Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2019 Cheap Jeeps Meet and Ride- Kentucky - Event Date: 26 Sep. 2019 - 29 Sep. 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FiremanBrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep. 2019 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by Black Sheep Black Sheep wrote:

Brad you could also follow the directions I sent Roc. You would stay on I40 though Nashville to the Hartman Rd exit. Just sayin. The route I gave initially is the best trailering route and roughly 20min longer.

Will do.  Thanks!
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep. 2019 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by Sdhharmon575 Sdhharmon575 wrote:

......And Troy will treat you so many different ways you will have to like one of them    

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
lowenuf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowenuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep. 2019 at 9:23pm
I am trying to hurry to make it to the ride, I am just afraid that my turns signals aren't going to work....

🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

45 #10012
45 #10033 ACM #47
45 #10163 ACM #188
57 CJ5    Dauntless V6, T-18 4-speed, D-44 rear/D-30 front, D-20 twin stick

FiremanBrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FiremanBrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep. 2019 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by lowenuf lowenuf wrote:

I am trying to hurry to make it to the ride, I am just afraid that my turns signals aren't going to work....

🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

Good quality blinker fluid!  That should take the stress out.  Don't get the low grade crap!

al_minn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al_minn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2019 at 1:31am
Troy...are you sure your directions are right?  I seemed to have ended up in Columbia!  Did our first pre-ride today with Greg with another planned for tomorrow before the campers invade your place on Thursday.....
GJCJs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GJCJs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2019 at 2:25am
Yep, every time I looked back, there he was. Did my best to shake him, but to no avail! We will see how tomorrow goes. Going to seek out some water crossings!
Black Sheep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2019 at 4:16pm
Al
You forgot to turn on Hwy 90! At this point I don't think you can get here from there! Lol Good to see you guys are at Greg's getting some pre-ride in. We will see you and the Mrs. Thursday.

Lowe
Are you making fun of us? LOL That is literally 4 jeeps a month ago at our shops. It's been a struggle but we all 4 will be in the shop yard Friday Morn for the official vote and prediction of " Willy Make It?"
GJCJs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GJCJs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep. 2019 at 12:41pm
We did get a few miles in on Wednesday and a little trail dust on. Note the smiling passenger....
Many traveling today, travel safely! 
A quick note on local weather-Today a slight chance of rain this morning, high  85, low 60. Friday and Saturday are going to be around 90-92 and sunny. Recommend sunscreen and bug spray if you are so inclined. Little to no chance of rain Friday-Saturday. We are very dry and dusty this year. Those sensitive to dust and allergies, be aware. 
See everyone soon!
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep. 2019 at 12:17am
Had a great time seeing everyone this weekend. I hope everyone made it home incident free.

A big thank you to Black Sheep, the 'shepherds', and family! Such a fine bunch of folks.

Although "and family" includes a bunch, a special thanks go to two special folks, Lonnie And Marilyn....you are two very special people!

Thanks to you all for a great weekend!

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep. 2019 at 12:40am
I didn't get many 'worthy' ride pictures and I'm sure others will post up some later.

I did think this was pretty fun though.....

If you happen to be traveling I-65 around the AL/TN border there's a GREAT little antique store on the West side of the interstate that we try to stop at every couple of months or so.

Northbound the other day I spotted a familiar (to History Channel folks anyway) site that was featured a while back on a 'Pickers' episode. I knew we would be stopping by on the way home.LOL

I asked the owner how it got down to him and he said on one way through that "Mike said he knew he would never get around to doing anything with it" so "I just bought it".

It's really not good for much more than what it is doing right now (attracting attention) and it would really be a project to even get it to be a drivable vehicle....but it does have $5,000 shoe polished onto the windshield.

Remember seeing it? Wink

Edited by rocnroll - 30 Sep. 2019 at 12:44am
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

Bob3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep. 2019 at 12:55am
Mindy and I made it home safe and sound as did Rob and his uncle. We put just over 1,000 miles on the truck. We figure we drive the Jeep about 160 miles or so over the two days.

Thanks everyone for the great weekend and thanks to Black Sheep and family. Always suck a great time and great people.
1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
GJCJs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GJCJs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct. 2019 at 12:01pm
A great few days with a great bunch of people! Thanks to Troy and Julie, Matt, Hollywood, the “Boys”, the garage crew, Raney for a great route on Saturday and every one involved in staging this event. Thank you Lonnie and Marilynn for getting this whole thing started, it is something me and my crew look forward to all year!

