Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

28th Annual Spring Willys Reunion - CANCELLED - Event Date: 20 June 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willysreunion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: 28th Annual Spring Willys Reunion - CANCELLED
    Posted: 19 Feb. 2020 at 6:29pm
CANCELLED - due to the current COVID-19 Restrictions

Any Pre-Registrations will be refunded in full 

Stay Safe & Stay Healthy!

Announcing the 28th Annual Spring Willys Reunion will once again be held at the Bertram Inn located in historic Aurora, Ohio. As always, the show will host a large swap meet where vendors from all over the country will be selling New-Old-Stock and good used parts to help restore your Jeep and keep it original and on the road for years to come.

This year’s feature vehicle will be the Universal Jeep CJ5, which is celebrating it’s 65th year.

Our featured guest speaker this year is Phil Norvoid, owner of the Epic Willys Adventure (https://www.epicwillysadventure.comwhich is an invitation-only event where teams traveling in all-original vintage Jeeps, cruise America’s byways in a unique adventure - no GPS or cell phones allowed! This year’s trip will trace the route of the Oregon Trail. 

Our technical event will be a follow-up to last year’s T-90 transmission rebuild. Again, well known Willys Jeep collector and restoration expert, Joe Deyoung, will be rebuilding of a Dana 18 transfer case under the big-top tent in the vehicle display area. We will then raffle off the  transfer case during the banquet. 

This year, we would like to make a Jeep themed Christmas tree to donate to the Akron Children's Hospital Fund. They have a world renowned burn care unit. Each year, hundreds of trees are auctioned off in December to raise money to help the Children of Northeast Ohio. If you can, make or  find some Jeep related ornaments to decorate the tree or lights, toy Jeeps for under the tree and ornaments are all welcome.

Visit the website for more details.

http://willysreunion.com/

Edited by willysreunion - 05 May 2020 at 6:27pm
Art C

Willys Reunion Staff - (Web Administrator)

http://willysreunion.com/
sandusky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandusky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb. 2020 at 7:34pm
Count Joni and I in !
47heater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47heater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb. 2020 at 8:26pm
Linda & I have our room booked.
bobevans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb. 2020 at 4:28am
I'm in.  "The Farm" is available for wheelin' before hand if we want to.  
'48 CJ2A

'56 DJ3A

'79 CJ7

And two of them actually run!
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb. 2020 at 4:31am
Calendar marked!

Including Thursday,  wherever the off-roading event might be.  Smile

Edited by JeepFever - 22 Feb. 2020 at 5:27am
nofender View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb. 2020 at 10:27am
excellent! We're in!
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb. 2020 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by bobevans bobevans wrote:

I'm in.  "The Farm" is available for wheelin' before hand if we want to.  

Thanks Bob. We will plan on this for Plan B.

For Plan A, I'd really like to try and get into Southington again.

www.southingtonoffroad.com

It's only 21 miles from the hotel but they are only open the first weekend of each month. Does anyone following this thread have a connection with this group and know an inside guy who might be willing to chaperone us on a Thursday? Maybe one of you Facebookers could make a connection with them?   
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
bobevans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb. 2020 at 9:30pm
I agree with you Jeff, that would be MUCH nicer for most folks.
'48 CJ2A

'56 DJ3A

'79 CJ7

Millennium falcon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb. 2020 at 11:37pm
Andrea and I are in! Would love to do some wheeling again as well! 
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb. 2020 at 4:36am
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

Thanks Bob. We will plan on this for Plan B.

For Plan A, I'd really like to try and get into Southington again.

www.southingtonoffroad.com

It's only 21 miles from the hotel but they are only open the first weekend of each month. Does anyone following this thread have a connection with this group and know an inside guy who might be willing to chaperone us on a Thursday? Maybe one of you Facebookers could make a connection with them?   

I have some friends and family in the area . .  I sent out a few feelers this evening.    Also sent a request on their website.   If others do also,  they might think "who are these persistent Willys guys?"  LOL
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb. 2020 at 4:27am
I have been in VA for the past 40 years, but grew up very close to where the Southington OffRoad Park now exists.  In doing some digging into the offroad area,   it reminded me that there is a cool hiking area we used to go to as kids/teens.

If we can pull off doing the wheeling event on Thursday at SOR,  then I would love to take a small side trip to this park to relive some memories.

-or-

I wonder if this might be a fun Friday excursion?   Only 30 minutes away,  great place for picnic and maybe short scenic hike?

teaser photo (this is how I remember it)   

Edited by JeepFever - 23 Feb. 2020 at 4:41am
Millennium falcon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb. 2020 at 2:31pm
That would be fun. We’re always up for seeing new places. Is the route there Jeep friendly? That could be more fun then the difficult in town ride we did last year. Is the motel deal from last year still in place? 
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb. 2020 at 5:01am
I think the route would be Jeep friendly.       It is all country 2-lane . . .  if I remember ->  some of it is 45mph or less thru the small towns.   Some of it would be 55 mph,  so we might tick-off some anxious drivers if we cannot maintain that speed.

Basically 3 lefthand turns . .   Left out of Bertram parking lot to the center of Aurora . . .  there, make left on Rt82,  continue approx 16 miles, . . . then left on rt 282,  go approx 1 mile to destination.

Even I could probably get us there and back without "getting lost",  (unlike last year when my navigator Bill and I led a small group astray,  because we were gabbing and not paying attention LOL)

Nelson Ledges State Park.   

Edited by JeepFever - 23 Feb. 2020 at 5:36am
Bob3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2020 at 12:11am
If you want to captain the drive I'd be more than happy to have you do that. Virginia Kendall is a great place. Very nice place to walk and climb on rocks and hike. Let me know if you'd like to take that on.

Bob
1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2020 at 1:55am
Originally posted by Bob3b Bob3b wrote:

If you want to captain the drive I'd be more than happy to have you do that. Virginia Kendall is a great place. Very nice place to walk and climb on rocks and hike. Let me know if you'd like to take that on.

Bob

I was actually referring to Nelson Ledges,  but looks like that might be an alternative,  a similar distance away.    I have not been to Virginia Kendall,  and it has been MANY years since last visit to Nelson Ledges,  so it might be tough to compare.    If there is interest in a ride,  with a small hike at the end, I would be willing to lead it.   We just need to decide on which destination.

After looking at websites quickly,   I see that Nelson Ledges is now referred to as Nelson-Kennedy Ledges.  If anyone wants to look it up.     Back in the day,  Kennedy Ledges was a separate park
nofender View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2020 at 10:03am
http://parks.ohiodnr.gov/nelsonkennedyledges

Looks like a very interesting destination. I'd like to see it! Sounds cool. 
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
bobevans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb. 2020 at 4:04am
I've been talking with several northern Ohio Jeep buddies and sure seems like the pickin's are pretty slim.  Stev had some really nice trails on unimproved county roads around Hocking Hills, but that's 3.5 hours away!  Then I started asking around our club for a connection to Southington, but that guy kind of disappeared from our club.  I also joined Hall Of Fame online group only to find Bob Christy already there asking for leads on a place to wheel.  Anyone with a connection to Southington?
'48 CJ2A

'56 DJ3A

'79 CJ7

Bob3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb. 2020 at 3:38pm
I think Nelsons Ledges would be a nice little drive after dinner on Friday? Maybe drive over, optional hike for a while, drive back? I think that would be very cool. If you'd like to lead that PM me and we can make up some maps or something for people who want to go along.

Bob
1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>