Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

!948 Lefty

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricksslatts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: !948 Lefty
    Posted: 17 Jan. 2008 at 3:38am

Hello everyone....been awhile since I posted.....I hardly ever miss a day checking in on the 2A page. Sure has been some nice jeeps been found by various members, and newbys. I picked this 48 2A up a couple of months ago, thought I would show all of you a pict. This is what I would call an early "LEFTY"
Firewall serial # 173313
Missing body tag #
Body Gusset  #  172465
Tailgate         #   172465
Engine           #   193933
All 5 original 15" wheels.....I even got what was left of the original frame, minus a couple if rods, and what was left of the original canvas....Someone had set a battery on the tailgate and it corroded a hole thru it.....Thats a 48 lefty in the background also....
Rick
westforkboyd View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westforkboyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan. 2008 at 6:50am
Another lefty and a nice one too Rick. I remember a while back you said you were getting one. Looks to be in great shape. They must be a little hard to find out there but you seem to be able to ferret them out. Top bows with it too...how lucky can you get (even with a black cat)?

WFB

Oh yea mine dosen't have the body/toe gusset number so sometime between our numbers they must have dropped it.
'48 CJ-2A #184135 Lefty
'49 CJ-2A #219719 Mule
'39 Ford 9N
'55 Oliver Super 55 Ollybelle
ricksslatts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricksslatts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan. 2008 at 9:32am

Yeah, WBF, I think we talked about our serial numbers quite a while back. The blue one has serial number 183741 on firewall plate, so we are pretty close. I found another 2A yesterday...It is a late 47 or early 48. No serial number, and I forgot what the body gusset number was. It was either 143xxx or 145xxx. I'm going to do a little horse trading for this one. That ole black cat is a stray that found a good home. I feed her well, for guarding my Jeep.......

Rick
p3ferris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p3ferris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan. 2008 at 3:33am
This is what my lefty looks like.  It was a lot worse than yours in the beginning .  Double click pic for inlargment
Ed
cj2a lefty
ricksslatts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricksslatts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan. 2008 at 10:46am

Hi Ed...  looks like your jeep has the original wheels. I know where there is one of these 48 leftys in a barn, not far from me.....The owner will probably never sell it, but it sure is in good shape...Thanks for the pict...

Rick
 Post Reply Post Reply