Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2017 Cheap Jeeps Meet and Ride - Event Date: 29 Sep. 2017 - 01 Oct. 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct. 2017 at 3:03am
This is a Night at the cabin on the Cammack Farm!
Black Sheep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct. 2017 at 3:06am
Hey Roc n Roll Can I get a ROLLL TIDE!!! LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct. 2017 at 3:13am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct. 2017 at 3:14am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct. 2017 at 3:16am
A little help from the pro's on a brake adjustment! lol Thanks for the help Bob and John

Edited by jpet - 02 Oct. 2017 at 11:41am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct. 2017 at 3:22am
If you guys have some more pics of others not shown please post them. It's a little tough to drive and take all the pictures.

By the way I recon Matt has been instructed to get his jeep on the road by the wife(Lindsey)
And if any of you guys have parts to put back on my jeep it would be appriciated! lol
If you where here you know what I'm talking about.
tumbleweed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tumbleweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct. 2017 at 1:53pm
Wow what great scenery and looks like this has to be on my list to attend next year. My son lives in Louisville so a good reason to head out your way.
I love water crossings!

49 CJ3A - Smokey
53 Willys Wagon - Wylie
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct. 2017 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by Black Sheep Black Sheep wrote:

Hey Roc n Roll Can I get a ROLLL TIDE!!! LOL

Well you sure can.......hold on let me go get Phyl, I'll be back in a minute.......LOL

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
GJCJs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GJCJs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct. 2017 at 1:37am
The "Thank You's" first: Lonnie and Marilyn, thank you for being YOU. 

Troy, Julie, Matt, Lindsey, Michael and the "Cammack Crue"-WOW, ya'll were awesome. I appreciate everything you all did to make this great weekend happen. The first time I met "Hollywood" he was lying under my Jeep helping replace the pinion seal. A greasy handshake was where we started. (Appricate it Michael!)

As to the "Wit Marsh" story- I blame it all on my navigator. Those that were there noticed I had a different navigator the remainder of the weekend and didn't get stuck once! (Thanks Harry!) I'm sure Steve will be on here later with a different version of the event.
Al- THANK YOU for the tow, and as we say in KY- "I'll pay you when I sell my cows". 

We had such a great time and met so many wonderful people as well as cementing old relationships. We'll be back next year and both Kevin and Steve have stated their Jeeps will be on the tour! We have about 360 days to get them rolling!

Sdhharmon575 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sdhharmon575 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct. 2017 at 3:17am
I’m not gonna lie. I did point out that there was an old road bed there. However I didn’t drive us off in it & hang us up.However I was called upon to drive it out as Al’s towing & deep water recovery was called in for extraction.Thank you Al.The whole weekend was great. Thanks for putting up with us for another year Troy & Matt.Also big shout out to Hollywood for helping to replace seal Thursday night after our failed river crossing.Hope to see all y’all next year for more fun & mis-adventures.Wink
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct. 2017 at 3:48am
It sounds like it was a fun trip and I have more stories about vehicle recoveries than you want to read. Oh well, it's all part of the adventure and that's why you have a Jeep and a winch. Yeah we spent hours getting two vehicles through a bog and I looked upstream and spotted the bridge...
uncamonkey
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct. 2017 at 5:57pm
Would like to publicly thank Lonnie & Marilyn and Troy & Company for all the hard work it took to make a great weekend for everyone.

We felt really bad when we pulled into the gate Fri and everybody there turned to look....we never dreamed we were holding anything up because we were just planning on waiting and enjoying the farm while yall were out riding.

We never dreamed a Jeep was going to be waiting on us to enjoy either. We were coming to see everyone and pick up the parts that we meeting us there.

We hoped we were going to find an empty back seat in someone's Jeep and would have been perfectly content with that.

THANK YOU so much for making that such an enjoyable weekend adventure !! Clap

edit... Picture not captioned, but that's us in the red Jeep with the OD jpet top posted above...1 out of Lonnie's great herd! ( a very sweet running/driving little jeep I might add) Smile

Edited by rocnroll - 04 Oct. 2017 at 6:08pm
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct. 2017 at 10:03pm
Mr. & Mrs. Rocnroll

This waiting for you guys was a group decision by everyone present. We were finishing up lunch at base and noticed you guys where 15min out. So don't feel to special! lol

This ride is a" All who comes ride". We don't want to leave anyone out if possible. That's the Cammack Farm decision. You have people who have driven a long way to be a part of this. Some are here ready to ride and some are on the way doing their best to get here. Weigh it out and we all can wait a few more minutes to make everybody happy. That was the easy part.
  We have rested and reflected and come to the decision! It turned out Perfect. We had unexpected help on jeeps,repairs and also the food prep for Sat night.

YOU GUYS MADE HAVING THE RIDE PERFECT IN WAYS YOU CAN'T IMAGINE.

THANK YOU!
Bob3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct. 2017 at 4:50pm
I'd like to thank everyone involved too. What a great time Mindy and I had. Sorry I have not posted photos yet, we had to take off to Canada to see Derek Redmond and pick up some jeep parts along the way. I will try tonight to post photos. I spend the morning washing Gertrude ( my 3b) and still have more under hood cleaning to do.
1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
Bob3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct. 2017 at 7:33pm
Here are some photos from he event. It is hard to drive and take photos at the same time for sure. This is why there are no action photos of my 3b!

For those that might want to look at all of the photos in full resolution, here is a link to the google drive folder where I put them.
Google Drive link

1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct. 2017 at 7:36pm
Those are some gr8 shots Bob.  Thx 4 posting  
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
GJCJs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GJCJs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct. 2017 at 10:55pm
Gee Bob, you ever think about becoming a photographer?? You might have a future in it!

Great stuff sir, thanks for posting.

Greg
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct. 2017 at 11:54pm
Very nice photos nice to see some dust on Bobs Jeep as well

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>