Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2021 Cheap Jeeps Meet and Ride - Event Date: 23 Sep. 2021 - 25 Sep. 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 3:42am
Oh wow....just now hearing about this....thought you were referring to what came thru here last night!  Sorry for the misinterpretation....hope everything is OK.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
Hollywood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 9:16am
Glad y’all are ok Rock. Thanks for the update
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 9:30am
....Thumbs Up.....

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 12:10pm
I have wanted to go to a gathering of other Jeep enthusiasts, but most events are too far away from me. 

I am finally outfitted with one mechanically sound Jeep (47 CJ2A) and will have a 67 CJ5 in shape pretty soon. I am within 200 miles of Bowling Green so this event is certainly in range.

Would like to know more about this. Are there any registration requirements ? Limits on number of Jeeps for the ride ? Camping areas? 
If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
Black Sheep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 10:00am
Oldpappy
We would be glad to have you and your 47'. There is no registration nor limit at this point. Camping is on the farm. We can provide 110v electric but will need to be notified if you have an RV,camper or tent. Where are you from?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 12:28pm
Old Pappy
  I don't know that i have met you so i want to feel you in on what you can expect and whats to be expected at this event.
  We cover mainly gravel and black top back roads. We try to accommodate camping. There is a riders meeting every morning. There will be a catered meal Sat night that is paid by the attendees. We cover 100mi or less per day and eat lunch at a chosen spot by the guide for the day. We do pack sandwich  food for lunch but drinks are on you. That is a brief what you can expect from us.
  Now what we expect. We are family oriented and God fearing bunch. We have prayer after the riders meeting. We have no intentions to offend but will be expecting others to respect our beliefs. Foul language is not appreciated nor becoming a drunk. We have had no complaints after hosting this for several years and seems most return if possible. I have had one issue in the past and it was resolved and the weekend went on fine. But I have no problem asking someone to leave my Property if these small requests can,t be met. I enjoy this ride very much and will not have children and others exposed to ignorance. We have plenty of local hospitality to give out and hope this is the kind of place you would enjoy being a part of!
lowenuf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowenuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by Black Sheep Black Sheep wrote:

Old Pappy
  I don't know that i have met you so i want to feel you in on what you can expect and whats to be expected at this event.
  We cover mainly gravel and black top back roads. We try to accommodate camping. There is a riders meeting every morning. There will be a catered meal Sat night that is paid by the attendees. We cover 100mi or less per day and eat lunch at a chosen spot by the guide for the day. We do pack sandwich  food for lunch but drinks are on you. That is a brief what you can expect from us.
  Now what we expect. We are family oriented and God fearing bunch. We have prayer after the riders meeting. We have no intentions to offend but will be expecting others to respect our beliefs. Foul language is not appreciated nor becoming a drunk. We have had no complaints after hosting this for several years and seems most return if possible. I have had one issue in the past and it was resolved and the weekend went on fine. But I have no problem asking someone to leave my Property if these small requests can,t be met. I enjoy this ride very much and will not have children and others exposed to ignorance. We have plenty of local hospitality to give out and hope this is the kind of place you would enjoy being a part of!

Well said....... This event is as simple as simple folk can make it. Friendship, and love for the jeep is present at all times....Race, religion, political beliefs have no fears here. We all support each other, no matter what the situation.......Lonnie, Marilyn, Troy and his family bend over backwards to make anyone feel welcome, and welcome you will feel.......Peace and love until the rides.......Low
45 #10012
45 #10033 ACM #47
45 #10163 ACM #188
57 CJ5    Dauntless V6, T-18 4-speed, D-44 rear/D-30 front, D-20 twin stick

rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 6:03pm
And that was well said as well! Hug

