Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2019 Cheap Jeeps Meet and Ride- Kentucky - Event Date: 26 Sep. 2019 - 29 Sep. 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowenuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug. 2019 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by Black Sheep Black Sheep wrote:

OK people its time for role call. It would help me to know who is coming to the jeep ride. Who is camping, who is throwing up a tent, who is going to need anything special..... and so forth.
We have plenty of room for parking and/or trailer spaces. We will be meeting once again at the Machine Shop for our common area. If you need electric for a camp area its possible. We have an RV hook up but at this point reservations "DIBBS" has been called for it. Matter of fact it's going to look like a trailer park full of riff raff around it! So if you have not notified me for a camping area please do so before the weekend of the ride. I will then find you an area away from the riffraff.LOL                                                                         The local Hotel has a few more rooms reserved for this event and available.

I will be posting some event schedules later along with what ever gossip I here about who is and who ain't and you know who!

Oh!! Looks like Cheap Jeep is fired up again about the ride! So plan on seeing Marilyn and Lonnie all weekend!

I will be posting directions once again for those who are new to the trip.DO NOT FALLOW GPS! you will have a terrific scenic ride if you do but it will add quite a bit more to your travels.

Feel free to ask me any questions if you have them.

The Waddles and I will be there, same setup as last year, only we will move out back near the shop this year....... Lonnie called me acouple of days ago, and I confirmed with him also......  Thanks!

45 #10012
45 #10033 ACM #47
45 #10163 ACM #188
57 CJ5    Dauntless V6, T-18 4-speed, D-44 rear/D-30 front, D-20 twin stick

Jolly Rodger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolly Rodger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug. 2019 at 3:32pm
Good morning Black Sheep,
Wade, Andie and I plan to attend this year. Refresh my memory on the hotel that you have set up rooms with. Looking forward to seeing Lonnie and Marilyn and everyone else.....
Thanks
John
Rus Curtis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rus Curtis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug. 2019 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by rocnroll rocnroll wrote:

...I bought a surplus rearend in the crate from Turner over in Georgia. They used to have them on the back page of their 4wd catalog....

Originally posted by ricco ricco wrote:

Turner 4WD!  Half of Lumpy is from them!  May the store RIP. They were good guys.

I know, a tangent off-topic but had to chime in also.  They were my first into the support system we rely on for parts - even before I knew about Leon Rosser in Bessemer - and also have a few parts from them as well!  I still have their catalog which was my only parts documentation for years.

Great people.
Rus Curtis
Alabama
1954 CJ3B
Bantam T3-C
Black Sheep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug. 2019 at 3:57pm
Well!!! Steve is feeling good about his jeep.
Hollywood you and I have been called out!
Steve said $10 in a pot for the 3 new rush put together jeeps that are in pieces at the moment. Whoever makes it the longest gets the pot!
I feel its your duty to answer the call or publicly decline! LOL
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug. 2019 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by Jolly Rodger Jolly Rodger wrote:

Good morning Black Sheep,
Wade, Andie and I plan to attend this year. Refresh my memory on the hotel that you have set up rooms with.

John, it's the Tomkinsville Inn, Tomkinsville,KY.... Marilyn has rooms blocked (I don't know how many)

I just made reservations myself for 26-28.....it sounded like hers are only blocked for 27-28 but I don't know that for sure. The guy just made my reservation for the extra night in one of the blocked out rooms.

But be sure and mention her name.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug. 2019 at 4:49pm
We will be placing a container out at the shop and will be open to voting on the most likely to succeed. We will tally the votes and announce the prediction of the 6week jeep build after the 2 day ride on Saturday night at the meal gathering. This should be enjoyable to see who thought which jeep would make it after the fact!

Keep in mind, all 3 of us have public jobs and are limited to the amount of time we can spend on the finish product. I feel we should attempt to post progress reports for the benefit of the attendees.

Steve , Hollywood I'll have to tell ya it ain't looking good for ya'll cause I have a Cheap Jeep (Lonnie)in my back pocket!
Sdhharmon575 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sdhharmon575 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug. 2019 at 5:04pm
I see when money & bragging rights is put out on the table doesn’t take u long to circumvent the rules to your favor That’s ok if u can live with that I can live with it But remember I have a brother in law with a extra Jeep Just throwing that out there But I’m gonna put my big boy pants on & it’s Patches & I going all the way Come on Troy man up 😂

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sdhharmon575 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug. 2019 at 6:10pm
Here is a pic of Patches Long way to go to be ready for Cheap Jeeps ride

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug. 2019 at 6:17pm
I'm just using Cheap Jeeps inventory of parts and his knowledge. The jeep in the equation will be mine.

I see Hollywood is still on the fence!?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sdhharmon575 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug. 2019 at 6:18pm
Sorry Still trying to figure out how to post pics Maybe I will get it figured out soon Hollywood I expect you to except Troy & my challenge But also need you to keep an eye on Troy for me I can see him calling in reinforcements & blowing us out of the water
Can not wait to see what you have to say about the challenge I will wish you good luck But (haha)Won’t Wish Troy good luck (everybody knows I’m just kidding) 👍
GJCJs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GJCJs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug. 2019 at 6:59pm
Steve’s entry into the “Willysmakeit?” class for 2019! 
GJCJs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GJCJs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug. 2019 at 7:04pm
Steve’s again- it ran when parked!
Greg

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug. 2019 at 7:28pm
Ho! Wait just a minute!!!
Roc, do you want in on this action? You have a possible candidate also!

You can come early and get some help on some finals if needed. We have early arrivals coming in on Thursday.
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug. 2019 at 7:40pm
No, getting to old for a 'thrash'......and too many other 'irons' to commit. It's taking some doin' just to commit to coming (and planning on driving my Wrangler at that....maybe I can be a tailgunner or something so as not to mess up the vintage vibe)

Got to say after seeing yall's pics though, mine is more together (body and frame wise) than those projects appear.

Just pulled the engine back out of mine so I'm still on the sidelines.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
Hollywood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug. 2019 at 11:16pm
It’s the Cumberland River in Monroe county Ky
Hollywood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug. 2019 at 12:47am
Ok ladies I’m in 🤠  y’all don’t stand a chance. I’ll bring the rope so I can pull the ones in that don’t make it. If mine is still going. Ha Ha !!  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sdhharmon575 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug. 2019 at 3:11am
Glad your on board Hollywood You & Troy go ahead and take a ten dollar bill out of your pockets And pencil my name in on them Y’all can hand them to me Saturday evening after the ride lol 😂

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug. 2019 at 7:56pm

Hollywood has answered the call!

Jpet will have to fix the pic.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>