Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

26th Annual Spring Willys Reunion - Event Date: 18 May 2018 - 19 May 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 4:38am
Loved the video from BobEvans place . .  SO SAD I did not make it.    Hopefully some day.

At least I did get to park with these guys at Willys Reunion.   My tires were not muddy,  but they let me park in the middle of them.   A great bunch of guys.   I really enjoyed the weekend!!
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 4:59am
I have kicked myself over and over for not getting out of my seat to get camera/phone on Friday night at one point to try to capture a moment in time that my mind will hopefully never forget.

I can't attach a photo,  but will try to paint the picture with words.    After dark,  imagine a propane fire-pit near your feet,  the glow from it -> on good Jeeping friend's faces around the fire.   Off to the right,  are several '2A's with their grills reflecting the same fire.

Directly across from you is Jpet,  sharing some very entertaining conversation.  Behind him,  up high,  are some trees,  backlit with a bright light.  It really from a parking lot light,  but it would be so easy to be fooled into thinking it was the moon crescent in the sky just above that.

These reunions can be so much fun. 

Jpet does SO much to record these events for us.   I wish I could share a photo of him,  but you will just have to imagine it.  Smile  

willysreunion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willysreunion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 3:40am
Another successful Willys Reunion and the weather held out for us overall.

Official Spring Willys Reunion pictures are posted. 

Hope to see you all this Fall in Fulton, MO 
Art C

Willys Reunion Staff - (Web Administrator)

http://willysreunion.com/
Bob3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 9:26pm
Hi All, just a quick note to thank you all for coming to the reunion! Mindy and I have been quite busy putting things away and still filling orders and paying bills and such. I am going to put this engine on a pallet tonight and send it on the journey west. I know Aurora is quite a distance for some people to come but the venue is great and the hotel was great to work with. Mindy and I got there weds afternoon to start the show up and left sunday around noon. Also, the food truck chef was overwhelmed by the response and will be back next year and maybe even on friday. I do hope everyone had a great time. All of the work to put the show on is well worth it when you see everyone having such a great time, buying, selling, meeting new friends.
I also want to thank Joe Friday for bringing the giant tent up and setting it up, tearing it down and for the cam bearing! He provides so much for the show and asks nothing in return.
1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
William_cj3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote William_cj3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 12:19am
Bob, many thanks to you and Mindy, Jeff, 'Joe Friday' and all the others that contributed many hours and personal resources to make the Reunion such a success!  I had a great time at my second reunion and look forward to next year!

The 3B got a little tired on the way home (not as tired as me) but got me home safely.  See you all next year!
William in L.A. (NW FL)
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 5:32pm
Well, I'm finally home. Had a total blast at the reunion. The wheeling was awesome! Love the criticism on the YouTube video about our NDT tires! No criticism on the 30 cal machine gun though. They are pretty handy when you are wheeling.

The campfire conversations were a lot of fun. As usual, I stay up till midnight and then drag the rest of the day but it's worth it. Thanks to damar2yxr and bobevans, I know everything I need to know to be a dentist!!

Huge thanks to bobevans for letting us use his farm and for guiding us Thursday.

Thanks to Dave Eilers from eWillys for the awesome presentation on the Alaska trip

Thanks to Merlin, Joe, scoutpilot, Joe Friday, Lowenuf, ...and all the guys who contributed to the engine rebuild. I know I've missed several names there. Maybe Bob3b can add the rest.

Thanks to Sue and Monica. They are always there early to help with registration and the banquet.

Thanks to Kevin Banonis for the artwork and Art Contoni (48cj2a) for all his work on the website.

Huge thanks once again to Bob3b and Mindy for their hard work and dedication to the family reunion! U guys r the best!!
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 3:08am
Photos I took at this years spring reunion are up at:

Edited by BENSH - 25 May 2018 at 3:16am
    1945 CJ2a 11495
Bridog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bridog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 3:38am
Great pics!!!  I am hoping to catch the Fall Reunion which will be a little closer to home for me. 
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 11:59am
Those pics are gr8 Russ! Thx 4 posting!
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
mbjeeper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbjeeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 11:29pm
Great pics!  Thanks for posting them.
Has a great time 'wheeling, and as a first timer at the reunion.
Look forward to next time.
GB
Jeeps '42-'96
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 12:52am
I happened to be on Vacation when I realized that I was not that far away from the reunion. Good to finally meet Jeff (Jpet) and see Bam Bam. Good to see Bob C., even if it was for a moment as everyone was packing up.

Chatted with Mike S. for a while, ( Can't recall your screen name ) and left when the rains poured down.

Wish I could have spent more time there but just didn't have the time. ( Really wanted to watch them finish assembling the engine)

For those who have never attended a reunion, highly recommend going to one. Even if you don't bring a Jeep someone is always willing to give you a ride.
Stev View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 2:19am
More video of the Thursday Jeeping by MBJeeper.  Footage of JPet making it up the big hill in the end.

Stev
1946 CJ2A Trail Jeep (The Saint), 1948 CJ2A Lefty Restored
bobevans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 4:18am
Thanks Stev and Greg.
'48 CJ2A

'56 DJ3A

'79 CJ7

And two of them actually run!
Bob3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 8:39pm
Apparently the woman who nearly ripped the door off of her BMW on one of the trailers in the parking lot is the hotel's comptroller...explains her attitude the other day on the phone!
1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
48cj2a View Drop Down
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 9:36pm
Thought something didn't look right when I came out to hook it up....

Art C USAF (Retired)

47 CJ2A #134955 Project
48 CJ2A #206759
62 L6226 Station Wagon #58167 10900
45 T3-C #191 Project
http://www.bantamt3c.com
http://www.48cj2a.com
Freedom21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freedom21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 9:50pm
That should buff right out...  Ouch
09 JKU
02 KJ
66 CJ-5
48 CJ2A "Lefty"
?? M416
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2018 at 6:35am
Holy Mudhead, mackerel!
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2018 at 9:56am
Looks like they backed up a few times. Bummer!
    1945 CJ2a 11495
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213>