Forum Home Forum Home > Bantam Trailer - Discussion - For Sale - Wanted > Bantam Trailer - Tech Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adding Shocks to a Bantam T3-C

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote signsup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr. 2018 at 4:54pm
The original shock mount is the rectangular version that a previous post has reproduced, NOT the curved rounded mount that is on the WWII jeeps.  Two bolts and nuts through the side of the frame and through the shock mount and one nut that attaches to a threaded rod or fixed bolt thread through the bottom of the shock mount and the frame.
Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?
signsup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote signsup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr. 2018 at 4:58pm
The lower shock mount is on the U bolt plate as mentioned in a previous post.  The rod is on the rear of the plate and on the inside of the leaf spring.  Rubber bushing inside of shock absorber ring, then a large flat washer and then a cotter pin through the rod holds the shock in place.  I created a tool out of PVC plastic pipe end cap with notches in it to use with a C clamp to compress the rubber bushing and then slip the octter pin through the notches in the PVC cap.
signsup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote signsup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr. 2018 at 5:02pm
And, here on my 46 T3C are the three holes needed to install the shock mount.  I can take measurements if anyone does not have the holes, but from feel, the back edge of the shock mount inside the frame rails is almost flush with the spring hanger bracket.  If not flush, it's within 1/4".  I was surprised at the angle of the shock absorber when in place.  I just presumed it would be almost straight up and down.

Hope all this helps.
mickeykelley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickeykelley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr. 2018 at 10:51pm
So I looked on my trailer and it does not have the holes.  Can you get some measurements so we have one on file?
emah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr. 2018 at 11:22pm
my T3C doesn’t have any holes either. Only the early military T3 came with shocks.  Measurements would be appreciated por favor👍🏽
1947 Bantam T3C
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic