Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2020 Cheap Jeeps Meet and Ride- Kentucky - Event Date: 25 Sep. 2020 - 27 Sep. 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FiremanBrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 4:58am
I am definitely ready!

Bugtussle...I have some galvanized sheet metal used to fix holes in my 46.  You can you them to patch your rust hole if you need them! LOL

I am hoping to have it road worthy by the ride....paint and all!
GJCJs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GJCJs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by FiremanBrad FiremanBrad wrote:

I am definitely ready!

Bugtussle...I have some galvanized sheet metal used to fix holes in my 46.  You can you them to patch your rust hole if you need them! LOL

WooooHooo! Looking forward to seeing that 46 back on the road Brad! September will be here before we know it!

Greg
FiremanBrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FiremanBrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by GJCJs GJCJs wrote:

Originally posted by FiremanBrad FiremanBrad wrote:

I am definitely ready!

WooooHooo! Looking forward to seeing that 46 back on the road Brad! September will be here before we know it!

Greg

Brake replacement is next.....we may have to have a group tech session and get a few bugs worked out.

19willys51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 19willys51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2020 at 5:51pm
Looking forward to getting back to Kentucky. Big smileBig smile
Robert
Black Sheep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2020 at 4:07pm
We are getting closer to September and things are going to pick up around here!
We are planning on still having the ride first of all. I feel we are a small enough group that social distancing can be practiced with minimal effort and most of our time is on the road anyway. I also feel we can be sociable without standing on top of each other and if I can't hear you just start yelling at me (I'm used to that anyway). We can eat on the road the same as last year and we can gather at the shop in the evening. We can observe and respect others and their space and this will allow the good times to keep rolling! I would also like to throw in that we should be able to have a meal here at the house, which also lowers the risks.
Guys,Gals-- We should be able to have a great time as usual and we should be able to enjoy this years ride as well as those before. I enjoy this occasion and don't want it to slip away. We choose not to have advertisement for the simple fact that we didn't want this to become a tour business instead of a family of friends that have a common interest. That being good friends first, who happen to love willys jeeps. So lets plan on gathering at the farm and be respectful of each others space while attending. Bring plenty of germex and plenty of happiness! We are gonna ride!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2020 at 8:28pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FiremanBrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2020 at 9:59pm
Very cool!  I'd love to see a bunch of the different attachments and implements working.  That would be a cool show!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2020 at 6:19pm
Brad
We may have to keep that in mind! It would take a little more time but maybe next year we can try. The obstacle would be finding enough jeeps equipped to do so. PTO, Lift<hydraulics etc....
But I would be up for the challenge!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FiremanBrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2020 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by Black Sheep Black Sheep wrote:

Brad
We may have to keep that in mind! It would take a little more time but maybe next year we can try. The obstacle would be finding enough jeeps equipped to do so. PTO, Lift<hydraulics etc....
But I would be up for the challenge!

Heck yeah!  I'd be up for helping you with it!
GJCJs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GJCJs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2020 at 12:24pm
Since we are getting closer and closer to the ride, me and Steve got in a little shop time on Saturday. Patches got a shiny new aluminum radiator and Roscoe got a new gas tank.
GJCJs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GJCJs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2020 at 12:27pm
GJCJs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GJCJs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2020 at 12:32pm
And we HAD to take a test run! Top secret trail and waterfall location, somewhere in southern KY. Wink We decided that if Jpet would have been there, he would have given it a shot. 
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug. 2020 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by GJCJs GJCJs wrote:

We decided that if Jpet would have been there, he would have given it a shot.

If he has seen this, he's probably making plans right now to go there soon.  Big smile
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug. 2020 at 1:46pm
It's getting closer and we are starting to prepare for the Ky ride!!!!
I would like to ask at this time who will be attending this year? I guess we are asking ROLL CALL!!
I am trying to get a rough head count so we can get the boys from Hog Wild catering a number to go by for the Saturday night meal. We have posted earlier that we are going to still have this event. We still feel that this can be a safe gathering if we just have common courtesy for each other and I feel that common sense is present among most people. We will do our best to accommodate the issues at hand and willing to hear suggestions and concerns if anyone has questions. We will be posting some pics of the boys hard at work in the shop for the first time jeep owner "Bugtussle". We had our jitney ride last week and it seems to be a really nice little jeep that he has purchased and we are excited for him. The Columbia boys came down Friday to help on the project and we where also graced with the presence of Lonnie for guidance and direction during the build!
All jokes aside. We are looking forward to the September ride. We would like to have a safe and wonderful weekend full of laughter and friendship. Ky has a few guidelines issued that i Feel are very doable and no reason we can't carry on with our gathering. Be safe and take time to give me a shout on who will be attending!
lowenuf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowenuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug. 2020 at 1:52pm
Plan to be there as of right now....
45 #10012
45 #10033 ACM #47
45 #10163 ACM #188
57 CJ5    Dauntless V6, T-18 4-speed, D-44 rear/D-30 front, D-20 twin stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FiremanBrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug. 2020 at 4:06pm
Taylor and I are in!

Sdhharmon575 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sdhharmon575 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug. 2020 at 7:42pm
Patches and I will be there. Also Troy,you Matt or Hollywood got any lock washers? I need a lock washer!!!Wink See y'all soon.

waddle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waddle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug. 2020 at 10:42pm
Waddles will be there. Coming up from a ride at Wind Rock.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>