Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 26th Annual Fall WILLYS Jeep Reunion & Swap Meet
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

26th Annual Fall WILLYS Jeep Reunion & Swap Meet - Event Date: 09 Sep. 2022 - 10 Sep. 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan_289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug. 2022 at 12:42pm
We plan to be there mid day Friday in time to go on the trail ride.  I am bringing some various parts. 2A hood,  a windshield, tow hitch, etc.  

We are on the lookout for a good 3B hood and grill if anyone has something they want to sell or trade.
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug. 2022 at 3:43pm
Oldtime (Ken) has a 3B hood listed in the classifieds, and I believe he will be at the reunion. Send him a PM.
If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug. 2022 at 3:45pm
Jolly Rodger,

I'll take $30 for the tire changer.
47heater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47heater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug. 2022 at 9:17pm
I have a pair of new rotors 5X5.5 they are 1 3/16" thick. They have never been out of the box. I needed 7/8". $50 at the Reunion if no one is interested I'll send them back.
sandusky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandusky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug. 2022 at 11:13am
Whoa ! I found out the Hotel still had Rooms just not at the Reunion Rate . I booked a room so all good here! Thanks all for reaching out! See you good people there. 
Jw60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jw60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug. 2022 at 3:10pm
I'll be looking for a later trico wiper arm. Mine finally got away from me at night on I70... I watched it fly away, didn't see it land and wasn't gonna stop.
Fltfndr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fltfndr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug. 2022 at 8:24pm
Thinking about arriving at fall reunion on Thursday around midday. Anyone else going to set up early?

Fltfndr
Fltfndr
1948 CJ2A Restomod "Six Pac"
The object of war is not to die for your country, but make the other bastard die for his. George S. Patton
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug. 2022 at 9:16pm
Hey John,

You bringing your Jeep this time? 

We have to stop over in Illinois to deliver some parts on Thursday, so will be in Fulton probably mid-day Friday. 
Fltfndr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fltfndr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug. 2022 at 9:43pm
yes, I am
Fltfndr
The object of war is not to die for your country, but make the other bastard die for his. George S. Patton
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug. 2022 at 9:57pm
I’ll be there all day Friday but working till early afternoon.

Wade and I checked out the new off-road park a couple weekends ago.

Pros:
Trails are much cleaner than Potawatomi. Better for clean stock vehicles
More trails that are a little challenging for a stock rig but not too challenging

Cons:
The property is 16 miles away from the museum.

I think we pretty much wheeled the park and there was only one obstacle I saw that we had little to no chance of doing with lockers.

My bro-in-law Terry was there in his bone stocker and he did have to work for it a few times but he pretty much hung with us the whole way:

All in all, I think this is a better place for the bone stock Jeeps but might not have as many challenges as Potawatomi. There certainly is no obstacle like “Sunday Drive”.

So, I figure we might give everyone the option of following Randy to this new park or going to Potawatomi. If enough people just want to have a cruise through town, I can probably offer that too.
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep. 2022 at 7:59am
I had hoped to bring a Jeep this year, but probably won't have one ready in time.

My CJ2A needs a transmission / transfer case swapped in. I have both rebuilt and ready but may not have time to get it done. It is the only one I have that is registered and insured with a roll bar and seat belts. 

I am finishing a valve job on the Cj5 today and may have it back in operation this weekend, but I have to haul it 50 miles to the DMV for a VIN verification to get it registered. Possible, but not real likely I will get time to do this. 

If anyone has an empty seat and wants some added ballast I can help with that.  

sonoblast77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonoblast77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep. 2022 at 7:45pm
In my opinion the option of following Randy over to the offroad park without a name is 10 times better than Potawantomi. His place is much nicer, the trails are not washed out and most are smooth. Driving in the woods and creek beds is not more than stock jeep can handle. No real potential for body damage, I only flopped over because I tried to climb a large rock on the creek bank. The picture makes it look worse than it was, I backed up and the jeep righted itself. I vote Randy's "no name" park.
Jw60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jw60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep. 2022 at 10:29pm
Back in the day John, Matt, and the other John were always wheeling Thursday. Definitely interested so I'll holler on the radio when I get there. 
jeepgod2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepgod2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep. 2022 at 8:48am
Getting things loaded. More here than is possible to bring. I’ll be bringing hoods, grills, fenders, tailgates, bell cranks, military antenna, rifle mount, wheels, Dana 30 axle, some small NOS items, some new L134 rebuild parts, 2 L134 blocks, heads, Converto dump trailer, 24 volt generator, distributors, some M38 starter, and lots of small parts. Can’t let it get too heavy. Will be there late Friday evening and set up Saturday morning. Looking forward to putting faces together with everyone’s CJ2A page names.
Rod

Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep. 2022 at 9:27am
Yeah, good to meet the folks on here face to face. I still resemble the guy in my avatar but with a lot more mileage. 
Fltfndr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fltfndr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep. 2022 at 10:11am
Need your thoughts, bringing my flattie on trailer . How best to tow with top? full top with doors and rear curtain closed or open rear and no doors. Or any other suggestions?

Fltfndr
Fltfndr
jeepgod2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepgod2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep. 2022 at 11:54am
My opinion is doors and rear lid attached with a ratchet strap around the entire top including the windshield frame. Jeep facing forward on the trailer if possible. Just my thoughts. Aluminum toppers flex a lot and I have had doors come unlatched damaging my topper. The ratchet strap eliminates the potential hazard.
Rod
Ryan_289 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan_289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep. 2022 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by jeepgod2000 jeepgod2000 wrote:

Getting things loaded. More here than is possible to bring. I’ll be bringing hoods, grills, fenders, tailgates, bell cranks, military antenna, rifle mount, wheels, Dana 30 axle, some small NOS items, some new L134 rebuild parts, 2 L134 blocks, heads, Converto dump trailer, 24 volt generator, distributors, some M38 starter, and lots of small parts. Can’t let it get too heavy. Will be there late Friday evening and set up Saturday morning. Looking forward to putting faces together with everyone’s CJ2A page names.
Rod

You have a 3B hood and grill?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>