Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 24th Annual Fall Willys Jeep Reunion 13-14 Sep 19
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

24th Annual Fall Willys Jeep Reunion 13-14 Sep 19

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Timme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep. 2019 at 10:06pm
Loading up now, see everyone in a few hours, traffic willing.

Doug
48cj2a View Drop Down
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep. 2019 at 1:59am
Bill,

The Choke linkage was tweaked causing the the piece that slides in the curved path to bind. Took it off and peened it back flat on the side of a sledge hammer.

I had taken this part loose and the part that holds the throttle and choke cables off the carb when I sent it to him for rebuild.

Funny thing is, he looked at it during the Spring 18 Reunion and told be to lengthen the threaded throttle linkage when he jacked up my original Vacuum line to the wiper tube and charged me about $35 diagnosis labor...he wasn't even close.

Pays to spend some one on one time of our own I guess.

Shes running great nowEmbarrassed
Art C USAF (Retired)

47 CJ2A #134955 Project
48 CJ2A #206759
62 L6226 Station Wagon #58167 10900
45 T3-C #191 Project
http://www.bantamt3c.com
http://www.48cj2a.com
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep. 2019 at 3:53am
Some teasers from Potawatomi today:

CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep. 2019 at 2:03pm
I have good footage of the reunion but it’s on my drone so I will have to post it later. Here are a couple pics.

MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep. 2019 at 2:05pm
Here is the Potawatomi footage. :

MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

willysreunion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willysreunion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep. 2019 at 9:33pm
We had some of the best weather ever for clear skys and cooler temps in a very long time.

Great turnout of participants, spectators alike and vendor swap meet parts too.

Pictures are now posted on the website.

Watch the web site for updates on next years 25th Anniversary of the Fall Reunion. Sep 11-12 2020.

Art C

Willys Reunion Staff - (Web Administrator)

http://willysreunion.com/
47heater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47heater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep. 2019 at 6:59am

We had outstanding weather at The Fall Willys Reunion. My Grand kids had a blast! Thanks to everyone that helped to put this on. We got to meet people that were first timers & catch up with old friends. The kids enjoyed looking at all of the old parts that were for sale & asking what they were.

Who wouldn't want to get their picture taken with Bam Bam.

They even got to climb on some of the Jeeps. The only thing better than getting to turn on the siren & honk the horn, was to go for a ride in a fire truck equipped Willys.

Here's my Orange Crush Crew

Edited by 47heater - 18 Sep. 2019 at 7:13am
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct. 2019 at 6:51pm
Here is Hawkeye’s perspective of the reunion:

MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Fltfndr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fltfndr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct. 2019 at 2:45am
Will the gentleman who purchased my spare tire carrier at the Fall Willys Reunion please send a check as promised.
Fltfndr
1948 CJ2A Restomod "Six Pac"
The object of war is not to die for your country, but make the other bastard die for his. George S. Patton
Jw60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jw60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct. 2019 at 1:24am
Originally posted by Fltfndr Fltfndr wrote:

Will the gentleman who purchased my spare tire carrier at the Fall Willys Reunion please send a check as promised.

That's disappointing to hear.
Hopefully they honestly forgot, if you don't know who it was do you have a description of them or there jeep? We might be able to remind them if ther frequent other forms more than cj2apage.
Fltfndr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fltfndr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct. 2019 at 5:02am
Gentleman stopped by my 2A while I was setting up my canopy, looked at the carrier I had on my jeep and in conversation said he preferred a swing down carrier. This was exactly what he wanted, settled on a price, he didn't have checkbook with him. I assumed he was there with his vehicle, didn't even ask his name, gave him my business card and said send me a check when he got home. I have bought and sold several items on the page with items crossing in the mail and have never had a problem. Maybe I am getting too trusting in my old age, or my fault for not getting more info
Fltfndr
The object of war is not to die for your country, but make the other bastard die for his. George S. Patton
Joe DeYoung View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct. 2019 at 2:21pm
Maybe he lost your card and doesn't know how to get a hold of you. He also may not be on the page.
Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

Fltfndr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fltfndr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct. 2019 at 4:00am
Very posssible
Fltfndr
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123