Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Trading Post
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2a pass.seat for 3a pass seat

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonoblast77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2a pass.seat for 3a pass seat
    Posted: 13 July 2020 at 11:27pm
I'm curious if anyone local, st. Louis area, has a 3a passenger seat frame and would trade for a 2a passenger seat frame. I guess if it comes to it ill make the 2a frame into a 3a frame. Thanks Wade.
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug. 2020 at 9:04pm
Not too hard to adapt the 2A frame to fit a 3A tub. You can splice in a 2" piece of tubing on the front legs to put the seat back where it rests on the wheel house bracket. If you reinforce the splices with a smaller tube or pipe inside the tubing then grind down the welds the splice can be made nearly invisible. 

I did the opposite to fit a M38 driver side frame into my 2A. In this case the outboard leg is 2" too long. I cut 2" out of the leg and used the cut out 2" piece to make the reinforcement inside the tube by making a cut length wise and compressing the piece to fit inside the frame tube, then welded it with a MIG welder.
If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
sonoblast77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonoblast77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug. 2020 at 10:25pm
I already converted it. I just flipped the bottom cross tubes over, to lower the bottom cushion, and shortend the little leg, and called it good. The tub is an early reproduction so the front to back floor dimensions and wheel well are screwy anyways.
 Post Reply Post Reply