Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2021 Cheap Jeeps Meet and Ride - Event Date: 23 Sep. 2021 - 25 Sep. 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheap Jeep (CJ) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: 2021 Cheap Jeeps Meet and Ride
    Posted: 28 Feb. 2021 at 7:45pm
Hello Jeep Friends, 

We have scheduled our 2021 Meet and Ride arrival beginning September 23 and meeting on the 24th at 9:00 AM on the Cammack Homestead.  We will be heading out for a fun filled ride of country roads and lots of scenic rolling countryside.  Michael "Hollywood" has planed a new route and we can't wait to begin.  Raney has Saturday route planned across the line in our neighboring State and as always we know it will be a great ride.

Mark your calendars for September 23 thru 26, 2021 and plan on enjoying another great weekend of seeing special jeep friends, making new memories and just sharing a special time together again.

Motel arrangements at the Tompkinsville Inn, 270-487-9228, will be as before. Any questions call Troy 270-407-3078 and he will be glad to answer questions or set up parking for RV hookup or camping area.  Troy, Greg, Steve, Michael, Matt, Ethan, Seth and Raney will be happy to help in any way.

Be safe, God Bless and Hope to see you all the 23rd.  Lonnie is still with us and looking forward to this so  much.  Marilyn
waddle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waddle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar. 2021 at 1:31pm
Waddles are in for that week end. Thank you for having us, and to get to enjoy all your hospitality. John

Black Sheep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar. 2021 at 3:59pm
Great to hear you guys are going to make it! The pleasure is mine having you  here. With guests like you it makes hospitality easy.
Hollywood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar. 2021 at 2:03am
Yee Haw Clap
Bob3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar. 2021 at 6:17pm
great news!
1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar. 2021 at 4:34pm
Folks, we have been working diligently to remedy the smokers! We have 4 motors in the process of rebuilds and close to complete. We also have a newby!!!!! Mr. Jeff Bibee will be sporting a one of a kind flat fender this year! (We call it Cash) We should have plenty to look over and discuss about this unit. LOL It seems to be a mismosh of I don't know what they are pieces and body work. It will run with a fresh motor and operate as it should but!!!!!!
  Matt, Steve, and Justin ( AKA - I don't know, Lock-washer and Tight Wad) are all receiving fresh rebuilds! Should remedy the smokers!
al_minn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al_minn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar. 2021 at 1:34pm
Count the Yankees in this year!  We hear that someone is trying to take over our prime RV spot....but remember that “Al’s Deep Water Recovery Service” has the equipment to move most anything....occupied or not!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar. 2021 at 2:02pm
Great to hear from you guys! Glad you plan on attending this year, We missed having you here and looking forward to your arrival. As for the camping spot,  it's first come first serve but would love to see a good ol fashion rearrangement when you arrive!!!!!!!!LOL
Sdhharmon575 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sdhharmon575 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar. 2021 at 3:21am
Patches hopefully has gone smoke free in 2021. As Troy alluded to in previous post.Just hauled the Jeep home this evening from Tville, with a fresh motor rebuild.Glad to hear ALs’ Towing & Deep Water Recovery will be back on site this year.You never know what the Columbia boys will get into.££Hope Al is up for whatever we throw at him!!
43 Flat-Fender View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 43 Flat-Fender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar. 2021 at 11:59pm
Yay!  I can't wait to get back down to the "Heart of Kentucky"!
I've been looking forward to it ever since I pulled out on Sunday last year.
Currently doing all the necessary maintenance and tweaks so the '43 GPW(with a Willys motor Wink) will be ready for another 500 mile round trip weekend.
She'll be champing at the bit when I tell her the good news!

Rob

Edited by 43 Flat-Fender - 13 Mar. 2021 at 5:30pm
Rob
GPW 94445 (DOD 01-25-43) Built in Louisville KY
Engine: MB341746
"Faithful Steed" since 1967

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar. 2021 at 8:25pm
Great to hear from you Rob. Glad your goin to make the trip again this year. It really impressed me that you drove from Louisville Ky to Tompkinsville, rode every mile while here, then saddled up and drove back to Louisville in your jeep. That's a true jeep man!!!!  I'm not even qualified to be in that category. Hat's off for that trip Sir!
uncamoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uncamoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar. 2021 at 8:47pm
Is there an IBA? Iron Butts of America? The only thing I had to drive for years is my 3B. UT, WY NE. Cross country in a work truck or moving van? My rear end was not happy with my Harley either.

john

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 43 Flat-Fender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar. 2021 at 5:18pm
Thanks Troy,

Well I'm sure you and the other committed Flat Fender fans understand when I say that being in and around one's jeep is my ... "Happy Place".  There is something about all the hours put in working on them, the nostalgia, the slice of Americana and the simplicity of times gone by that never gets old.

And then, having the opportunity to get together with other folks like you who "Get it", is really special.  The instant connection, the sense of common understanding and trust is unusual in today's world.  It's refreshing how people from all walks of life can get together for a weekend and bond.

From reading the previous years posting about "Cheap Jeeps Meet and Ride", it was clear to me that you guys and gals had managed to capture lightning in a bottle with your Flat Fenders and were having a great time doing it!  Thanks for sharing it Troy!

Now, I've got to get out to the garage and keep working on my jeep!  It sounds like the whole "Crew" has factory fresh, high compression, close tolerance rigs ready to go this year!!  I'll try to keep up as best I can!! Wink

Edited by 43 Flat-Fender - 16 Mar. 2021 at 7:08pm
Rob
FiremanBrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FiremanBrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr. 2021 at 10:58pm
I can't wait!!!  My 46 is running like a dream....stopping like a nightmare.  Parts on order for that.  We will just call it the "Painted Pig".

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 43 Flat-Fender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 2:56am
TORNADO!?  3 April 2021

Everybody OK down that way!?

Edited by 43 Flat-Fender - 04 May 2021 at 3:17am
Rob
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 3:09am
Looks like it hit Tupelo late last night..sirens woke us up at about 11:30.....didn't even get wIndy here. 

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
Hollywood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 3:21am
We all good in Ky. 
Hollywood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 3:23am
In Tompkinsville anyway, haven’t heard from Columbia since this morning but am thinking everything is ok or they would have called to let us know. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>