Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2019 Cheap Jeeps Meet and Ride- Kentucky - Event Date: 26 Sep. 2019 - 29 Sep. 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2019 at 4:51am
Originally posted by GJCJs GJCJs wrote:

From the pic I saw in another post, Roc should be able to Roll too!

No, I'm not planning on bringing it.....though it may at least have been cranked by then.

July and Aug are pretty busy.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
Black Sheep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2019 at 9:40pm

Still making progress! Still having problems with riff raff in my pics! Sorry

We are putting the time in but may need some motivational help before the ride. Hoping to pull this off.
lowenuf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowenuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2019 at 11:07pm
Just remember, it was supposed to be a tractor, not a Cadillac   LOL
45 #10012
45 #10033 ACM #47
45 #10163 ACM #188
57 CJ5    Dauntless V6, T-18 4-speed, D-44 rear/D-30 front, D-20 twin stick

rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2019 at 12:06am
I like the high visibility aspects of your work space.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2019 at 7:03pm
Even with our efforts I don't see a caddy finish possible. It should run like one just maybe not look like one. LOL
GJCJs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GJCJs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2019 at 11:41pm
Looking good Hollywood! Decided on a color yet or is that a surprise? 
Greg
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug. 2019 at 3:02am
The dents and patches all add to the character--as if a flatfender Jeep needed any more character.  Big smile
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Hollywood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug. 2019 at 3:10am
Thinking about a bright blue metallic. Got my trany back today. Need to finish buttoning up the engine and will be ready to slide that bad boy in and go for a test run. Yee Haw !!
Hollywood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug. 2019 at 11:06am
Ok guys I have a question, what is the little stud thing that goes in between the timing gears that puts oil on the gears. Have seemed to have misplaced mine and had to borrow one off of Matt’s engine. I need to get him another one but can’t seem to find one in the mags or online. Thanks !!
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug. 2019 at 2:50pm
Oil squirter?

Make sure the hole in yours is .040.......some are .070.

I've got one I can send you if you need to replace the one you borrowed.

Edited by rocnroll - 01 Aug. 2019 at 3:06pm
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

Hollywood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug. 2019 at 6:41pm
Ok Roc that sounds good I need to replace Matt’s. No hurry Matt says he isn’t going to rebuild that motor right now. If you want bring it when you come up for the ride. And thanks for the info.
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug. 2019 at 7:39pm
Ok I'll try to remember to bring it......reminders are welcomed.

They determined it to be an oiling issue with the .070 ones so make sure you check and braze/redrill if it turns out to be one of those.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug. 2019 at 6:49pm
OK people its time for role call. It would help me to know who is coming to the jeep ride. Who is camping, who is throwing up a tent, who is going to need anything special..... and so forth.
We have plenty of room for parking and/or trailer spaces. We will be meeting once again at the Machine Shop for our common area. If you need electric for a camp area its possible. We have an RV hook up but at this point reservations "DIBBS" has been called for it. Matter of fact it's going to look like a trailer park full of riff raff around it! So if you have not notified me for a camping area please do so before the weekend of the ride. I will then find you an area away from the riffraff.LOL                                                                         The local Hotel has a few more rooms reserved for this event and available.

I will be posting some event schedules later along with what ever gossip I here about who is and who ain't and you know who!

Oh!! Looks like Cheap Jeep is fired up again about the ride! So plan on seeing Marilyn and Lonnie all weekend!

I will be posting directions once again for those who are new to the trip.DO NOT FALLOW GPS! you will have a terrific scenic ride if you do but it will add quite a bit more to your travels.

Feel free to ask me any questions if you have them.
Hollywood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug. 2019 at 9:04am
How do I get there ? 🤠
Hollywood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug. 2019 at 9:19am
Ok guys question, is there a major difference between an military and agg. Willy’s rear differential. I have found one locally that the guy says is still in the green crate that it comes in. But need to know what to look for if we it’s something we don’t need. I think it’s going to be pretty cheap and if the parts are interchangeable we’ll have some parts laying around in case of a break down. 
67charger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug. 2019 at 11:50am
Depends what military jeep the rear end came from.  An M38 rear is semi floating with what I believe to be a 5.38 gear, so it should be compatible with a cj2a front.  If its a full floating rear from a GPW or MB, it should be a 4.88 gear and is not compatible with the stock 5.38 gear front on a cj2a.  The full floating rear end has a hub on it like the front differential.  You take the axle bolts off and slide the axle out to get to the hub nut and bearing.  The hub is not pressed on like a dana 41.

Also, is your avatar picture the ferry crossing on the Green River by Mammoth Cave?
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug. 2019 at 1:39pm
In my last build years ago (over 20) I bought a surplus rearend in the crate from Turner over in Georgia. They used to have them on the back page of their 4wd catalog.

They were selling the 5.38 equipped 44s very reasonable.

Like all the government stuff it was complete down to the lug nuts.

If it's one of those (or similar) snatch it up.

Edit......mine had Barstow, CA stenciled on the crate.

Edited by rocnroll - 08 Aug. 2019 at 1:47pm
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

ricco View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug. 2019 at 1:51pm
Turner 4WD!  Half of Lumpy is from them!  May the store RIP. They were good guys.
She can dance a cajun rhythm....jump like a Willy's in four wheel drive...("Sugar Magnolia")

'48 CJ2A #204845 "Lumpy"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>