Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'46 Weed Sprayer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kossak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct. 2017 at 8:31pm
Yah lots and lots of waves, especially from all the classic cars driving around town on weekends.  This is something I never expected in a million years, all the attention.  When I go to The Beer Store (this is Canada! we don't sell beer everywhere here!), It takes me about 20 minutes just to get in the front door with my empties! and another 20 minutes on the back end with a new 2-4!  Its just amazing everyone has a story about one they want to tell you.  
I think the most fun is driving it through town with the windshield folded down mid summer, that's  a blast, and gets lots of attention at all the red lights! Yesterday I had it out for one more run around town, and don't know if I will drive it again this year cause its gettin' chilly now and wet.  That means deer season...
Not sure what I'm gonna name her yet. got a few in mind and I'll know it when it sounds right.  Can't keep calling it "her".
46 CJ2A 68553
86 CJ7 (restored & sold)
15 JKU
shulls1stcj2a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shulls1stcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2018 at 8:37pm
I was admiring your build, I did not see anywhere any info on the pasture green color, maybe I missed it. Is it possible to let us know what brand of paint and color you used, or mix numbers.
Thank you
Steve
Ca.
JohnB View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2018 at 8:52pm
X2 - Thanks!
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2018 at 9:02pm
(From Apr 10 '17)

Originally posted by Kossak Kossak wrote:

... Finally think I have it now, the Pasture Green that is.  I used a code left by one of our compatriots herein, but ended up mixing more yellow in to come closer to the original metal left form the body. It is PPG single stage Delfleet #410870 to start. The samples were pretty protected over the years so I don't think it faded any.
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
Kossak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kossak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2018 at 1:43am
I’m going to dig up the codes for my Pasture Green for you folks and post it...
46 CJ2A 68553
86 CJ7 (restored & sold)
15 JKU
Kossak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kossak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct. 2018 at 1:43am
for those asking...
Finally found the recipe for pasture green that I used....
(sorry cant seem to rotate this one)

46 CJ2A 68553
86 CJ7 (restored & sold)
15 JKU
Kossak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kossak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr. 2019 at 11:11pm
Cleaning up the garage, and letting go of some spare parts.
Is anyone out there looking for Warn Summer Hubs?
I have a set for 300$ Canadian.  Guess that’s about $250 USD.
OBO.  
46 CJ2A 68553
86 CJ7 (restored & sold)
15 JKU
Kossak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kossak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr. 2019 at 11:17pm
Bearings are ok...
Bruise on one side.  Never got around to building it up and fixing it.

46 CJ2A 68553
86 CJ7 (restored & sold)
15 JKU
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234