Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Albright winch solenoid

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drm101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Albright winch solenoid
    Posted: 13 Jan. 2021 at 9:06pm
I need a solenoid for my Warn 5687 Winch. I was going to buy a contactor type solenoid but it looks they are designed for winches that run two directions. Can I wire one of these to run my winch? If not, is there a solenoid you would recommend for my 5687?
Thanks!
Dean  
Dean
'47 CJ2A "Mud Hen"
The less the Power the More the Force
drm101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drm101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 2021 at 2:48pm
I ordered an Albright SU280-1066P. I think it will do the job. 
Dean
'47 CJ2A "Mud Hen"
OnlyOneDR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnlyOneDR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 2021 at 8:33pm
Did not catch this one fast enough.  Yes, the bi-directional contactors can be used for one-way operation; there are some terminals you just will not utilize.  I have contactors on both the M8274 and the M8000 on my Nissan.  They are great; they work every time I need them without fail.  I had nothing but issues with the solenoids on the M8274 before I switched over.  There was always some problem with the solenoids closing or the little tie-bars that go inbetween them.
Searching for time to put it all together...
1950 CJ-3A #37751 In Pieces
1969 Chevy Blazer Resto-Mod Waiting for its day...
2001 Nissan Frontier Crawler Adventure Rig
drm101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drm101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan. 2021 at 4:35pm
Thanks for letting me know your experience and info! There are a ton of Chinese bi-directionals on ebay for like $40, and I was considering one of those, but after going to Albright's website and reviewing all the info, I went that direction. I really like it when companies have all their specs and info online. Plus they sell them on Ebay thru this Arc-components company.  
Dean
'47 CJ2A "Mud Hen"
 Post Reply Post Reply