Forum Home Forum Home > Suggestions, Comments and Testing > Product Review Forum > Brakes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Another repro rant

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another repro rant
    Posted: 11 May 2012 at 9:14am
So I decided I'ad had enough the the brake pedal flop and decided to change the pedal and shaft. I got the parts from 4wd hardware, of course they are Omix-Ada. It's a pretty straightforward job, but their brake arm does not line up with the hole in the floor. It does not have the same bends at all. I have to take it back off, heat it up, bend it, and put it back on.
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
duffer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 10:18am
If the Omijunk shaft is the right diameter, maybe it would be better to bore and bush your original pedal arm.  I flat will not buy any of their crap anymore.  I can't think of anything that actually fit or didn't fail within a couple of years.  Shifter boots-may as well use a paper sack-same longevity.
42 gpw, 47 2A, 49 3A, 55 3B, 68 CJ5, 5 FC's, 2 wagons, and sort of a Jeep-2012 JKU-R
garage gnome View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garage gnome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 7:38pm
Yeah, OMIX stuff is junk. I absolutely can't stand it. I will either look for a good original or check Walcks to see if it is made in America. During my restoration, I scavenged a ton of original parts from my 3 junkers. Surprisingly, my jeep is mostly original. Biggest non original is the body.

A fix for the shift boots is to get the leather ones for an MB/GPW like I did. Wink
Nate
1953 3A, 1949 3A, 1947 2A, 1918 IHC Titan 10-20, 1905 IHC Famous, other hit n misses
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic