Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 28th Annual Spring Willys Reunion May 21-22, 2021
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

28th Annual Spring Willys Reunion May 21-22, 2021 - Event Date: 21 May 2021 - 22 May 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr. 2021 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by Barry S Barry S wrote:

Last night I drove to Southington to try to make arrangements in person since this is an event weekend for them.  I got to see Emily again and meet Cheryl who takes care of scheduling.  They were both gracious and welcoming and went out of their way to accommodate our group on days not open to the public.  So, the arrangements are:  We can wheel on Thursday May 20 in the south section ONLY,  due to activity on the gun ranges in the north section.  We must enter off Rt. 82 and check in with Cheryl at the holster shop.  The address for your GPS is 10025 State Rt. 82 Windham, OH  44288.  It is just a driveway and easy to miss so here is a photo.  Look for the “truck entrance” sign.

They asked about times and numbers so I just guessed at 11am to 5pm and 12 to 20 jeeps.  They can be flexible but would like to have an idea ahead of time.  Please post your plans here so I can update with them.  Everyone MUST sign a waiver ahead of time – I’ve included a link.  

http://www.southingtonoffroad.com/rules---waiver.html

Cost is $25.00 per driver. 

If anyone would like to wheel on Friday May 21, they could use both the north and south sections.  Again, please post your plans so I can let them know.  On Friday you would have to enter from their normal entrance at 10321 Silica Sand Rd. Garrettsville OH, 44231.  Again, not much signage so here is a photo of the entrance.

I scouted 2 routes from place to place.  Southington Off Road Park is only 22 miles east of the Bertram Inn.  Rt.82 is a heavily traveled 2 lane and the way to go if you’re able to travel at highway speed or are towing a trailer.  If you want a more leisurely trip, Pioneer Trail Rd. is a rolling back road that runs parallel and just south of Rt. 82, and is perfect for Willys speed.  

For anyone who wants to clean their jeep up after wheeling, there is a 3 bay manual car wash right on the way in Garrettsville at the corner of Rt. 82 and Liberty St. behind the bowling alley.  There are 2 more car washes in Aurora not far from the hotel.

For those who wheeled last year and remember Dave from the park who hung out with us some, I put out the invite hoping he will wheel with us.  If he’s with us he might be able to take us up to the the north area away from the active ranges or at least up the rock garden where we camped.

-Barry

Nice work Barry,  thanks for doing that.  I am in also.

edit:  adding Barry's quote

Edited by JeepFever - 04 Apr. 2021 at 4:17am
waddle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waddle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr. 2021 at 10:10pm
Waddles are staying at Round Up Lake on Rt. 82 . We will arrive Wednesday after noonish. We're about 5 mi. form hotel, 17 mi. from trails.  Just signed waivers for Patty & myself.

Edited by waddle - 03 Apr. 2021 at 10:26pm
47heater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47heater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr. 2021 at 11:07pm
If I get my 3B finished I could go on Fri.
sandusky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandusky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr. 2021 at 1:35am
Room Reservation made . Sent Event Registration in Today !! Praying for Good Health and Great Weather! Drive Safe All
48cj2a View Drop Down
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr. 2021 at 3:11pm
One month from today...who's coming and let start a "I'm looking for a ??? list".
Art C USAF (Retired)

47 CJ2A #134955 Project
48 CJ2A #206759
62 L6226 Station Wagon #58167 10900
45 T3-C #191 Project
http://www.bantamt3c.com
http://www.48cj2a.com
Vintage Don View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vintage Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr. 2021 at 3:19pm
I'll be there, can't wait!

1946 VEC -

I need one more "solid disc" 16 x 4.5" rim.

Need a "keyed coil" set-up. I've got a NOS correct coil, need the base and bracket that attaches behind the dash.

Need an original spare tire mounting bracket.

Need an original "strap" to cover the brushes for the Generator, a GDZ-4817-A. Also would love to find the little ID tag for it to rivet on.