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

waddle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waddle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 6:30am
Thank You Troy.  Good times will be had by all.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug. 2021 at 12:02pm
OK guys! We are a month away from the ride and putting out a request for guests that have intentions on coming. I need to be prepping for camp site electric and dinner arrangements etc...We have scheduled a catered meal and a head count has to be given at this time.  The shop will soon begin the cleaning process for guests to use if needed. The hay is cut and put up, Cows are happy, the shop is a little behind as well as electrical work but should be caught up by then, new motors have been built and most installed, tranny work has been done, routes have been laid out, spare parts collected and ready, looking forward to the arrival of new and old friends. I understand that the covid has interrupted our lives and seems to still be a nuisance. If you feel need for any precaution , feel free to apply it to you and your party. I take no offense to you asking me to stay 6' or 10' feet away as we speak. All I want is to see old and new friends enjoy themselves comfortably with no worries and common courtesy applied. If you feel the need for a mask wear it! If you want 10gal of hand sanitizer, bring it! If you want to park 20' away at stops, do it! I you don't like the fact the Columbia boys don't take baths, suck it up and tell them the creek is open in the hollar! LOL I want us all to respect each others personal decisions but also don't want personal decisions forced on others. My political,health,religious belief and so forth may not be your beliefs but I will respect yours and you respect mine so we can come to one we do agree on. JEEPS!!!!!! We all agree on this or you wouldn't be here.
We have all been faced with issues over the last year plus. We have all missed out, lived in confusion, been mind clogged with media, seen senseless actions, have basically had our lives changed forever more. This weekend, lets come together in unity, courtesy, and love in our hearts to enjoy a little jeep ride with family and friends that are just as close. Let's laugh at Al's towing and recovery! At Barry's Walmart trip! At the willy make it competition! Let's not forget that we have something special here and a little gathering of friends is worth quite a bit more than what the world has offered up lately.
Get that head count in here, get the jeep tuned,get your minds clear and come on!

waddle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waddle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug. 2021 at 7:23am
Thank you Troy for all that ya all do. Patty & I along with Dave & Cindy . Thursday, Friday arrivals.  j&p
Sdhharmon575 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sdhharmon575 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug. 2021 at 12:20pm
Count me in as well.Also could you give guidance on this shower thing you speak of.I need to know if these can be purchased at
your local Walmart, or online at Amazon EBay etc. Also do they have a shelf life or expiration date attached to them? I don’t want to buy a bunch of these up and they go bad before I can use them!
Wink
43 Flat-Fender View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 43 Flat-Fender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug. 2021 at 1:24pm
WooHoo!  Count me in, as well, Troy!  TY Sir.

I'm looking forward to gathering again with Friends and Flat fenders down in the Heart of Kentucky.

I'll be heading down Thursday afternoon/evening from Louisville (130 mi one-way) in the '43 GPW/MB.
Tent camping while there.
Departing Sunday morning (reluctantly).

Currently going through a maintenance checklist getting ready for the 500 mi adventure over the four days.

Edited by 43 Flat-Fender - 20 Aug. 2021 at 5:11pm
Rob
GPW 94445 (DOD 01-25-43) Built in Louisville KY
Engine: MB341746
"Faithful Steed" since 1967
GJCJs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GJCJs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug. 2021 at 5:32pm
Showers? You should know we take a bath every Saturday night, put on clean overalls, and gather on the porch in our rocking chairs to listen to the Grand Ole Opry on WSM while eating some Goo-Goo clusters and sipping a RC Cola. (Don’t worry Al- we will explain all that “southernese”)
And thanks to a fine Ohio gentleman, a certain little red Willys hauler/camper will be there again under new ownership. And hot showers shall abound! ($2 a minute, 5 minutes for $8). 
Count on the Columbia crew to be there. Cousin Darrin plans on coming from Arkansas and tenting it. Not sure what Lockwasher is doing, but I think tent. Trailer Park is still on the fence, but I imagine he and young William will at least put in an appearance. 
We are all looking forward to this gathering of friends and Willys aficionados! Let’s ride!
al_minn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al_minn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep. 2021 at 10:29pm
Due to various things coming up, we’re not going to be able to make it this year.  We will miss “y’all” and sure hope to resurrect “Al’s towing and deep water recovery” next year. Hope you have good weather and a great ride…..we’re sure sorry to miss it.
P. S.  Post pictures!

Al and Marilyn (the Yankees)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep. 2021 at 1:14pm
Al! I'm not sure if we can make it 2 years in a row of you guys not being able to come! We understand and hope all is well with you and Marilyn. You will be missed but maybe we can plan something later to fill this void before next year. Be careful with covid, it seems to be rampid again.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep. 2021 at 1:25pm
After deliberating with the group we have decided to lower the risk of the trip by asking all of you to prepare your own lunches for the trip. I hate this but it seems a responsible thing to do. We will still have a catered meal Sat. night. We will respect all and everyone's wishes, without offense, about the covid issue at hand. I feel this is a small thing for you to throw your hand up as I approach you and say " 6 feet please". I/we can handle that with no offense. We do not want to ruin your ride with our (everybody in attendance) opinions. After all its your trip to enjoy. We love you guys and plan on keep loving you well after this ride. Lets have common courtesy and cover some miles. We pray your trip here is safe and scenic.
Oh by the way. Cheap Jeep and spouse are now located 100yrds past the entry to the shop at there new home. For the first time I get to sleep in my own bed this year!!!
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep. 2021 at 9:23pm
Hope and look forward to seeing everyone on Friday Jeeps rule.  Peanut.😀
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>