Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

48 2A running rough - Resolved

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 11:11am
Thanks for that info drm.  I've read about condenser checking instruments, but I don't think I've ever seen one.  I may sacrifice a multimeter fuse to try that test.  For the sake of science.

Yes, the coil has an internal resistor.  I haven't specifically felt the coil when this happens, but I will certainly be checking that this weekend.  I've also not checked for spark when it is running rough.  I have hooked up the timing light and it is definitely sending enough current through the wires to signal the light. 
cpt logger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpt logger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 2:21pm
Just for grins, the next time it starts to sputter, listen closely while you take off the gas cap. If you hear air being sucked in, your gas cap's vent is plugged. If this is the case, try running the Jeep with the gas cap off. If it runs fine for a long time, you need to unplug the vent.

This would explain the low fuel level in the glass.
Kenw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 9:31pm
New condenser--- Winner, winner!

Replaced only the condenser. Fired up immediately and ran great all weekend. 
Speedometer is not working so unknown miles, but we burned about 3/4 of a tank of gas...

Thanks for all the suggestions.
 On to the next fix. Speedo, apparently. Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12