Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone here use Miracle Paint?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote konstan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone here use Miracle Paint?
    Posted: 18 July 2018 at 12:20am
It's another Moisture Cured Urethane (MCU) paint, kind of like POR-15, I've had good luck with it. 

My frame and the pumpkins look really sharp in it but now I want to put a topcoat (OD green) and am wondering what kind of experience people have with painting over Miracle Paint or I imagine POR-15 would be similar.

Some say to rough it up with 220-ish and some say to prime first.

Miracle paint is pretty smooth when its cured, so... whats the best way about topcoating that?
damar2yxr View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damar2yxr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2018 at 1:14am
With POR 15 I have been told that before it is fully cured......like while its somewhat tacky...you should lightly spray over it with a primer then apply your top coat. A fully cured POR 15 is very hard and a good sanding is required to improve adhesion.
eat,sleep,jeep

Proud father of a Marine, Army Dentist, Navy Pilot and a Princess. LIFE IS GOOD!
43MB,47CJ2-A,48CJ2-A X2,70Jeepster Commando 1/2 cab,84CJ-7,
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2018 at 1:53am
While POR is still tachy you can coat it with a primer compatable with your desired top coat. Allow to cure/dry and paint your top coat. No experiance trying to sand and paint.
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
konstan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote konstan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2018 at 3:59am
huh too late for the "before its cured"... I painted the frame six months ago...

And yes, its *very* hard.

I think I'll pick an area (like the transmission skid shield), sand and paint it and see how that turns out, though I won't be able to subject it to actual field test obviously...

Edited by konstan - 18 July 2018 at 4:01am
 Post Reply Post Reply