Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Wanted to Buy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'46 CJ2 Air Induction System

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OUTLAW 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: '46 CJ2 Air Induction System
    Posted: 08 Feb. 2007 at 4:38pm
Hey Guys,
   Anybody out there got a complete air cleaner system for a '46 CJ? I need the whole thing from the carb cap to the air cleaner itself and mounting bracket. I can probably manage the rubber parts if you don't have them. The one on it was in a box with a big cut in it. It's approx a foot tall and 8 inches across. Haven't got the name off it yet but I will and edit this post.

Thanx, Jim
J.C. OUTLAW
USAF Retired
'46 CJ2A//NUMEROUS OTHER TOYS
SAC MOTTO: "PEACE IS OUR PROFESSION; IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE IT, WE'LL BOMB THE HELL OUTTA YA".
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb. 2007 at 7:32pm
It  took me a while to round up all the parts, Jim, but finally got them all. I never did find all of it in one place, but if you work at it all the parts are out there, and this is the place to find them. It is all available aftermarket, but I don't know what the quality is like. If the quality is decent and you're not after a 100% restoration, the repop may be the way to go.  BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
OUTLAW 1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OUTLAW 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb. 2007 at 7:46pm
Hey Bruce,,
  I don't have anything now but an open carb hole. Don't really want to buy any aftermarket hot rod junk to put on it even for a little while. Just kinda hoping someone had one lying around. I called the guy today that someone posted last week who supposedly had a barn full of jeep stuff. Said he sold everything he had. If I have to, I'll buy repro stuff. If I take it down south to the Alamosa area the micro dust will chew it up from the inside out without a good filter. I figure the oil bath would be best for that climate. Hopefully someone will ring in for me.

Thanx, Jim
J.C. OUTLAW
USAF Retired
SAC MOTTO: "PEACE IS OUR PROFESSION; IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE IT, WE'LL BOMB THE HELL OUTTA YA".
46CJ2A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 46CJ2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb. 2007 at 8:16am

Jim,

I'm picking up a "46 tomorrow.  I know it has the oil bath part, but not sure about the rest.  I'll post a picture if it looks okay.

Jack  
1949 CJ3A
1951 M38
OUTLAW 1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OUTLAW 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb. 2007 at 10:59am
Cool deal Jack,

Let me know.

Thanx, Jim
J.C. OUTLAW
USAF Retired
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb. 2007 at 7:30pm
See? I tol'ja didn't I?Wink.  BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
OUTLAW 1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OUTLAW 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb. 2007 at 8:21pm

Yu Da Man, BWClap

By the way, who's the member in Lafayette? Don't know if I talked to him in the forum or not. It's been more than 20 minutes. You know, CRS and all. Lafayette is only about 8 miles away.

Edited by OUTLAW 1 - 09 Feb. 2007 at 8:34pm
J.C. OUTLAW
USAF Retired
OUTLAW 1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OUTLAW 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb. 2007 at 8:25pm
Hey Jack,
  I checked with the local jeep guy I deal with. He actually has all the parts except for the oil bath part, NIB for a good price. If you want to sell just that part, that would be great. And if so, how much. You can PM me or oojimmyc@aol.com and we can hash it out.

Thanx, Jim
J.C. OUTLAW
USAF Retired
 Post Reply Post Reply