Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2023 Sidney-Deadwood Gold Rush Convoy - Event Date: 10 June 2023 - 22 June 2023

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Brigadier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: 2023 Sidney-Deadwood Gold Rush Convoy
    Posted: 01 Feb. 2022 at 1:23pm

Preliminary Announcement of Trooper Tyree’s

June, 2023 FORT SIDNEY-DEADWOOD GOLD RUSH CONVOY

11 DAYS (TBA) 600-MILES

·        Open to MVPA members-limit 20 military vehicles in correct livery, uniforms optional.

·        Cost is $300 @ vehicle. (Includes post-convoy DVD.) Discounts to TTT veterans!

·        Vehicles must be street legal, insured and capable of sustained speeds of 40 mph.

·        Fees are nonrefundable except if we reschedule the convoy.

The tentative plan is to depart from Cabela’s of Sidney, NE to coincide with Sidney’s Gold Rush Days Festival of the 2nd weekend of June. The present plan is to follow the Oregon Trail to Scotts Bluff Natl. Monument, then north to Fort Robinson, NE, and the Black Hills of South Dakota. Once begun, this tour has five designated overnight stops; Fort Robinson (twice), & Custer State Parks, Deadwood, and Palmer Gulch Resort at Hill City-2-nights each, to allow opportunities to enjoy. The longest travel days, two are 145-miles each.

Want to know more before you go? Watch this 1-minute promo of the 2016 Black Hills Convoy  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP1U8ST8gnw  as well as other segments. Note: the promo shows some places that we will not return to in 2023. Look for both the 2013 & 2016 videos. Better yet, ask those who have done ours! 😊

Michaeltru View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michaeltru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb. 2022 at 5:23pm
 Ben Johnson. Great actor/cowboy
Mike in AZ
muley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb. 2022 at 6:28pm
Had the privilege of going on a poker ride Ben sponsored back in the early 90's. Yup just a regular old cowboy like the rest of us. He dealt the final cards at last stop. Apache Jct AZ.  Trooper Tyree RIP.
Joined Jan-8 2015
I never met a mule I didn't like!
OD Mule 01-52 M38
Big Red 19fiddy CJ3A salad

Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michaeltru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb. 2022 at 9:00pm
Apache junction?  What was there?
Mike in AZ
muley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb. 2022 at 9:25pm
Born and raised there in the shadow of Superstition Mtn. "the Soops" as we called them. Was a small mining community on the Apache Trail way back when, now just another Phx suburb. Where in AZ are you?

Edited by muley - 01 Feb. 2022 at 9:27pm
Joined Jan-8 2015
OD Mule 01-52 M38

Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michaeltru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb. 2022 at 10:00pm
West side of The Valley. Just wondering what Apache junction had to do with Ben Johnson. Wikipedia says he died in Mesa. I know his farm/house was in chandler/ Gilbert area and I drove by a number of times. Just wonderin’

Edited by Michaeltru - 01 Feb. 2022 at 10:01pm
Mike in AZ
muley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb. 2022 at 12:58pm
With apologies to the OP i'll continue the discussion about Ben on PM.
Joined Jan-8 2015
OD Mule 01-52 M38
 Post Reply Post Reply