Forum Home Forum Home > Other Vehicles Area > Other Vehicles - Tech Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Any JK/JKU Owners out there?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WillyBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any JK/JKU Owners out there?
    Posted: 31 Dec. 2016 at 3:19pm
Before anyone gets upset please notice that I am posting this in the "Other Vehicles" area on this forum. My daughter has a 2015 Wrangler Unlimited Sport without split climate control. Driver side heat is cooler than passenger side heat. Mode actuater works fine. Blend door actuater works fine. Volume/velocity of air each side is the same. Both tubes going to heater core are HOT. Vehicle is under warranty but I don't like taking vehicles back to the dealer unless ABSOLUTELY necessary because it usually comes back with something else messed up. I flushed/back flushed heater core. Before flush there was a 50 deg F difference in the temperature at the far left dash vent vs. the far right dash vent. After flush there is a 30 deg F difference. I am using a thermocouple attached to a Fluke 179 to measure temps. I did get stuff out of the heater core. I have searched other Wrangler forums regarding this and it appears to be a common problem especially on older vehicles. I have topped off coolant with Mopar OAT coolant.
Has anyone else had this problem and if so what did you do to fix it?
Is there a solvent that would dissolve the stuff in the heater core without damaging the heater core? (I have read CLR and vinegar.)
Thanks.
1947 CJ2A #146428
1947 CJ2A #103567
Stev View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb. 2017 at 1:41pm
Sorry I don't check this part of the 2A Page often.

We have a 2006 Rubicon that has had heater cores issues.  We have been through 3 of them in the past year.  To replace the heater core you have to remove the steering, entire dash and AC (and gas).  We also have the front roll cage and the hard top that have to be removed.  Big one day for two people.

My recommendation - If it is still under warranty have the dealer do the job.  If it is not under warranty but the Dealer will give you a warranty on the whole job for life.  Have the dealer do the work.

Stev
Stev
1946 CJ2A Trail Jeep (The Saint), 1948 CJ2A Lefty Restored
 Post Reply Post Reply