Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 28th Annual Spring Willys Reunion May 21-22, 2021
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

28th Annual Spring Willys Reunion May 21-22, 2021 - Event Date: 21 May 2021 - 22 May 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 5:23pm
Thanks everyone for coming to the show and making it what is was. I probably did not get a chance to talk and visit with all of you. Every time I tried to make my way down the parking lot I got stopped by someone! I ended up going through the hotel to get to the other end of the lot!
Thanks also for buying up bob g’s parts! The money will go to a good cause.
1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 9:29pm
Safely home, 12 hours door to door Confused... I knew it would be worth it Wink  Huge thanks to the crew that makes it go Thumbs Up  It was great to feel normal.  Dave's right, there was kind of a seamless reboot seeing everyone again, but in every conversation snippets of each persons individual experience with the last 18 months... some good, some not...  

Pleasure shaking some new hands this year, the help and information is invaluable, and I really enjoy finding new blood in the hobby.
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2021 at 11:19am
Gr8 time guys!

I’m not sure what the final count was but it had to be over 70. I counted 65 actual vintage Jeeps on the lot at one time. The weather was very nice. I wish it would always be like that so we could have the Saturday gathering outside all the time. Along with the ones who have already been mentioned, I’d like to thank Scott Gilbert for all the hard work he did, John the jeepsterman for paying for the dinner, and Barry S. for setting up Southington. The owner, Dave, attended the reunion and we now have a permanent wheeling spot for Thursday or perhaps Friday evening. Brenda received Bob Gallager’s posthumous Toledo Brick Award.

Again, thanks everyone. I’m still in Pennsylvania working but I was glad to get a couple weekends of wheeling in and to meet everyone again.

Here are a couple picks from Southington and one from Wolf’s Den Run in Maryland:

CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2021 at 12:56pm
All good pics, but I really like the last one. You look like you're just driving down down the road to the ice cream shop. Clap
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
Vintage Don View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vintage Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2021 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by damar2yxr damar2yxr wrote:

... I was SO excited when that little orange creamsicle fired up. Absolute, complete joy... 

Vintage Don Williams who was like an attack dog from the git go. He never quit. He bit down and didn’t let up.”

Hahaha - that was great! I totally love doing stuff like that, a little challenge. One of the very best parts of the whole Meet for me was how thrilled you were when that little Go-Devil settled down into a nice, smooth idle. And getting to know you a bit.

(Don't forget to tighten up that Distributor hold-down bolt we left loose).

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2021 at 1:58pm
Also, I got ducked again

CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2021 at 2:45pm
Those ducks sure get around! Oddly enough, 650miles south of your location I got 'ducked' as well! (although the white one seems to be something of an, uh, odd duck)

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
Thisoldwillys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thisoldwillys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2021 at 4:51pm
Best show ever, working on orange crushed was a big draw and popular activity. Honestly I’d pay for the ability to trouble shoot and sip cocktails at will, wait I do pay, just in other ways.

My favorite part of the trip was seeing the jeeps in January crew, after the nuclear winter. 
sandusky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandusky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2021 at 9:26pm
A Fantastic Event ! Thanks ! Weather was Very Good. People were Excellent! 
Spangenwerks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spangenwerks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2021 at 7:39am
Great to see it run! The paint scheme is priceless, and easy to maintain. You made me think that instead of building mine I should have trailered all the parts to the reunion and sat back, would be like watching ants build a hill!😁
Ron Spangenberg
51 CJ3A- L134, D18, Disc Brakes, rear lockrites
47 CJ2A, original, unrestored
48cj2a View Drop Down
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2021 at 12:39pm
We did have a great turn out, about 71 Willys showed up to the Spring Reunion. I loaded the pictures to the website yesterday and have a few more to review including the off-road outing on Thursday. Visit willysreunion.com and click the Spring Photos link. I also ask you to place September 10-11 on your schedules and join us for the Fall Willys Reunion in Fulton, MO (info also on the webpage). I personally scored two more 1945 Bantam Trailers.
Art C USAF (Retired)

47 CJ2A #134955 Project
48 CJ2A #206759
62 L6226 Station Wagon #58167 10900
45 T3-C #191 Project
http://www.bantamt3c.com
http://www.48cj2a.com
Millennium falcon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2021 at 4:57pm
What a great event! Thank you to everyone that made it possible! Here’s a video of our experience! It’s a trip I won’t soon forget! 

DesertDog48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DesertDog48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2021 at 6:48pm
What a GREAT event. It was our first time. Met lots of friendly folks. So many nice Jeeps. It was great to put faces and names with Jeeps I've read about and watched videos of. That was really cool. Hope to make it an annual trip and go on the trail ride next time. Old Ruby enjoyed it too!!
48 CJ2A
83 CJ7 Lerado
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 11:08am
What's the deal with the ducks? I have not heard of that Confused
- Don't Let The Fatherless Ones Grind You Down -
- I like them stock, survivor's with original paint are my favorites -
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 12:16pm
Here ya go.....

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

Vintage Don View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vintage Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by rocnroll rocnroll wrote:

Here ya go.....

My wife's Daily Driver is a 2019 Wrangler 2 door, in Mojito Green (it's what she picked out). She's been 'ducked' FOUR TIMES already in the time she's had it. She gets all excited when it happens! Haha

rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 12:49pm
What I see is a way for the 'little ones' to be involved....like you said its sort of a 'feel good' thing.

The biggest payback for me is the youngest granddaughter (soon to be 5) goes straight to the shelf I keep mine on when she comes over to see if there has been a new addition.  Big smile

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 2:24pm
If it brings joy to people, I'm all for it. Thanks for the info! Thumbs Up
- Don't Let The Fatherless Ones Grind You Down -
- I like them stock, survivor's with original paint are my favorites -
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>