazines for the show and your jeep!

Edited by Mike Gardner - 30 Oct. 2007 at 9:39pm
1945 CJ-2A 11713
1995 YJ 4.0
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>