Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'47 2A - a little bit of rock climbing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: '47 2A - a little bit of rock climbing
    Posted: 22 Sep. 2015 at 2:15am
I had the opportunity to got to a pig roast/4x4 event in e. Mass held by the Mass Mudders association.  This was a little bit of a warm up for this weekend when I get to take the 2A to Rausch Creek in Pa.  First time up the "easy" side of the hill, not too much of a problem. 

down hill...

2nd try at it later.... not so smooth

fun day either way.  Replaced front axle with a spare Spicer.  Any thoughts on Rzeppa vs. Spicer strength?  Ready for Rausch Creek!

smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep. 2015 at 3:44pm
Fun stuff. Thanks for sharing.
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
Grey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep. 2015 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by smfulle smfulle wrote:

Fun stuff. Thanks for sharing.

your videos were inspiringClap
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep. 2015 at 2:50am
I love getting my little 60 hp rig up places that the high dollar outfits don't always make.
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep. 2015 at 5:38am
Great videos! There's a very small percentage of those who use their Jeeps like Jeeps instead of pampering them in the corner of the garage. It looks like you had a blast, keep the videos coming.
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep. 2015 at 5:50am
Originally posted by Nick_ Nick_ wrote:

Great videos! There's a very small percentage of those who use their Jeeps like Jeeps instead of pampering them in the corner of the garage. It looks like you had a blast, keep the videos coming.

Well said

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
mictat2214 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mictat2214 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep. 2015 at 4:57pm
Well, some of us Cj owners simply like to take a spin in a piece of history; others like to simply take a spin amongst the boulders, crevices, mud and the like.... Personally, altho I respect other's choices, I like my pretty much original, '46 w/column shift awaiting in the garage... nice videos, btw.

Edited by mictat2214 - 24 Sep. 2015 at 5:30pm
jeeper50 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeeper50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep. 2015 at 10:19pm
I grenaded a bendix years ago with a locker in the front, it trashed the outer half and swelled the spindle internally so I had to work to get the hub off. bought a set of spicers axle to install and never looked back or had anymore issues running a locker in the front. 

Belleview ol skool winch soon.
'48 CJ2A 283 V8 sm 420 granny low, tera low D18, overdrive,lockers

Texan at heart,Alabama by retirement

Bill Norris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Norris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2015 at 1:57am
If I remember right, the Rzeppas were the weakest of the three.

Bill
Holy Toledo! Jeep Calendars and the Dispatcher Jeep magazine

http://dispatchermagazine.com
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug. 2016 at 12:31pm
Not sure how I missed this. Cool video! Lots of respect from me for the guys going for it with open differentials
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
 Post Reply Post Reply