Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Wanted to Buy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2 bbl carb for V6

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watersteps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2 bbl carb for V6
    Posted: 02 Nov. 2022 at 6:56pm
Hello again, as I tear into this Jeep project I find more items that I need. The carb is too coroded to remove the sets and some screws. I would like to find a stock used carb if any one has any.
watersteps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watersteps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov. 2022 at 5:12pm
OK bad spelling from not reading what I posted, tear was supposed to be tare and sets was supposed to be the jets. 
drm101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drm101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov. 2022 at 8:04pm
What V6 do you have?, or better yet, what carburetor? I have a couple old Rochester carbs, but I'm pretty sure they won't work on a 225 Dauntless. 
Dean
'47 CJ2A "Ron"
'66 CJ5 "Buckie"
The less the Power the More the Force

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watersteps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov. 2022 at 8:13pm
My engine is out of a buick 1975 thru 1979, it has 2bb on the top. I want a good running carb if I can find one.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watersteps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov. 2022 at 8:18pm
Hello All, who ever PM'd me with a email address for a person that has a carb for my V6, please email me the the address you gave me will not work. watersteps@gmail.com
bight View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov. 2022 at 8:25pm
warning, someone PM'ing you with someone else that has a part is usually a scam. 
CJ-2A 72586 tan (stock)
CJ-2A 197624 green (resto-mod)
the wife abides (def: to bear patiently; TOLERATE)
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov. 2022 at 10:56pm
You might find a "remanufactured" one at the link below. .  they seem to have a good selection.  
Prices seem high to me,  but I am cheapskate.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watersteps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov. 2022 at 7:12am
Thanks for the scam notice, I was a little leary when I checked the member that told me about a friend that had a carb, the member was not a member!
I checked the reman carbs and yes they are very high in price, thanks anyway.
Someone has to have one laying around somewhere, still looking. 
drm101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drm101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov. 2022 at 11:00am
 I have a Rochester 2 Jet. I'd be happy to send it to you for the cost of shipping. I don't recall where this came from, but it's likely from the 1979 Monte Carlo I parted out back in the 90's. 

Edited by drm101 - 06 Nov. 2022 at 11:02am
Dean
'47 CJ2A "Ron"
'66 CJ5 "Buckie"
The less the Power the More the Force

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watersteps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov. 2022 at 11:30am
Thanks much, lets wait a couple days to see if the actual carb is out there. If not I will message you, thanks again.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watersteps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov. 2022 at 11:59am
Here are some pics of the card  letters on the back of the carb are EGF, 

OK I don't know where to post the pics.
bight View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov. 2022 at 4:33pm
lots of photo help here:

and you can place your photos right here in this thread. 

Edited by bight - 06 Nov. 2022 at 4:34pm
CJ-2A 72586 tan (stock)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watersteps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov. 2022 at 6:21pm
Thanks but no where does it tell me where to copy and paste  or click on a location in my pictures. Thanks anyway Is there a paperclip to click on?

cpt logger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpt logger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov. 2022 at 6:31pm
You can also edit your own posts. Just click on the "post options" icon on the original post, then click on "edit". I need to use this feature frequently.

I am an engine guy & I tear down engines, I do not tare down engines. Tare has to do with weighing items. For example if I am weighing some chemicals in a beaker, I first weigh the empty beaker & then subtract it's weight from the total weight of both the beaker & the chemical. The beaker's weight is the "tare" weight.

IHTH, Cpt Logger.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watersteps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov. 2022 at 6:49pm
OK so I was right with tear down. I will try the edit thing.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watersteps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov. 2022 at 7:38pm
I guess I will have to put this carb thing on hold for now, I think this Jeep was a flood vehicle. So now I have to tear it down. I will report my findings later.  
Rich M. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov. 2022 at 10:14pm
It is likely a large bore 2gc. Should be a string of numbers in the casting. Mike's carburetor parts has the list to get the correct rebuild kit. They are pretty simple to rebuild. 
bight View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov. 2022 at 10:58am
more specific photo help with pictures here:

CJ-2A 72586 tan (stock)
 Post Reply Post Reply