Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2023 Willys Jeep Rally

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cjbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2023 Willys Jeep Rally
    Posted: 30 Jan. 2023 at 8:56pm

For additional information, feel free to visit website posted. 

Edited by cjbilly - 27 Mar. 2023 at 9:23pm
1984 CJ7
1946 CJ2A- Supersonic motor
1948 CJ2A- Ramsey DP-1 shifter,PTO,front Ramsey MX200-R winch, Newgren lift
1955 Sears Trailer
1955 CJ5- PTO/belt drive,farm weight
1954 CJ3B- trencher,front blade
cjbilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cjbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar. 2023 at 10:36am
Pre-registration form is now available.

Edited by cjbilly - 27 Mar. 2023 at 9:24pm
1984 CJ7
1955 Sears Trailer
lhfarmbt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lhfarmbt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar. 2023 at 4:10pm
I just made my Lodge reservation online and included the message "with Jeep Rally" in the comment section.  I was charged the first night's deposit and received my confirmation email.  A short while later I received an email saying I would be billed at the event rate.  Great deal!

I prefer to book online rather than on the phone.  If you go that route, but sure to let them know you are part of the Jeep show.

Barry T
https://www.farmjeep.com/
cjbilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cjbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar. 2023 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by lhfarmbt lhfarmbt wrote:

I just made my Lodge reservation online and included the message "with Jeep Rally" in the comment section.  I was charged the first night's deposit and received my confirmation email.  A short while later I received an email saying I would be billed at the event rate.  Great deal!

I prefer to book online rather than on the phone.  If you go that route, but sure to let them know you are part of the Jeep show.

Barry T

Thanks Barry for your update. Should help clarify those wanting to make reservations this year how simple it is.

Scott 

Edited by cjbilly - 27 Mar. 2023 at 9:24pm
1984 CJ7
1955 Sears Trailer
cjbilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cjbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar. 2023 at 9:21pm

For those traveling to the Willys Jeep Rally in June, may we make a suggestion for you to extend your stay in Ohio an extra day or two. Preble County is very fortunate to have 8 covered bridges still standing. As some of you may already know, there is one actually on the Hueston Woods property. Another bridge, The Black Covered Bridge is only 4.4 miles away just off 732 in Butler county outside Oxford, Ohio.   

Feel free to download this bridge location website for your use.

https://www.visitpreblecounty.org/covered-bridges/

By no means are we wanting to take away from your visit and stay during our event. No official sightseeing trips are planned- this is for our friends and guests to wander OHIO on your own. Hopefully this will help you plan your stay this year.

Have a safe trip and we are looking forward is see everyone soon!

2023 WILLYS JEEP RALLY EVENT COMMITTEE

Edited by cjbilly - 30 Mar. 2023 at 2:59pm
1984 CJ7
1955 Sears Trailer
MSG Keane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MSG Keane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2023 at 7:15pm
Looking forward to this show!
lhfarmbt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lhfarmbt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 7:00am
Me too!  It looks like it is going to be a warm couple of days.  Be sure and bring your sunscreen
Barry
https://www.farmjeep.com/
cjbilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cjbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 11:24am
If anyone is interested, some of us are planning on getting together after Friday night’s picnic. Hope to sit down by the swap meet area to talk Jeeps, tell some lies, make new friends and hang out. BYOB and a chair around dark. (Nothing really planned and not a part of The Willy’s Jeep Rally scheduled activities.)
Would be a nice time to ask any questions and/ or address any issues you are having. In this day and age, any direct help we can get in keeping our old iron toys up and moving is always helpful.
Hope to see some of you there. Thumbs Up
1984 CJ7
1955 Sears Trailer
MSG Keane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MSG Keane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2023 at 6:25pm
MSG Keane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MSG Keane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2023 at 6:26pm
ricksjeeps513 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ricksjeeps513 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2023 at 10:32am
These 1973 twin yellow Jeep CJ-5 models belong to Rick Riley.  He bought the one with white wheels new in 1973 and used it hard for 50 years.   He often wished he could buy a new 1973 Jeep equipped just the way his original 1973 model had been.  A few months ago, an ad appeared on Facebook Market Place for a 1973 yellow Jeep that was a twin to his original 1973 purchase.  He jumped on it immediately.  When the "new" Jeep arrived, it was in even better condition than was hoped.  When he started it to drive it off the delivery trailer, he was transported back 50 years to his first drive in a factory-fresh 1973 yellow Jeep.  The original Jeep was equipped with Desert Dog tires, and the new Jeep was soon equipped with yellow wheels and Desert Dogs.

These two 1973 Jeeps now share lodging in the Rileys' collection.  By the way, the "new" Jeep was driven home from the Willys Jeep Rally and performed like a champ!  Clap

Paulette & Rick Riley
Rick
ricksjeeps513 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ricksjeeps513 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2023 at 10:37am
The Willys Jeep Rally for 2023 was a great success.  Mike Mee did a splendid job of overseeing the event.  Barb and Bill Marshal were well organized and had plenty of help so they could enjoy the show.  

Mary Kindburg prepared a delicious picnic on Friday evening with pulled pork and turkey sandwiches and loads of fruits and vegetables.  Both trail rides had large numbers, and nobody broke down!

There were more Jeeps than ever involved in the demonstrations, and we even had a plow champion who showed the boys how a professional does the job.  All the demonstrations had larger attendances than ever.  

The weather all weekend was gorgeous with high heat but low humidity.  We had about 10 vendors with the Jeepster Man joining us with large donations of gift certificates and merchandise.  The banquet food was delicious as usual.  Barney's presentation was a story of his journey from his first Jeep to where he stands now.  I think everyone could share in some of Barney's insights and memories.

We are already planning for the 2024 Willys Jeep Rally.  Hope to see everyone at Hueston Woods next year.
Rick
cjbilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cjbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2023 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by MSG Keane MSG Keane wrote:

For those that may not know, the Auburn Jeep-a-Trench Gear-Draulic trencher used hardwood dowel rods as sheer pins in the rear drive assembly. Sometimes they were cut longer so they could be reused. Number of wood pins was likely determined in the field and under actual construction conditions. Never know when you might hit a rock or trash underground.
That is why some of the later Auburn trenchers had a coffee can of spare dowel rods in the back of the bed.

Edited by cjbilly - 15 June 2023 at 12:23pm
1984 CJ7
1955 Sears Trailer
 Post Reply Post Reply