Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Auction Listings / Classified Ads/ Jeeps for Sale Sightings!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

$300 cj2a frame with title

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3A Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: $300 cj2a frame with title
    Posted: 22 Mar. 2020 at 8:49pm

There was a time when I would have been happy to find this. Maybe someone else is "there" now.

Edited by russnj - 22 Mar. 2020 at 11:22pm
51 CJ3A
51 Willys Wagon
chasendeer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chasendeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar. 2020 at 9:37pm
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar. 2020 at 9:58pm
Copy and paste right into the browser.  That frame (with axles!) looks like a really good deal.  So far away, though.
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Kulpfarm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kulpfarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar. 2020 at 10:17pm
Any major difference between a 46 and a 48 frame?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar. 2020 at 10:53pm
Shock mount construction and how the front bumper is attached and thickness of steel ('46 will be a touch thinner than '48).  Might be more.
Kulpfarm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kulpfarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar. 2020 at 11:07pm
Thanks for the info
rcrhea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rcrhea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar. 2020 at 1:23am
Originally posted by chasendeer chasendeer wrote:

https://baltimore.craigslist.org/pts/d/carlisle-1946-willys-cj2a-frame-and/7096503190.html

For some reason it does not like the link???

https://baltimore.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=cj2a&sort=rel

Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar. 2020 at 1:49am
Originally posted by Ol' Unreliable Ol' Unreliable wrote:

Shock mount construction and how the front bumper is attached and thickness of steel ('46 will be a touch thinner than '48).  Might be more.

Sorta, and/or maybe. The frame was changed in mid-to-late ‘48, and after that what Ol’ Un says is true. For most of ‘48, the frame is the same as all the rest from ‘45 and up.   

BW 
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
Spinnas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spinnas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar. 2020 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by Ol' Unreliable Ol' Unreliable wrote:

Bell crank pivot/mount

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar. 2020 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by Spinnas Spinnas wrote:

Bell crank pivot/mount

This one I know came with serial # 199XXX (exact # unknown to me but it's in the service manual) but I thought the frame was the same as the '46 otherwise.  Obviously I could easily be mistaken.  If so, ignore what I said.  Smile
Kulpfarm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kulpfarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar. 2020 at 12:15am
Wish this was near me. I would buy it
 Post Reply Post Reply