Forum Home Forum Home > Bantam Trailer - Discussion - For Sale - Wanted > Bantam Trailer - Tech Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Arrow 41 taillight rebuild

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickeykelley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Arrow 41 taillight rebuild
    Posted: 11 Aug. 2017 at 11:33am
I'm in the process of rebuilding the trailer's Arrow 41 taillights and have a few questions.  

First, there is a separate circular plate, that I understand goes on the outside back of the main body.  However, with the mounting blots (some sort of carriage bolt but with small shoulders) going thru the main body, then thru this circulat plate, a nut on the bolt will not snug up the 2 pieces of metal due to this shoulder being taller than the combines thickness of the pieces of metal.  When mounting to the trailer, is there any spacer between the light case and the metal strap?  Seems like without a spacer it's just ripe for water to sit and rust form.  I was trying to put a nut on the studs first, then mount to the metal trailer strap then another nut and locking washer.

Second, what bulbs does it take.  The one dead one that was in there looks the same as the single pole 93, but that 93 is too tall and won't let the cover and lense sit flat. When I put the dead one (which you can't read any numbers) on up next to the new 93, the 93 is physically taller.  And what bulb is used for the lower light, as approsed to the upper light (which I assume is the brake)?
Bill Norris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Norris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug. 2017 at 6:12pm
The Arrow on my Bantam was original with all the parts still in tact. The carriage bolts have extremely small shoulders and pretty much press into the back of the housing. I've never had an issue with water getting in and my taillamp was solid when I got it. There was no spacer between the housing and the strap.

The big brake light bulb is an 87 and the smaller tail lamp bulb is a 63.

Bill
Holy Toledo! Jeep Calendars and the Dispatcher Jeep magazine

http://dispatchermagazine.com
mickeykelley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickeykelley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug. 2017 at 5:05am
Thanks Bill for info.  
 Post Reply Post Reply