Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Modifications from original
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adv Adapters for Muncie

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slowtwitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adv Adapters for Muncie
    Posted: 24 Apr. 2023 at 8:54pm
Anyone running a Muncie to D18 and have the AA kit? I think it's model '1001'.

Working on one now and curious about what cross member mount they used in the kit. Also curious about some disassembly aspects.
Slowtwitch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slowtwitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2023 at 1:27pm
They got back with me via their contact form. Seems as though they have used the same mount on many of their kits through the years and have it available on their site. The stars are aligned.
duffer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2023 at 5:17pm
Yep, pretty sure that was the very first adapter they made.  I purchased it in 1975 and that mainshaft/tail housing still resides in my 3B but the only Muncie parts left are the side cover and shift forks.  The rest of it is Auto Gear Equipment.

Over the years, I have changed that mounting a couple of times and don't remember what the current mount application was for.
1955 3B: 441sbc,AGE 4 speed transmission, Teralow D18w/Warn OD, 4.11:1 D44's/ARB's, glass tub & fenders, aluminum hood/grill, 8274, York OBA, Premier Power Welder; 67 CJ5: 225,T86AA, D18, 4.88's, OD
Slowtwitch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slowtwitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2023 at 5:30pm
Yeah, I figured it was fairly old. This one is in a 3b also.. currently rebuilding the tranny and case.

Guy got a 327 and Muncie out of a crashed Corvette years ago and stuffed them in the 3B.. tranny is a 64-65 model.

Very pleased they still sell the mounts... old one was beyond trashed.
 Post Reply Post Reply