Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Auction Listings / Classified Ads/ Jeeps for Sale Sightings!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

47 CJ2A Barn Sitting Greenleaf, KS 6/22

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jagular7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 47 CJ2A Barn Sitting Greenleaf, KS 6/22
    Posted: 19 June 2019 at 4:52pm
Jagular7
KC Metro
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2019 at 5:56pm
Nice find! Thumbs Up Thanks for sharing.
- Don't Let The Fatherless Ones Grind You Down -
- I like them stock, survivor's with original paint are my favorites -
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2019 at 6:26pm
How long ago was it covered in mud before it was stashed in the barn for how many years?  Just wondering...
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2019 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by Ol' Unreliable Ol' Unreliable wrote:

How long ago was it covered in mud before it was stashed in the barn for how many years?  Just wondering...

That's not mud...... It's POOP!!! LOL 
- Don't Let The Fatherless Ones Grind You Down -
- I like them stock, survivor's with original paint are my favorites -
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2019 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by ggordon49 ggordon49 wrote:

That's not mud...... It's POOP!!! LOL 

A possibility I had not considered... Sick  Smile
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Stev View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2019 at 10:05pm
Stuff stored in barns in the Mid West - especially grain farms - get covered in dust.  It is a farming thing here.  Enough years and it just gets thick.  The good thing is if it is dry the paint on that old Jeep just might be in remarkable shape.  Seats look like someone tried to cover them keep them clean with sacks or some kind of sheeting.  Again a dust thing.

Edited by Stev - 19 June 2019 at 10:07pm
Stev
1946 CJ2A Trail Jeep (The Saint), 1948 CJ2A Lefty Restored
wheelie View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheelie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2019 at 12:48am
Wow. Wish I was closer. Or was able to make the drive. Curious to see what that brings.
russnj View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russnj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2019 at 2:57am
Quote "1947 Willys Jeep CJ2a, civilian, much work done, stored inside."

What did it look like before?

43 MB, 48 CJ2A, 50 CJ3A, 55 M38A1, 56 CJ5, 79 M151A2, M100 ,65 M416
AKoller View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKoller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2019 at 3:39am
Originally posted by russnj russnj wrote:

Quote "1947 Willys Jeep CJ2a, civilian, much work done, stored inside."

What did it look like before?

That's what I was wondering! It must have been "much work" getting it out of the barn. 

That is only just under 2 hours from my place. I sure wish I was available on Saturday to go take a look.
1950 CJ3A "Thumper"
1966 M151 A1
1942 GPW #70221
SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2019 at 2:59pm
Just normal Kansas barn dust for something stored in a barn without a tarp over it. I would almost be willing to bet that the pack rats have made off with most of the wiring.

About 3 1/2 hours from where I live, I may have to take a trip upstate with my trailer. One can never have too many jeeps...can they?
46 CJ-2A #64462 "Ol' Red" (bought April 1969)(second owner)(12 V, 11" brakes, M-38 frame, MD Juan tub)

U.S. Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer(ret.)
U.S. Army Vietnam veteran and damned proud of it.

jagular7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jagular7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2019 at 12:03am
I truly want to go and get it. I missed out on a mod'd one that was running last Saturday. Missed that auction, saw the Willys posted in Marketplace next day! Went to meet seller noonish on Monday at a gas station, was 12mins late, and he was upset. Wouldn't deal with me. Saw it posted on one of my FB Willys groups that it was bought. 

It has a Pinto engine, T90, D18, some wider axles (closed knuckle/drummed front), fuel tank moved to rear cargo with cut access hole through tailgate, fixed aluminum hardtop. Since stock front suspension was offset of frame to accommodate the wider axle, I was thinking Willys sedan or truck axles. The rear matched but was still diff offset as well. 

Jagular7
KC Metro
jagular7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jagular7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2019 at 8:46pm
Did anyone go? Know what it went for?

I can call the auctioneer tomorrow. 
Jagular7
KC Metro
SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2019 at 8:54pm
I decided not to go. Severe thunderstorms with very high winds and lots of rain were forecast. Not good to be out in with a 16 foot trailer.   
46 CJ-2A #64462 "Ol' Red" (bought April 1969)(second owner)(12 V, 11" brakes, M-38 frame, MD Juan tub)

U.S. Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer(ret.)
U.S. Army Vietnam veteran and damned proud of it.

wheelie View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheelie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2019 at 9:48pm
Best time to be at an auction.......when almost nobody else is there. 
TMRoper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMRoper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2019 at 12:36pm
I live in central Oklahoma and I went(5 1/2 hrs.). The road getting there was bad but passable , went home in a horrible thunderstorm in witchta. The auctioneer said they had 3” of rain the day before. So decided if I don’t go it will haunt me ,This was one of the nicest 2a’s I have seen in awhile Normandy blue with red wheels no hole in the floor or hat channels. A family member bought it $3900.00 asked her later how high she would’ve gone , said whatever it took ,had a lot of memories in it, so got that it went to the family. 

jagular7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jagular7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2019 at 3:09am
TMRoper

thanks for the information. Sorry it didn't pan out for you. Glad its stayed in a 'family'. 
Jagular7
KC Metro
 Post Reply Post Reply