Be sure to check out Bob’s photo link. GREAT pics Bob! Thank you for taking the time to post them. 

Parts are ordered for “Roscoe “- on Matt’s advice I ordered “everything under there “. Steve and Kevin’s rides are back at their garages and plans are being made for further refinements on each. 

Two questions that brought a smile to my face at every public stop on the rides: Where ya’ll from? And Where ya’ll going? It was so fun to answer “Everywhere “ and “We don’t know”!

Can’t wait until next year!
Greg
FiremanBrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FiremanBrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct. 2019 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by GJCJs GJCJs wrote:

A great few days with a great bunch of people! Thanks to Troy and Julie, Matt, Hollywood, the “Boys”, the garage crew, Raney for a great route on Saturday and every one involved in staging this event. Thank you Lonnie and Marilynn for getting this whole thing started, it is something me and my crew look forward to all year!

Be sure to check out Bob’s photo link. GREAT pics Bob! Thank you for taking the time to post them. 

Parts are ordered for “Roscoe “- on Matt’s advice I ordered “everything under there “. Steve and Kevin’s rides are back at their garages and plans are being made for further refinements on each. 

Two questions that brought a smile to my face at every public stop on the rides: Where ya’ll from? And Where ya’ll going? It was so fun to answer “Everywhere “ and “We don’t know”!

Can’t wait until next year!
Greg

I second that...a couple of times!  LOL 

Where is the pic link???

GJCJs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GJCJs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct. 2019 at 8:54pm
Brad- see if this works for you 

If not, look for Bob’s post in shows and get togethers. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct. 2019 at 3:05am
Hope everyone made it home safe. I really appreciate the help that was displayed at this gathering of great people. I feel privileged to have you guys attend a small town jeep ride with small town host. I noticed often people helping others and taking on jobs that just makes it all worth while. You are good people and your welcome at my place anytime and I'll even give you a stay at the cabin if you pass this way between rides. Thanks for the wonderful weekend!
lowenuf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowenuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct. 2019 at 3:44am
Originally posted by Black Sheep Black Sheep wrote:

Hope everyone made it home safe. I really appreciate the help that was displayed at this gathering of great people. I feel privileged to have you guys attend a small town jeep ride with small town host. I noticed often people helping others and taking on jobs that just makes it all worth while. You are good people and your welcome at my place anytime and I'll even give you a stay at the cabin if you pass this way between rides. Thanks for the wonderful weekend!

The thanks go to you and your crew! Thank you for opening up your hearts and home to total strangers coming in, and leaving as friends with a lifetime of memories.......
45 #10012
45 #10033 ACM #47
45 #10163 ACM #188
57 CJ5    Dauntless V6, T-18 4-speed, D-44 rear/D-30 front, D-20 twin stick

Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct. 2019 at 7:17am
Originally posted by rocnroll rocnroll wrote:

It says "Ford" on the side, but it looks more like a '37 Hardbargain...Big smile
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct. 2019 at 1:16am
YES I DID!!!!!!!
Spent the last few days trying to solve the overheating issue and landed that fish this evening!
After some chair time staring at the little 46' I came to the realization that I went over board for the cooling system. Back in the drag car days you ran hard for a 1/4 mi then stopped. That won't work with the little feller that goes 100mi per day. So we took off the second electric fan(first one I thought was to small), built a nice shroud, put the mechanical fan back on, flushed all components, Replaced fan t-stat switch with a plug, added new antifreeze and wala! She sits at 170-180 and up to 190 in a long lugging pull. Aluminum radiator was not the problem.
What did I learn?
Air flow was the culprit!
Do not put your cooling system in jeopardy by depending on the alternator and battery to do it for you. The alternator developed a pretty good load from the fan and burned out, the fan t-stat then became hot and the fan load burned it out then the battery ran out of juice and the points had nothing to fire on. Catastrophic failure in a pride driven situation.
These are simple engines and let the motor turn the fan as it should. Let the alternator and battery do there part. I the alternator fails you still have enough battery for the days ride plus your fan is keeping the little feller cool.
That's what I learned over the weekend about the L134. If you guys have questions about what did wrong and what happened just ask. May save you some effort or point you to a better set up than I had.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>