Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

At A Crossroads

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2018 at 4:19am
EEEEEEE-YOWCH!!  Get well soon!  Ouch
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Cinnabear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cinnabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2018 at 5:33am
talked to the guys lawyer tonight and decided it’s not worth all the trouble.  Settled for $1500 of the $1800 I asked for.  Better than nothing and I can now focus on getting this thing running
So now I need to find someone to install The TC and Tranny.  The guy who had been working
On it decided to go to work driving a truck hauling rock for the county.  Hopefully can find someone local soon.
Thanks to everyone for their words of wisdom and support through all of this. 
Today was hopefully the last visit to the Dr to have burnt skin cut away.  It’s gonna be a month or so before I can do any work myself on the Goat.  

Edited by Cinnabear - 19 July 2018 at 4:06am
1947 CJ-2A Willys
ralf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ralf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2018 at 3:37am
I am glad this is behind you.

Ralph
1947 CJ2A
1948 CJ2A
1953 Ford NAA Golden Jubilee Tractor

1941 J-3 Cub
1957 Farmall Cub Low Boy tractor
1942 Clarktor WW2 tug
Cinnabear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cinnabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2018 at 3:40am
thanks man, me too 😀

Now need to get the Tranny and TC ordered and installed. Trying to find the right fuel line, get the cooling system flushed...then the little stuff. 
As soon as I get cleared from this burn I’ll start a build thread and get the Goat off-road. 
1947 CJ-2A Willys
russnj View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russnj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2018 at 12:59pm
Glad to hear you are recovering from your burns! Ouch!

Looking forward to seeing your build thread!

43 MB, 48 CJ2A, 50 CJ3A, 55 M38A1, 56 CJ5, 79 M151A2, M100 ,65 M416
Willy M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willy M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2018 at 5:01pm
I just read through this whole misadventure.  Retired from the Navy just over 20 years ago as a Chief Engineman and back then if you'd have got a hold of his Chief, he might not could have forced this 'bird to make things right with you, but he could have made his life miserable for a very long time.  But that was the Navy then and from what few contacts I still have left on active duty, things have changed a lot and not for the better.  

But as a Chief, I'd at least like to apologize on behalf of the sailors who do have the integrity that we used to be known for.  

Now, back to Willys Jeeps!  I'm in the research mode for my "forever Jeep" and this time around it will be a Willys CJ2A, 3A or a M-38.  Just building up the Jeep fund till I can find the one I want.  

W

Cinnabear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cinnabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2018 at 6:02pm
thanks for the kind words Chief.  I’m glad just to put this behind me and get on to fixing this thing up.  It’s needs some work but I’m in love.  And this forum is just full of amazing people, these guys have turned a bad experience into an adventure. 
I’m driving the wife nuts out wrenching on it and trying to get little things done with one arm. I’m getting to meet one forum member this weekend and another the first week of August, which is exciting to me.  I meant it sincerely, any of you ever pass through and I’d love to meet and have lunch or dinner. 
1947 CJ-2A Willys
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567