Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2020 Cheap Jeeps Meet and Ride- Kentucky - Event Date: 25 Sep. 2020 - 27 Sep. 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug. 2020 at 3:13am
After very hard consideration Phyl and I have decided we are going to have to sit this one out due to some personal considerations.

It pains us both greatly as we will be missing all you special friends. We just feel it is something we will have to forego this year.

I know a great time will be missed. We hope to pick up where we left off next year.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
Bob3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug. 2020 at 3:15pm
Mindy and I are planning on it at this point, but she has to check to see if Kentucky and Tn. are on her work's list of "no go" states. If so, she would have to quarantine for two weeks upon return.
1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
Black Sheep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug. 2020 at 8:08pm
Well Guys and Gals, I understand the choices we sometimes have to make. I realize that we aren't always in control of what comes up. I do want you to know that you will be missed. We have grown close to the crews that have shown up now for years past. We appreciate you and your company. You are welcome to come at your next available time though and maybe squeeze in an extra jeep weekend! We are always looking for a jeep weekend here!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug. 2020 at 8:23pm
Bob
If we drive though Tn and don't stop, it doesn't count. LOL Only if we assoc. with the stores and public. So technically I think we can use their beautiful country side and not associate and we should be fine! Or I think it aught to work that way. LOLHAHAHA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug. 2020 at 2:14pm
FiremanBrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FiremanBrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug. 2020 at 2:26pm
I like the open feel to it!  Might be a little rough on the gravels roads.  Tongue

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug. 2020 at 2:39pm
Brad! Where are the pics of your progress? Will it be ready for the ride?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FiremanBrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug. 2020 at 2:53pm
It will be so ready....I bought a 69 CJ-5 with 29K original miles to drive.  LOL  It may.  I am struggling with some wiring.
waddle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waddle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug. 2020 at 11:00pm
Bob3b Are ther gona be uh ice cream a cern'n.
GeorgiaFlattie View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeorgiaFlattie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug. 2020 at 2:39pm
Do y'all do this every year? If so I'm definitely in for next year. This year it's a week after a similar event I'm hosting down in Alabama but if things go well I might be able to make the trip since it's only about a 4hr drive.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug. 2020 at 3:06pm
Yes! This has become an every year thing. We where approached by some of the willy's folks about hosting a ride in KY and we decided that it would be doable. The first year was, I thought, was to be a one time thing and then it was discussed the whole weekend if we would do it again. From there it has been the last weekend in Sept. We average just under 200mi over the weekend and mostly scenic rides across Ky and Tn. This is a ride that has been told to me that the wives enjoy the most. Several jeeps are show quality units and we do put them on old back roads, paved and unpaved, a few creek/river crossings. We tour the country side around moonshine grounds of the past and present but no stopping for shine.LOL As far as rock crawling, not available but we will get your trailer queen dirty! We gather around the shop every evening and plan a cookout on Sat night. Would love for you to come!! We have resevered rooms at our local motel for this event for those coming. We also provide an area for camping( tents,5 campers at the moment) and have been able to have electricity for them. Again you have plenty of time to load up and make it this year. Shoot we have them coming from Minnesota,Missouri,Ohio,Illinois,Alabama,Tennessee,Kentucky,Etc.....
Come on up!

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeorgiaFlattie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug. 2020 at 3:31pm
OK, it's tentatively on the calendar. The weekend before is a shakedown run for my trip to Moab in November so if it survives that trip with no major issues we'll try to make it up.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FiremanBrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug. 2020 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by GeorgiaFlattie GeorgiaFlattie wrote:

Do y'all do this every year? If so I'm definitely in for next year. This year it's a week after a similar event I'm hosting down in Alabama but if things go well I might be able to make the trip since it's only about a 4hr drive.

What's the event in Alabama?  Where?

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeorgiaFlattie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug. 2020 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by FiremanBrad FiremanBrad wrote:

Originally posted by GeorgiaFlattie GeorgiaFlattie wrote:

What's the event in Alabama?  Where?

Bob3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug. 2020 at 6:59pm
If we come the ice cream maker is coming too
1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug. 2020 at 2:03am
Great!!! We all like ice cream around here!!
GJCJs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GJCJs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep. 2020 at 2:00pm
Rabbit, rabbit, rabbit! September 1st, three weekends and we ride! So looking forward to this year and seeing most of the crew and some new faces. Those that can’t make it will be missed! The “Columbia boys” are putting final touches on the Jeeps. I know I did an initial pack out on Roscoe yesterday, it will be done two or three more times. See ya’ll soon!
PS: If anyone is coming for the first time, or coming in from a new direction than your normal route, feel free to give me a shout for directions into beautiful Tompkinsville, KY and the Cammack estate. 
Bob3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep. 2020 at 1:58pm
Hey Troy, we will be three coming down. Myself, Scott and Rob A...no Mindy
1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>