Need the parking brake cane handle - the style that attaches to the cable with a sleeve and pin, not the ball and hole.

Edited by Vintage Don - 21 Apr. 2021 at 3:24pm
sandusky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandusky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr. 2021 at 9:09pm
Rear Seat for a “48-51” Jeepster. Complete and Solid . Thanks 
Bill Norris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Norris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr. 2021 at 7:37pm
Looks like this will be the first one I miss completely in 21 years. Cry

Bill 
Holy Toledo! Jeep Calendars and the Dispatcher Jeep magazine

http://dispatchermagazine.com
lowenuf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowenuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr. 2021 at 8:20pm
Bill, sorry to hear of this :(

I will be in the market for a set of early 2A ties rods, ones that install onto the MB style tie rod arms...

A PTO shield

Possibly a steel or paper drum pulley... (I know, I know.... get in line..... lol )

Edited by lowenuf - 22 Apr. 2021 at 8:22pm
45 #10012
45 #10033 ACM #47
45 #10163 ACM #188
57 CJ5    Dauntless V6, T-18 4-speed, D-44 rear/D-30 front, D-20 twin stick

mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr. 2021 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by lowenuf lowenuf wrote:

A PTO shield

Possibly a steel or paper drum pulley... (I know, I know.... get in line..... lol )

Oh, I wanna get in these two lines LOL

(though I'll probably be tied up in the NOS tire chain line, or the KS governor line, or the... and they always seem to run out right when I get there Confused )

Anyone going that also owns a late 43 MB, maybe november?  Asking for a friend Wink
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
48cj2a View Drop Down
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 9:28am
Two weeks away...looking forward to seeing everyone! 

Can't believe its been two years...
Art C USAF (Retired)

47 CJ2A #134955 Project
48 CJ2A #206759
45 T3-C #191 Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Norris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 1:33pm
Looks like I will be able to attend after all, although be it pretty brief. Glad to at least get out for a bit.

That said, I'm looking for a Hy-Lo double pulley for the generator as well as the dash mounting bracket for the control rod. Pie in the sky- looking for a center link and J-hooks for a Newgren lift.

Thanks,
Bill

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vintage Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by Bill Norris Bill Norris wrote:

Looks like I will be able to attend after all, although be it pretty brief. Glad to at least get out for a bit.

That said, I'm looking for a Hy-Lo double pulley for the generator as well as the dash mounting bracket for the control rod. Pie in the sky- looking for a center link and J-hooks for a Newgren lift.

Thanks,
Bill

Bill, I know a guy with a fairly complete Newgren setup that came to him recently on a '46 parts Jeep. I told him what you're looking for, trying to get him to come to Aurora.

Edited by Vintage Don - 11 May 2021 at 8:25pm
Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 12:35am
Originally posted by Vintage Don Vintage Don wrote:

Thanks,
Bill

Bill, I know a guy with a fairly complete Newgren setup that came to him recently on a '46 parts Jeep. I told him what you're looking for, trying to get him to come to Aurora.

WAIT !!!  Does this mean I can finally say that I know someone that KNOWS SOMEONE?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Norris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 8:30am
Don,

That would be awesome! Thanks for doing that for me. 

Joe, I believe it would be I know a guy that knows a guy. 

Bill

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vintage Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 9:01am

Don,

That would be awesome! Thanks for doing that for me. 

Joe, I believe it would be I know a guy that knows a guy. 

Bill

Bill - I'll send you a PM. 

Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 9:21am
Bill, Thanks for the edit!  That's what I was thinking. It's much funnier when you get the quote right.
48cj2a View Drop Down
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 11:10am
I used to know a guy who knows a guy, but he forgot his name...

...so I still know a guy but he no longer knows the guy.

Could you interduce me to the guy you know that knows a guy so I can still say that I know a new guy whos knows a guy?
Art C USAF (Retired)

47 CJ2A #134955 Project
48 CJ2A #206759
45 T3-C #191 Project
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>