Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2020 Cheap Jeeps Meet and Ride- Kentucky - Event Date: 25 Sep. 2020 - 27 Sep. 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar. 2020 at 5:18pm
Ok Guys!!

It's official. We have another numbie entering the the jeep family here in KY! I purchsed another 46'
In less then 24hrs sold it to a local buddy and he is now running a high jeep fever!(about 180 degrees) We plan on having him ready for the jeep ride in his own numbered 46'. I will say,it has a lot of potential but needs several hours applied. We will be needing parts to help this young man to drive his jeep in Sept so I'm goin to count on some of the jeep family for support. I'm thankful to have such enthusiasm in these young men to keep a piece of jeep history alive.

We will try to get some pics posted for progress reports and obvious parts needed. Looking forward to the ride this year and Hollywood has already put a route together, so I say he is excited also.
GJCJs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GJCJs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2020 at 1:45pm
I feel the need to address a few misconceptions and a few aspersions that may have been cast. First of all;
“I suppose we better get our reservations in now before the rowdy Columbia hillbilly crew decide to take over the whole campground.” 

Just because SOMEONE added a few classic decorations to an otherwise bland RV site, I wouldn’t classify that as “rowdy” but rather enhancing the experience. 

And as far as “ find a place to bury a Jeep”- it wasn’t buried, it was barely up to the top of the tires! Besides, that was a navigational error by the co-pilot.....

And finally; with Black Sheep back on the hunt for parts and being only an hour from him, I have taken measures to protect my meager collection. Meet the new guard cat Silvia:

Big smileLOL All in good fun folks! Already planning for this fall!

Black Sheep- I’ll be down with your tires in a week or so. 

Greg

jeeper50 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeeper50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar. 2020 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by rocnroll rocnroll wrote:

Before this I had that 'in and out' or 'hunting' for OD that most Dodge forums tell you to "put an alternator on it"...... that's why I was hoping for a bad test at The Zone.

Remove grounding wires from the ECM and clean and reinstall them with a dielectric grease to prevent corrosion. I bought a 20 dollar wiring kit that adds a ground wire from the pump to the firewall.  kit from Geno's garage, check all grounds for corrosion

Edited by jeeper50 - 09 Mar. 2020 at 2:22pm

Belleview ol skool winch soon.
'48 CJ2A 283 V8 sm 420 granny low, tera low D18, overdrive,lockers

Texan at heart,Alabama by retirement

rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar. 2020 at 4:47pm
Thanks will look into that.

Have a very bad parasitic draw that I'll have to chase down....not looking forward to it.

Bad thing is it just destroys feeling of confidence that it's fixed. Not a daily driver, it sits alot and is used mainly on trips with trailer in tow....definately NOT when you want trouble.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
Black Sheep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar. 2020 at 1:36am
Here is the Nubie with jeep fever!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar. 2020 at 1:41am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar. 2020 at 2:16am
Well it has come to my attention that I stated the wrong year model of the jeep. It is a early 47' officially. The nubie just informed me. lol oops
If he sticks with it,has enough money and has enough help to holds out we should have him on the road in a few weeks.
Bugtussel Muscle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugtussel Muscle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar. 2020 at 2:34am
Well I’m the nubie and I have to say I am having a blast and I’m just glad that I have the help I have and have a great group of guys helping and showing me the ins and outs of this from the start. And I must say having the black sheep on my side is always a plus.
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar. 2020 at 3:39am
You're definately in good hands up there....welcome to the Page. See you in September ( if not before) Thumbs Up

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

GJCJs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GJCJs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar. 2020 at 10:20am
Welcome Bugtussle! You’ve fallen in with a bunch a pretty good people (except for that one that kinda looks like Lee Greenwood) and some fine Jeep mechanics. Looking forward to meeting you and seeing your 47. 

If I remember right, Bugtussle ain’t too far from Mud Lick?
Bugtussel Muscle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugtussel Muscle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar. 2020 at 12:44pm
Yes sir you are correct and I’m looking forward to meeting everyone heard a lot of good things and waiting to meet and talk to all the guys that I have heard and seen in some of the photos from last year I am excited.
Sdhharmon575 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sdhharmon575 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar. 2020 at 4:26pm
Welcome also from Patches and I. I've been where you are at now.Only exception is it took me 5 years to get Patches going.I enjoyed every minute of it. With the crew you have yours will be up and running in no time.Hope that comment about Black Sheep looking like Lee Greenwood doesn't go to his head.HaHa.GOD BLESS THE USA!!!!Clap

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar. 2020 at 11:25pm
Well, small audible called. So lets do a frame swap!!!!
I love a jerry rig noticed just before a paint job! lol But we will fix it with a new frame.

Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar. 2020 at 11:27pm
Welcome to the page, Bugtussel Muscle!
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
GJCJs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GJCJs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr. 2020 at 8:12pm
Getting in some practice:

He might not be ready for Prime Time, but he is learning! Gotta work a little more on that “clutch and shift” deal- we are getting there! Roc and Bob better watch out, Will is going to be cruising by this Fall,😉......
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr. 2020 at 9:27pm
Looks good sittin' there!

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

waddle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waddle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr. 2020 at 3:14pm
Waddles are in for the week end. We're heading to Wind Rock that week .

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr. 2020 at 6:41pm
Great! Good to hear from you guys and hopefully this sickness will be gone and past by the time the ride gets here. Hope all are doing well and covid free!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>